F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

2024's Atlantic name list reuses 2018s, with Milton replacing Michael, and Francine Replacing Florence.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 244 (Idalia) , Major: 244 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 244 (Idalia) Major: 244 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
steering winds
      #12574 - Mon Sep 15 2003 12:52 AM

I took a nap, watched the longest football game in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who got a touchdown with 5 seconds left in the game and than Automattica had the field goal blocked (again) and we ended up losing 12-9. Let's not forget the 30+ penalties. Man.

I think that I'd rather be working for the NHC than have to face Jon Gruden in the locker room or, for that matter, be a Bucs player for the next week. Or 2.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: steering winds
      #12576 - Mon Sep 15 2003 12:56 AM

Colleen: Interesting. My J-E-T-S lose to Miami, sending this thing towards NY. Then, The Buc's lose to Carolina...does this mean it's heading to the Carolinas (cause I certainly hope not). Sorry for the BAD football analogies. Three days is a long ways away

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Mary K.
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Hurricanes and Football
      #12579 - Mon Sep 15 2003 01:04 AM

I think football games are like hurricanes. You can forecast them all you want, but they go where they go. Some are saying that this storm is already beginning the nudge towards the NW and some are saying it is stalling some what. What say you

--------------------
weather is all you can count on, good or bad.

Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: W. Central Florida
Re: steering winds
      #12613 - Mon Sep 15 2003 02:32 AM

Could not believe that game Colleen ! I have never seen so many flags thrown in one single game in all my life. No I really would not want to be in the locker room tonight, but then on second thought it might not be a bad idea Tonight was not the Buc's night for sure. We need to get this little problem straightened out real fast!

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3101

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center