Fairhopian
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Sep 11 2009 12:22 PM
Re: Fred Still a Hurricane, Other Areas Being Watched

Frederic was a defining moment for anyone living in Mobile (or South Mississippi). I was 9 at the time, but have as many vivid memories from the two-week period of Frederic and his aftermath, as I do from the entire 9 years preceding. Frederic was a dry storm, but for what he lacked in rain, he made up with wind. No tree stood a chance against that storm, and few houses weathered that storm without major damage. So, if Fred "lives" through the next few days, he still has a lot to live up to, if he is indeed the long lost son of whom Daniel ponders. Fred probably won't get my attention (or respect) unless and until he crosses the western tip of Cuba.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center