F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Archives 2020s >> 2022 Storm Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: LadyStorm]
      #114509 - Thu Nov 10 2022 02:13 PM

Rainy and blustery here in Plant City at 9am. Temperature is a cool 71. Not as much wind as I expected at this time...we may be on the fringe of the 'eye' of this cyclone. Airport showing gusts to only 30 right now and looking out my back windows, I have no reason to doubt that. Birds are at the feeders....

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #114510 - Thu Nov 10 2022 02:31 PM

Over here in Pinellas County: It has been a morning of moderate to heavy rain and gusty winds. My maximum gust was 36.5 mph at 7:25 AM. I’m still getting gusts to 20 - near 30. Unobstructed weather stations on the beaches and at St Pete/ Clearwater airport have had gusts to 60+ mph. The rainfall forecast is verifying for 2 - 4 inches. I’ve had 2.34” since Midnight. My lowest relative pressure was 994.7mb at 8:36 AM.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #114511 - Thu Nov 10 2022 02:44 PM

2.8" for today and 5.4" for the event in SW Seminole County. Almost lost power about 7 times, but it's still on. Winds have shifted to have more of a southeast component. Hard to say max winds since my anemometer is too close to houses and trees. Various small branches and debris are all over. Have not ventured out to assess the area yet.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

Personal Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLONGW67

GeorgeN
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Wesley Chapel FL
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #114512 - Thu Nov 10 2022 04:31 PM

3.3 inches so far, with most of the heavy rains going from 7am to 11, Seems to be slowing down now.
The yard is underwater, but hopefully most of it will get absorbed. Just cleared a drain so water can drain into my pond.
Winds started getting heavy around 7am, but peaks only show around 30mph. If I was in an open area, it may have it the 40 that was predicted. Looking at the radar and plots, I may be in the eye now, but hard to tell. Temp is 68F, 99% humidity, pressure 29.2

--------------------
Wesley Chapel FL - since 1990
Previous resident of North Miami and Merritt Island

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: GeorgeN]
      #114514 - Thu Nov 10 2022 05:27 PM

At noon: 76F, overcast (with light drizzle at times), wind SE 20-25 mph / gusts 30-35 mph. As of noon, received an additional 0.42" 2-day Nicole event rainfall total: 2.70".

While I personally did not observe (estimated) sustained wind greater than 60 mph, nor any gusts in excess of 70 mph at my location 600' from the Atlantic Ocean in Daytona Beach Shores, winds may have been higher early in the morning prior to 4 am (when I woke up from a sound sleep!). Media has reported highest wind gust in Daytona Beach and Daytona Beach Shores at 77 and 85 mph respectively.

From Media:
Richard Tribou, Orlando Sentinel
Thu, November 10, 2022 at 8:03 AM

NASA left its $4.1 billion Space Launch System rocket and Orion spacecraft for the Artemis I mission to the moon on the launch pad at Kennedy Space Center to ride out Hurricane Nicole, noting that it could withstand sustained winds of 85 mph at 60 feet high when vertical at Launch Complex 39-B.

Hurricane Nicole ended up testing those safety limits.

The weather sensors on a tower at LC 39-B record wind data among other things at various heights every five minutes, posted to KSCweather.ksc.nasa.gov.

The SLS stands 321 feet tall and the 600-foot-tall tower sensors are as high as 459 feet up. At 4:15 a.m., one sensor recorded a maximum gust of 100 mph. The average wind at that time was 85 mph.

At lower heights, though, the wind was not as severe at that time. At 134 feet at that time, a sensor recorded a gust of 81 mph and sustained winds of 67 mph.

The tower’s tallest sensors saw gusts between 90-100 mph several times between 3 and 5 a.m. but sustained winds more in the 50-60 mph range closer to the ground.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #114517 - Thu Nov 10 2022 06:28 PM

Now at 3.03" for the day and 5.64 for the event in SW Seminole County. Surprisingly still experiencing strong gusts from the S and SSW.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

Personal Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLONGW67

GeorgeN
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Wesley Chapel FL
Re: Nicole Conditions in your Area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #114520 - Thu Nov 10 2022 08:05 PM

4.06 inches, 69 degrees, steady SSE winds with 20 mph gusts. Clouds seem to be less dense now, so more sunlight is coming through. Not as gloomy as this morning. Hoping the storm is far North by the time it sweeps more bands over the state. I suspect the roads need time to drain.

--------------------
Wesley Chapel FL - since 1990
Previous resident of North Miami and Merritt Island

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8622

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center