F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Re: fish spinners and such
      #1961 - Wed Aug 14 2002 07:37 PM

What you got on it? I just had my work pc replaced with a 1.3GHz system and I was out of town so I didn't get my address book copied over. I'm working on it slowly but lost my link to the NRL. Post the excerpt if you don't mind.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: fish spinners and such
      #1962 - Wed Aug 14 2002 07:41 PM

Here it is...

http://kauai.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc-bin/tc_home

Anonymous
Unregistered

nice..is this the first invest in the real tropical atlantic this year?
      #1963 - Wed Aug 14 2002 08:19 PM

Very nice. Small...not a lot of color but nice. And, the water there is more than marginal.

Bobbi

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: nice..is this the first invest in the real tropical atlantic this year?
      #1964 - Wed Aug 14 2002 08:48 PM

Nice, yeahh...but too south and close to S. America.

Anonymous
Unregistered

91L
      #1965 - Wed Aug 14 2002 08:52 PM

Maybe Bobbi, if it can survive the shear monster. Don't know what the shear forecast is, but I see some to it's west coming off S.A. , but it's riding on a wave that is moving fast. Slow down 91L! But if upper winds abate we'll have our first real Atlantic/Caribbean system to track. Everyone take a deep breath, let's wait & sea. Cheers!! Steve H.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Western GoM
      #1966 - Wed Aug 14 2002 09:10 PM

Satellite pics of the western Gulf of Mexico look interesting this afternoon...some outflow, convection... is there anything lurking on the horizon?

Carl
Unregistered

Re: Western GoM
      #1967 - Wed Aug 14 2002 09:17 PM

I agee. I'm not sure why this gulf system is being ignored--concentrated t-storms, pressure down to 29.85, good outflow developing, some turning on the Corpus Christi radar loops, etc.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
      #1968 - Wed Aug 14 2002 09:38 PM

If it hangs out a few more days, it won't be ignored. All models were moving Bermuda High over my way over the last few days. However, MM5 and NOGAPS have slacked a bit. Btw, NOGAPS (I think it was) had a very interesting solution on the 12Z run for the east coast where the ridge actually splits in the 84-120 hour range. I haven't seen that so far this summer.

Pressures are marginal, but all winds are (were last I checked @ 1:00) basically out of the SE. You have a surface trof piling into an upper feature so it can't move WNW like it should and it's just sitting there spinning up convection which hasn't made it my way yet today.

It's not impossible, but it's not likely to do anything yet. See my post yesterday on the options because the only thing that's changed is if we get a wind shift this far south, that convection is going to miss us to the SE and more likely affect MS, AL, FL in a few days.

No news on Bastardi's little spin headed for the FL straits. Models don't do very much with it so far, but it will be riding south of the nose of the Bermuda High, so it's anyone's guess if something can play out here. Had Joe not continued to mention it for the last few days, I would have lost it.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Carl
Unregistered

#1969 - Wed Aug 14 2002 10:58 PM

buoy off of Corpus Christi down to 29.81--5pm

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1970 - Wed Aug 14 2002 11:36 PM

Hey Carl,

That's a little lower than it has been. On the high-res visible they showed here on Fox8, it appeared that some type of surface circulation was trying to form. Bob Breck reminded all the NC Gulf Coasters that the sign anything was forming down there would be a corresponding drop in pressure here as well as a shift in the winds to the NE. Complicating our weather for this weekend is an apparent wave moving off the west coast of FL and heading toward the Gulf. Definitely some interesting features around.

Watch again tomorrow and also check the 00 model runs tonight to see if they are beginning to pick up on anything this way.

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Europe Floods, Tropics Quiet
      #1971 - Thu Aug 15 2002 12:10 AM

first time storms have fired late in the gulf this thing realy looks stong this could be it steve were will it go.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1972 - Thu Aug 15 2002 12:27 AM

pressure drop again , down to 29.80 mb and falling

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1973 - Thu Aug 15 2002 12:27 AM

29.78 north of were i think it is starting i cant get out there

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1974 - Thu Aug 15 2002 12:31 AM

shear , shear, shear

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1975 - Thu Aug 15 2002 12:46 AM

avn shear model current- 4day shear light in that area , sorry what shear?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Europe Floods, Tropics Quiet
      #1976 - Thu Aug 15 2002 12:55 AM

you go boy i dont see it

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1977 - Thu Aug 15 2002 01:02 AM

29.78 thats about a 1007 mb low ,does that sound about right?

Carl
Unregistered

#1978 - Thu Aug 15 2002 01:16 AM

Hey Steve,
I watched Bob Breck for a lot of years when I lived near New Orleans. I well remember the "tension" between Breck and Nash Roberts when he was still on the air at channel 4. I always preferred Breck over Nash because he always had the latest technology whereas Nash was dawing on a map with a magic marker. Since I moved to Baton Rouge, I'm stuck watching the local guys here--let me tell you, they don't have a clue (they would fit in well at the Weather Channel).

Carl
Unregistered

#1979 - Thu Aug 15 2002 01:18 AM

That would be drawing, not dawing!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1980 - Thu Aug 15 2002 01:41 AM

I'm with you Carl. Bob is the best meteorologist in town still. I just finished listening to the Barometer Bob show (2nd Wednesday of every month at 8pm ET). We've got Carl Arredndo formerly of TWC now on WWL TV 4 who took Dave Barnes' place - good thing too because I didn't like Dave Barnes.

I'm going to check those buoys now.

Steve

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: **
Topic views: 22934

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center