F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: GOM? [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #32317 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:00 AM

If Jeanne is supposedly heading anything but West. Then why is the grid line constantly visible in the lower part of the eye. I'm refering to the Weather Channel graphics.
Dr Steve just said "It hasn't made the turn yet". Hold your comments LIPhil.
BTW- NHC storm movement directions ARE averaged over a period of time and not necessarily the direction of movement from one Advisory to the next.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bloodstar

Reged:
Loc: Tucson, AZ
forecast points for 11pm [Re: MrSpock]
      #32318 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:00 AM

0300Z current: 27.2N 80.0W 100Kt winds
1200Z 29.2N 82.9W 65Kt
0000Z 33.0N 83.5W 40Kt

they're still sticking with tne NW turn

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
Re: LI Phil [Re: Colleen A.]
      #32319 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:00 AM

You Go Girl!!

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #32320 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:02 AM

Quick thx to my hommies out there...

Yeah, I pulled some strings, but they wouldn't have given me the time of day if it did not mean something.

WEATHER>>>JEANNE most important now

I'll hang around a minimum of an hour, unless you'd prefer I didn't..I got your storm surge maps, your up to date radars and your WV loops at the ready...

Just give me the word...I want to help.

I was tempted to go further (as in responding) but that's not what's important right now...your safety is...

Fire away and I will do what I can

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Liz L.
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: St Cloud, Florida
Re: LI Phil [Re: FireAng85]
      #32321 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:02 AM

10:58ish here still windy, but still have power. i wonder if we will be spared hurricane winds? i pray and hope.

collegemom
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Central Arkansas
Re: LI Phil [Re: BillD]
      #32322 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:02 AM

enough is enough
please stay on topic

--------------------
character has been defined as what we do when no one is looking

anom
Unregistered

Re: forecast points for 11pm [Re: Bloodstar]
      #32323 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:02 AM

Quote:

0300Z current: 27.2N 80.0W 100Kt winds
1200Z 29.2N 82.9W 65Kt
0000Z 33.0N 83.5W 40Kt

they're still sticking with tne NW turn

follow the trends of the storm

richisurfs
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Indialantic,Florida
      #32324 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:02 AM

I'm sitting here in Indialantic finally going thru this thing and I don't have time to go in depth so I'll just say that if I did have the time I would have basically written exactly what Colleen just did. I stand behind you Phil!

Liz L.
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: St Cloud, Florida
Re: LI Phil [Re: richisurfs]
      #32325 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:03 AM

please keep up the good work here i love coming here and reading the updates.

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Re: UPDATE [Re: danielw]
      #32327 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:04 AM

HURRICANE LOCAL STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
1030 PM EDT SAT SEP 25 2004
...EYE WALL NOW IMPACTING EXTREME NORTHERN SECTIONS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY...
...HURRICANE FORCE WINDS MOVING ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS AND NORTHERN PORTIONS OF PALM BEACH COUNTY...

...WIND IMPACTS...
AT 10 PM...WIND REPORTS ACROSS PALM BEACH INDICATED SUSTAINED WINDS OF 55 TO 60 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 74 MPH...PARTICULARLY AT WEST PALM BEACH. HAM RADIO OPERATOR REPORTS FROM THE JUPITER AREA INDICATED ESTIMATED WIND GUSTS CLOSE TO 100 MPH CLOSER TO THE EYE WALL. ACROSS BROWARD COUNTY...WIND REPORTS ACROSS THE NORTHEAST PORTIONS OF THE COUNTY INDICATED SUSTAINED TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS...40 TO 45 MPH...WITH GUSTS AS HIGH AS 55 TO 60 MPH. ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF BROWARD COUNTY...WINDS REPORTS INDICATED SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 TO 39 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 45 MPH. WINDS IN MIAMI DADE COUNTY WERE MAINLY 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 TO 45 MPH PARTICULARLY IN THE NORTHEAST PORTIONS OF THE COUNTY. AT 10 MPH...FOWEY ROCKS...JUST SOUTH OF KEY BISCAYNE...WAS REPORTING SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR 45 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 TO 60 MPH.
*IN THE LAKE OKEECHOBEE REGION...WINDS WERE MOSTLY IN THE 40 TO 50 MPH RANGE WITH GUSTS TO 65 TO 70 MPH. WINDS WERE MOSTLY IN THE 20 TO 30 MPH RANGE ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF SOUTH FLORIDA GUSTING CLOSE TO 35 MPH.

