F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
Ricreig
User

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Fl
Re: Jeanne Moving West [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #31491 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:04 AM

Quote:

For those who don't make it back to the start of this thread:

Full size available at the start of this thread or at www.skeetobite.com/weather

No sense making a track map as Jeanne looks committed to the current path. Street level windfield maps tomorrow at 11am.

Skeet...the *only* significant piece of info missing from your 'fix points' on your map is the TIME forecast to be at these points. Could'ja?

--------------------
Richard
A forecast is NOT a promise!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RevUp
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc:
Re: News updates [Re: WXMAN RICHIE]
      #31492 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:06 AM

I'm sure many are taking more of a wait and see approach. There will be many more making the decision to leave on Saturday. Part of me says I really can't blame them, but if you decide to live on the barrier islands, you've got to expect stuff like this. People have become very spoiled.

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Re: News updates [Re: WXMAN RICHIE]
      #31493 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:06 AM

Quote:

Local tv just talked to a man on Abaco Island. He is already reporting 60-70 mph winds and the storm isn't even close yet.
Local reporters on the barrier islands of Martin, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties are finding that many, many people are NOT leaving. Their reasoning is that authorities didn't let them back home soon enough after Frances so they are staying this time. This is NOT good.

WOW...that report from Abaco really exhibits just how broad the windfield of Jeanne is! And we're still seeing expansion...

As for the barrier island residents of those three counties...HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS??? We're looking at a potential for 125-130 mph wind gusts tomorrow...staying on a barrier islands....oh and the storm surge? Staying=putting your life in danger.

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: News updates [Re: Kevin]
      #31494 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:09 AM

She's looking like she is building some good convection to the Southeast of her eye now.

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Jeanne Moving West [Re: Ricreig]
      #31495 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

For those who don't make it back to the start of this thread:

Full size available at the start of this thread or at www.skeetobite.com/weather

No sense making a track map as Jeanne looks committed to the current path. Street level windfield maps tomorrow at 11am.

Skeet...the *only* significant piece of info missing from your 'fix points' on your map is the TIME forecast to be at these points. Could'ja?

Huh? It's the red text next to the coordinates.

Also had a request for more florida and less water. The only way to provide a useful (readable) close up image is to crop at 600x600. For those who are interested, here is a link to the current raw base map(1276x623): www.skeetobite.com/weather/maps/image_map.gif

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
Re: News updates [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #31496 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:17 AM

00Z GFS is comming in.. Looks similar to the 18Z. Looks like it has it comming in around Ft Pierce then up through the middel of the state again.. Not much change, though I expect with the input of the Gulfstream IV data the 06Z will be more enlightening..

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

AlexK.
Unregistered

recon data [Re: Ricreig]
      #31497 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:31 AM

Someone might have posted this but recon found flight winds of 110K and pressure steady of 964

GaGirl
Unregistered

#31498 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:34 AM

This is a great map. The only thing I see missing is Georgia. Is that a good sign or a bad one? We have been really lucky. Is our luck running out? I live in SE Ga, in a liitle town called Jesup, just north west of Brunswick and the Golden Isles. People here are a little concerned, but not overly. We have never really had to concern ourselves with these storms since David. Although we all left when Floyd looked like he could make landfall at Brunswick. I live about 50 miles inland and we took a road trip to Macon (9 hours instead of the typical 2 1/2 hour drive) Got to Macon and turned around and came right back. Never even got out of the car. It was a nightmare. We are debating about what to do now. Local stations are saying we can expect 60-75 mph winds but who knows? Any suggestions?

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: fl
Re: News updates [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #31499 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:38 AM

Ok lets get into it!!!!!!! Right now Im going to talk about the models,,then Ill post more in a hour or so on ideas then Ill take any questions you all have.
New model runs coming in. ETA OZ run is inland near Boyton Beach across to Ft Myers. Landfall by midnight. GFS OZ is in, landfall near Pt.St Lucie and to Arcadia then NW between LakeLand and Tampa,,,,,( this is about 50-75 miles more west then the 18Z run and has the new data into the model. It now agrees with the NOGAPS. Speaking of the NOGAPS It goes inland near Jupiter then near the Lake then across to near Sarasota and NNW just offshore Clearwater and threatning the Panhandle.. This has been the most consistant model over the last 2 days from run to run and the GFS has been bending to this and now agrees. Jeanne is moving more closer to 14mph. Even though it was posted at 74.9 its already near 75.5 as of 1230am eastern,, at this pace she should be near 26.6 and 75.8w at 2am adv,,but i could be off by a tad. If this continues and its expected,,then landfall might happen just before midnight if any increase in speed to near 17mph. Its possible too. CMC also makes landfall near Pt .St Lucie to Lakeland to just north of Clearwater (New Port Richie and moving NW-NNW. I havent seen the Ukmet yet or the GFDL. I would suspect a more westward shift again in the track with landfall closer to my forecast and then Nw to Lakeland and come up to near Ocala by Sunday evening. Winds at landfall I still feel will be near 120mph with gusts close to 140. This will be stronger then Frances at landfall. Extreme damage and mass power outages will affect a wide area throughout the state in the area of the path. Strong squall lines will start to affect the east coast of florida by mid morning and work inland during the afternoon. Ill have more to come latter on my 24 hour landfall and its pretty close to what I gave 3 days ago and even 7-8 days ago last weekend.

