scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 13 2006 02:55 PM
Re: recon

Only real system of intrest is the one forming later tonight into Monday east of Florida.....This pattern with overall pressures lower (ala trough) was seen by me last week as a area of intrest. I said that it will possibly impact Florida or the Se coast to the Carloinas if anything did develop..... The other area just east of the carribean will desolve in 12-24hrs. Another area of intrests the models like is a piece of energy from trough moving into the gulf...hard to say if its the system forming from above or just a branch off of the trough also.

Anyways..this system has the best chance of becoming Debby by later Monday or into Tuesday...it has warm ssts...enough moisture for development..low enough pressures.....just only windshear for now...but I expect that to lessen some in the next couple of days as a ridge builds to its N......also with the ridge...I expect whatever nw path it takes in the next couple of days to push it back to the S and W later in the week .....for now...its the best chance at developing...models are beginning to pick up on it...but landfall and path is still uncertain as we dont have a center and ridge strength is unknown in 72hrs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center