F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Healthcare [Re: Keith234]
      #34253 - Mon Nov 01 2004 10:37 PM

>>> Before he was elected I had a bad feeling that he would get involved in the whole middle east thing, he did, and you would think he wouldn't fall into the same trap his father did. But hid did, and there’s nothing to do about it but to wait, and care for it until it heals.

Keith, what are they teaching you in the schools these days?

First of all, the "Iraq mess"??? Go back and read all the quotes posted yesterday by democrats regarding the need to disarm Saddam...they all, including JFK, felt there were WMD in Iraq...don't blame the President for that.

Second of all, you had a feeling he'd get involved in this middle east thing...every President since Carter has been involved in the Middle East in one way or another...I guess 9/11 didn't hit close enough to home for you? Those rat bastids attacked us on our SOIl and you thought we weren't going to fight back???? Even sKerry keeps SAYING he will hunt down and kill Osama...I may not agree with his politics, but I have no doubt he loves America slightly more than the middle east.

Third, Bush the senior did make one mistake regarding Saddam. That was the decision NOT to finish the job by marching straight into Baghdad when we had the chance. Would have saved us a whole bunch of trouble down the road...might even have prevented 9/11.

Go look into Kerry's "war" record and his subsequent VVAW activities...which bordered on treason! How many of his "Band of Brothers" support him? ONE! Look how many veterans groups are opposed to Kerry!!!! And it's not like Kerry is facing a friggin 20 Star General (for Skeet ).

Look how many anti-Kerry websites are out there...a number of which are NOT for President Bush, but vehemently OPPOSED to JFK. Go read up on Kerry's activities following Viet Nam...

Trust me, you do not want this man for CIC.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Healthcare [Re: LI Phil]
      #34256 - Mon Nov 01 2004 10:52 PM

Don't worry, I can't vote anyway. Not much along this topic but I do have a debate class...I'm not saying to not fight back but keep a cool head, don't go blowing one city after another and killing the innocent. How would you like it if the KKK or some other radical organization came and blew up a huge gathering of a race they hated in a differnent country. Then that country came over hear and bombed every city to the ground and subsequently missed them by 20 min's. I don't know about you but I wouldn't like that country that much anymore. You got to look at it from the perspective from the down up sometimes.

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Troops & Civilians [Re: Keith234]
      #34258 - Mon Nov 01 2004 10:57 PM

Most Iraq's are enjoying their new found freedom. The US and UK (Thanks Tony B! Shout out to James88 & Byett) have been very methodical in their undertakings. There have, and will always be civilian casualties, but very little of it has been because of US "mistakes". There are still a few "cells" (about half of which are from countries' outside of Iraq) who are aligned with radical leaders seeking to undermine US peace keeping efforts. These are soldiers of fortune, hired guns, merceneries...they are the ones who are hunting down and killing Iraqi citizens; they are the ones who ambushed the 50 or so Iraqi soldiers and murdered them, execution style. They are the ones who capture foreigners working to help rebuild Iraq and who they decapitate on video, conveniently smuggled to Al-Jeezera tv.

We will win this war, it will not happen overnight. The first free Iraqi elections are scheduled for January, and the fanatics are doing everything they can to disrupt that as well. They do not want freedom, justice and democracy...to them that is an anathma worse than Communism was to us.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Troops & Civilians [Re: LI Phil]
      #34261 - Mon Nov 01 2004 11:36 PM

I wouldn't speak for the Iraq people, they don't seem to happy to me, although you can't really tell if their happy or angry.

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Troops & Civilians [Re: Keith234]
      #34264 - Tue Nov 02 2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't speak for the Iraq people, they don't seem to happy to me, although you can't really tell if their happy or angry.

If you find yourself wondering how the Iraqis feel, just dig up any one of the 300,000 bodies that were murdered by Hussien and ask them how they feel. Better yet, ask any one of their surviving relatives.