Ricreig
User

Reged:
      #31500 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:41 AM

[quote

Also had a request for more florida and less water. The only way to provide a useful (readable) close up image is to crop at 600x600. For those who are interested, here is a link to the current raw base map(1276x623): www.skeetobite.com/weather/maps/image_map.gif

I *told* you I was old, ancient and BLIND!!!! Sheesh!!! FooPaux!

--------------------
Richard

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Re: Jeanne Moving West [Re: GaGirl]
      #31501 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:42 AM

Based on the latest NHC, Jeanne will be a tropical storm with winds less than 53 mph when it crosses directly over Brunswick, on the way to Savannah. This is of course 5 days out and not a very reliable track past 3 days at best.

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
      #31502 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:44 AM

The track will be adjusted by 50 miles to the west over florida at the 5am adv. Landfall spot still up inthe air. Right now it looks like Jupiter.

AmoryBL
Unregistered

Re: News updates [Re: scottsvb]
      #31503 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:45 AM

Thanks for the models update. I have a feeling this may be headed for Alturas which was the crossing point for Charley and Frances in southern Polk County. We may have a magnet located here.

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
      #31504 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:46 AM

Scott, been keeping an eye on the NOGAPS and UKMET, and they all remind me of your forecast. I too had the same feeling that Jeanne would come in a bit further south than the models had shown. Probably due to their poor track record with the other systems and the way they had the ridges interacting with them. Especially the GFS which in turn influences a lot of the other models. Jeanne has definitely picked up forward speed this afternoon into this evening, and I can't help but feel that this would shift the track even further west. I was actually surprised that the NHC hadn't moved it to the left a little further, but that's probably due to their usage of the GFS and GFDL.

--------------------
Check the Surf

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged:
Re: Jeanne Moving West [Re: scottsvb]
      #31505 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:46 AM

Of course you know, that's directly over the secret lab... again.

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

#31506 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:50 AM

Thanks scott... good meaty post. I think that any additional acceleration puts Jeanne further inland as well. Won't be surprised to see more westward adjustment.... it's actually reminiscent of the Ivan story. Westward adjustments with each update....

When this year is over they need to open the hood on all the models and turn that "western bias" adjustment screw about two and a half turns to the left!

AdmittedHacker

(just too dang tired to think up any witty phrase to insert here)

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
Re: News updates [Re: AgentB]
      #31507 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:50 AM Attachment (197 downloads)

Hmmm....latest WV loop looks very interesting. The whole west side of Jeanne seems to have "exploded", as if it either sucked in some dry air or encountered some nasty shear. Definitely have to keep an eye on that.

WV Loop

WV Loop 2

--------------------
Check the Surf

Edited by AgentB (Sat Sep 25 2004 05:02 AM)

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
      #31508 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:53 AM

Im afraid that she might actually get a tad more west then that and do what the NOGAPS is saying and really giving Tampa a pounding by going all the way to Arcadia then NW to the Bay and into the Gulf by Clearwater late in the afternoon on Sunday. This will bring 80-90mph winds here even with higher gusts near the center. Right now they are forecasting 40-69mph here,, they will nudge it up to 50-70 by the 5am update and if things stay like the models and tracks a tad more w then it will be around 80-90mph. Thing is Frances was moving slow, was 105 at landfall so by time it was in west central florida it was near 70mph tops. Charley remember had winds 85mph with gusts over 100pm 125 miles NNE of Landfall. Jeanne should move about 12-15mph across the state and with landfall near 120mph expect her to drop 30-40mph by time it reaches this area. Over all this is going to be worse then Frances, except the duration will be not quite as long.

scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Jeanne Moving West [Re: scottsvb]
      #31509 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:55 AM

pressure down to 962mb and expect it to drop more,, Right now winds will be up to 110mph for the 2am update and might even be 115mph. Hard to say. Up to NHC.

Ricreig
User

Reged:
      #31510 - Sat Sep 25 2004 04:55 AM

Quote:

[quote

I *told* you I was old, ancient and BLIND!!!! Sheesh!!! FooPaux!

What I *meat* to say was a 'scale' on the street level map... Blub Blub

--------------------
Richard

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 67830

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center