F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
Allison
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Laredo, Texas
Re: Model mania [Re: ShanaTX]
      #42770 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

I just wanted to chime in and let y'all know that some of the 'we' on this board are indeed living in Texas (dunno about Mexico). Go on to work tho, I am not fixin to worry about Emily just yet. Way too early.

I agree, Shana... my first response to JR's post was "ppffftttt"..

--------------------
Allison

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: Model mania [Re: jr928]
      #42772 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:38 PM

newbie question

This morning I noticed a piece of the cloud mass of Emily starting to look like it was moving off on its own to the north. This afternoon it looks even more so, and the original cloud mass south of it has become more rounded. So is this northern piece still an integral part of Emily, or is it going to become something separate? Does that ever happen?

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: Allison]
      #42773 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:41 PM

If emily was going to go where the ukmet has it going it would already at 2pm adv have to be going wnw nw already and as of 2pm its still due west.

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: ralphfl]
      #42774 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:46 PM

Also the ukmet and gdfl have been off even on Dennis.If its not going west NW by 5pm ADV your therory scot is out the window

Edited by ralphfl (Wed Jul 13 2005 07:46 PM)

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
      #42775 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:52 PM

Not necessarily. Just because the 12hr position may be a little bit off doesn't mean that things won't change and the 120hr position won't end up less correct. It usually doesn't happen, but to blindly state something like that without giving any physical reasoning behind it just doesn't pass muster.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

jaxmike
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville
Re: Model mania [Re: Margie]
      #42776 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:53 PM

This is a newbie answer...

I think what you are seeing is the outflow of the cyclone to the north, its still "part of the storm" but it is behaving in a manner that is not the norm. The center of circulation in this storm is very weird I think. It seems like the NE quadrant is really lacking clouds structure with the southern regions of the cyclone and the eastern regions being better defined. I believe that the outflow, if indeed thats what I am seeing to the north and the east, projecting itself in the manner it is indicates a good chance of strengthening to come. The most inhibiting thing that I am seeing near term for strengthening is the dry air in front of the storm.

I do not actually know what I am talking about, I am simply guessing. (I would say educated guessing, but I am not that confident.)

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: parrish,fl
      #42777 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:55 PM

the wnw -nw motion is under way..although look for the 5 to officially say w as the motion change is only very recently confirmed in sat pix.

--------------------
doug

ShanaTX
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Texas
Re: Model mania [Re: jr928]
      #42778 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:56 PM

No worries and apology accepted (but truly not needed) I just wanted to remind the board at large, while we're not in a crisis situation... that there are forum members from places *other* than Florida here

'shana

rmbjoe1954
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA
Re: Model mania [Re: Tropics Guy]
      #42779 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:57 PM

I do see a 'lift' towards the north as Emily appears ready to take that jog northward as the models had indicated earlier then going W-NW. I'm surprised at the UKMET model having Emily darting across Cuba.

--------------------
________2023 Forecast: 20/10/5________

There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends. ~Arnot Sheppard

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: jaxmike]
      #42780 - Wed Jul 13 2005 07:57 PM

well im going by the other ones as well and ukmet has had it wrong since the start as they have all the other storms.

I personally by looking at the other runs at the same time as ukmet think it has it way too far north.

And as always on here the mets like to go against the NOAA as when they get it right once they can say see.

Edited by ralphfl (Wed Jul 13 2005 07:58 PM)

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: doug]
      #42781 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

the wnw -nw motion is under way..although look for the 5 to officially say w as the motion change is only very recently confirmed in sat pix.

well even the NWS has been waiting on some sort of wnw.

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Model mania [Re: ShanaTX]
      #42783 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:06 PM

hello and im sorry but living in florida and going through the hurricanes we had to encounter last year...i think its about time that somewhere else got hit...weve had our fair share...not saying i wish you any danger or harm...but there was alot of damage done to florida last year and this year and we dont need anymore...theres my 2 cents...i do apologize if anyone gets offended but imsure there are others who agree with me...

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Allison
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: FlaMommy]
      #42786 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

hello and im sorry but living in florida and going through the hurricanes we had to encounter last year...i think its about time that somewhere else got hit...weve had our fair share...not saying i wish you any danger or harm...but there was alot of damage done to florida last year and this year and we dont need anymore...theres my 2 cents...i do apologize if anyone gets offended but imsure there are others who agree with me...

No offense taken, but just a clarification --

I can't speak for Shana, but I think the issue with the earlier post wasn't so much the prediction of a Texas landfall (we could actually use the rain, without the wind of course... ), but rather alluding that storms headed away from Florida aren't as relevant to the people who post here....

Then again, this is the Central Florida Hurricane Center...

--------------------
Allison

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: FlaMommy]
      #42787 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:22 PM

personally i like certian models and this year NOGAPS and gdfl are ones i like and all but the ukmet has it going west at the end of the 5 day which i know can change i do trust them more then others.

As far as scott's forcast i think he hit it on the head he has it going anywhere from the Yucatan to florida so i think he has ot covered

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
      #42788 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:33 PM

5pm is out no stronger nor any north movement yet.

ShanaTX
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Texas
Re: Model mania [Re: Allison]
      #42789 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:35 PM

Allison said it for me

And we're here in the Central Florida Hurricane Center because there's more good info here than anywhere else. I want to *know* when it's time to get ready for imminent inclement weather delivered by a named storm. (Rather than the normal havoc caused by unnamed storms.)

'shana

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
      #42790 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:36 PM

and the cone of error does have cuba in it but then west after that no Florida area not even the keys.Better go NW soon or it will have to go east some to make some peoples prediction.

I would just love to see it hit nobody as life is more important then being right.

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
      #42792 - Wed Jul 13 2005 08:57 PM

anyone have a link of africas sat?

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: Model mania [Re: nl]
      #42793 - Wed Jul 13 2005 09:04 PM

question could those quakes in puerto rico and everywhere else be shaking up these oceans? and does that have a effect on hurricanes?

Allison
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Model mania [Re: nl]
      #42794 - Wed Jul 13 2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

anyone have a link of africas sat?

http://www.weather.com/maps/africaandmiddleeast.html

--------------------
Allison

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 40233

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center