The debate on Iraq has been had. Everyone involved in the decision to enter Iraq, including the filthy lying John Kerry agreed that Hussien needed to go.

How can you agree with Kerry, when he agreed with Bush, but then didn't agree with Bush because he was going to run against Bush. Now he has to lie and distort a record, video tapes and other recordings of himself supporting the war.

Anyone who doesn't see this is blinded by ignorance or in complete denial. It's really that simple. Twenty years of no action whatsoever to protect Americans, no action or bills to provide meaningful legislation reforming healthcare, not a single bill to help the "common man" (as he puts it). What the hell are you voting for? Sounds more like a vote against Bush than a vote for Kerry.

Folks need to think this through.

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Troops & Civilians [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #34267 - Tue Nov 02 2004 12:30 AM

Frist of all, I want to change the current president, it's time for a change, that's why we have elections every four years. And secondly as yeah, right said "If two people agreed on everything, one person would not be necessary."

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Lets take a poll [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #34269 - Tue Nov 02 2004 12:29 AM

Does anyone else feel completely disgusted that before sKerry made any public comments on the OBL tape, he took a poll to judge how he should react? This guy wants to be president?

It's like how Dukakis responded to Bernard Shaw during the 1988 debates:

Shaw: "If Kitty Dukakis were raped and murdered, would you favor an irrevocable death penalty for the killer?"

Dukakis: "No, Bernard, I don't. I don't think it's a deterrent...yadayadayada."

If someone asked me if someone had just raped and murdered my wife, whether I wouldn't want that sumbeatch dead, boiled alive, stoned and beaten, and then have his head cut off, that I would say NO!

sKerry has no conviction, no gumption, no honor...he'll say and do anything to get elected, including calling for a poll to judge how he should react to the Osama tape.

This is, unfortunately, NOT an isolated incident...this is John Forbes Kerry's entire career!

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Found this Interesting [Re: LI Phil]
      #34278 - Tue Nov 02 2004 01:34 AM

It's from the homeland securtiy bill. Terrorism is only terrorism if it is against the United States, right?. Any violent crime is now defined as terrorism, whether someone is injured or not.

H.L.C.
(2) ACT OF TERRORISM.-(A) The term ''act of terrorism'' means any act that the Secretary deter- mines meets the requirements under subparagraph
(B), as such requirements are further defined and specified by the Secretary.
(B) REQUIREMENTS.-An act meets the requirements of this subparagraph if the act-
(i) is unlawful; 8
(ii) causes harm to a person, property, or entity, in the United States, or in the case of a domestic United States air carrier or a United States-flag vessel (or a vessel based principally in the United States on which United States income tax is paid and whose insurance coverage is subject to regulation in the United States), in or outside the United States; and
(iii) uses or attempts to use instrumentalities, weapons or other methods designed or in- tended to cause mass destruction, injury or other loss to citizens or institutions of the United States.

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Found this Interesting [Re: Keith234]
      #34279 - Tue Nov 02 2004 01:40 AM

What the f--- does this have to do with Kerry taking a poll before he makes a statement on Osama? We'll debate the merits of this post after you answer my question...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Lets take a poll [Re: LI Phil]
      #34280 - Tue Nov 02 2004 01:47 AM

I don't know what Kerry was thinking but then again I don't have to agree with everything he say's. He's trying to cover himself, which he shouldn't be doing. One thing that I agree with you.

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Found this Interesting [Re: Keith234]
      #34281 - Tue Nov 02 2004 01:55 AM

>>> Any violent crime is now defined as terrorism, whether someone is injured or not.

It would seem to me that if a crime is violent, someone is injured...then again, like Bubba, I'm not sure what the definition of "is" is...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Found this Interesting [Re: LI Phil]
      #34293 - Tue Nov 02 2004 12:56 PM

The point is that why would you define terrorism as any attack in the U.S. So if my next door neighbor decided to kill me, that would be a form of terrorism?

--------------------
Edgar Allan Poe

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19232

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center