Jeffmidtown
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Re: GOM? [Re: danielw]
      #32328 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:05 AM

It really seems that the NHC and Accu-weather are sticking to the bitter end with the northeast turn once it gets inland. But with the speed of Jeanne, wouldn't that make it harder to make that northerly turn and track it further into the GOM? The way this storm has been acting in the last 12 hours I have a gut feeling that Jeanne may become Ivanesque and track into the GOM and then head into Alabama and track near Atlanta...

No meterological basis for that statement, but just observations and feelings.

Also, Georgia gubbanah Sonny Purdue has just issued a state of emergency for the entire state...I wonder if he knows something that the NHC may not know?

--------------------
You know it's a bad day.....when you wake up and see Jim Cantore and Geraldo Rivera broadcasting from your backyard....literally!

AdvAutoBob
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Re: tensions [Re: MrSpock]
      #32329 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:06 AM

First off... though I've just started posting pretty heavily tonight, I HAVE been lurking here off and on since 2003. That being said, I have nothing but RESPECT for Phil, as he understands what we in the line of fire are going through (both physically AND emotionally), and I ejnoy a chance to jump "off topic" to let off some steam. Kudos to him, Mike, Ed, HF, et al... and the rest of the regulars here. Tropical weather has been a hobby for me since I moved heer to Florida in 1973 as a wee lad of 9, and have learned more in the last 10 months here than in the previous years combined.. Once things clear up here, the FIRST thing I'm doing is chipping in to the new server fund.

rant off.... now i'm going to get my generator ready (just in case!)

Bob

--------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind"

FlaRebel
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Re: LI Phil [Re: Liz L.]
      #32330 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:07 AM

Give us all you got Phil!! This is the NHC track versus where she is going. She is south of the forecast. That is why I am afraid this is a GOM and double landfall storm. Click on the forecast points.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html

FlaRebel
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Re: LI Phil [Re: FlaRebel]
      #32331 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:08 AM

Hope she holds off do I can get in 18 tomorrow morning.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #32332 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:09 AM

I want to echo Colleen's comments on Phil... this guy has busted his ass to help the entire CFHC family.... I'm not even really sure what transpired tonight should have elevated to the level its at, but I know this... NO ONE has put in more quality time and effort in trying to moderate this board under what has to be considered as extraordinary events that has affected so many of us over the past several weeks... you asked for something from Phil and it you get it... he is a tremendous assest to this web site... the site is at unparalled popularity and membership... and Phil's recent contributions over the past several months are directly related to that success... one of the best decisions Mike and Ed made was appointing Phil as a moderator... it was a stroke of genius .... and I really don't want him to leave our site when it really is starting to pay big dividends to the CFHC members, and others who use this site as a source of tropical information...

anyone want to delete my post fine.... as least I've said my piece...

Frank P

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #32333 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:09 AM

LakeToho... I don't see Jeanne north of the lake yet. The south edge of Jeanne's eyewall is right on the Martin County/Palm Beach County line... which is just about the centerline of the lake, is it not?

I still see primarily westerly movement. Waiting for that turn...

AdmittedHacker

Jeffmidtown
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Re: LI Phil [Re: Frank P]
      #32334 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:09 AM

New thread posted......

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Re: LI Phil [Re: FlaRebel]
      #32335 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:11 AM

Forecast points. Somebody forgot to tell Jeanne she was supposed to turn.
LIPhil-WE are ready when your are. You got any of them Mike Size Maps??

gailwarning
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach FL
Re: LI Phil [Re: richisurfs]
      #32336 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:13 AM

Quote:

I'm sitting here in Indialantic finally going thru this thing and I don't have time to go in depth so I'll just say that if I did have the time I would have basically written exactly what Colleen just did. I stand behind you Phil!

Tell us what it's like there!

RevUp
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc:
Re: GOM? [Re: Jeffmidtown]
      #32338 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:15 AM

Quote:

It seems that the NHC is sticking to the bitter end with the northeast turn once it gets inland. But with the speed of Jeanne, wouldn't that make it harder to make that northerly turn and track it further into the GOM? The way this storm has been acting in the last 12 hours I have a gut feeling that Jeanne may become Ivanesque and track into the GOM and then head into Alabama and track near Atlanta...

If I'm not mistaken, latest NHC track does take Jeanne across Florida, very briefly into the Gulf near Cedar Key, with a turn to the north, then NE thru GA. Quick weakening after moving inland also! It can't weaken fast enough!

--------------------
"Let tomorrow worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 96677

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center