F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)
rd261

Reged:
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: Lee-Delray]
      #60851 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:20 PM

what do you guys think about the Accuweather forecast? You can see it at http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hurrica...;imagetype=move

I live in Miami and it is looking a bit dangerous.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: Dawn]
      #60852 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

What are you saying-things are bad for Florida or good? Please give me your view. Have watched your post for a year now and worried about your brother with Katrina.

I justr don't understand what you said. I live in St Petersburg and am ready, but my parents will not let me get them ready.

Dawn I was just saying she is moving slowly, not stalled. According to NHC's forecast they just put out not 15 minutes ago, they think she'll continue to move slowly. And sometime before November, Wilma will emerge into the GOM. According to NHC, in about 36 hours, in spite of the fact that some of the models still have her emerging slower than that. So that will be early Sunday morning.

So the Sunday 11am forecast would be the best time to check and see when and where Wilma will hit FL, and in the meantime, make preparations for the eventuality she will hit where you live.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: Multi-Decadal Signal]
      #60853 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:25 PM

This post was sent to the Hurricane Graveyard

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: Margie]
      #60854 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:27 PM

Yes, be vigilant and ready. The 5 PM ET forecast track has shifted ever so slightly northward of the previous forecasts. Keep an eye on those as they are released. I'm expecting more northward shifting as the weekend progresses.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

nandav
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pt. Charlotte, FL
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: komi]
      #60855 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:28 PM

Sure it is! (Better than a Cat 4, I mean).. but I'm was just thinking of all the damage that Katrina did to SE FL .. even TS force winds can cause a lot of damage...

StPeteBill
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas County
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: Margie]
      #60856 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:30 PM

Denis Phillips just said that the forecast path has been moved 75 miles north. Is this accurate? I have not seen this in any of the models.

sara33
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St. Pete,
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: StPeteBill]
      #60857 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:35 PM

I saw that as well, and I believe that it is true... More towards Fort Myers as opposed to Naples , I believe...
Please correct me if I am wrong anyone.

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
      #60858 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:35 PM

Moved from the south edge of Lake Okeechobee to the north edge. About 30 miles north on the Gulf coast; maybe 75 miles on the Atlantic coast.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

MadDog
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: DeBary, Florida
      #60859 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:35 PM

That is what our Channel 9 Tom Terry was showing. We will even get minimal TS force winds in Volusia County.

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: sara33]
      #60860 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:36 PM

thats what he just said....ft meyers to naples to the keys are gonna get the brunt of the storm...im not breathing a sigh of relief yet...but lil weight off my shoulders to hear just that.,....

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Rdietch
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: MichaelA]
      #60861 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, be vigilant and ready. The 5 PM ET forecast track has shifted ever so slightly northward of the previous forecasts. Keep an eye on those as they are released. I'm expecting more northward shifting as the weekend progresses.

If you look at the last 10 or so track forcasts they shift it north then south then north then south again.Also if you really look hard at the 11AM and the 5PM tracks and put them over each other they have the exact Same not close but Exact same landfall.The change is the cross which moved from just south of the Lake to over the Lake but Landfall is Exact same.

Edited by Rdietch (Fri Oct 21 2005 09:38 PM)

komi
Weather Watcher

Reged:
      #60862 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Denis Phillips just said that the forecast path has been moved 75 miles north. Is this accurate? I have not seen this in any of the models.

Does Denis Phillips knows something no one else knows ?

tenavilla
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Tampa Area
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: MichaelA]
      #60863 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:39 PM

I just noticed the slight northward shift in the forecast track as well. On another note, I'm a little disappointed with TWC. Their track has a smaller cone, which clearly does not extend as far north as the NHC 3-day cone. I would be overjoyed if Tampa were no longer in the cone, but I think it's irresponsible of TWC to show a smaller area than the NHC. Many people use TWC as their main source of storm information and it is a very misleading graphic.

nandav
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pt. Charlotte, FL
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: FlaMommy]
      #60864 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:39 PM

I know it's still too early to really know, but doesn't sound like I'll be returning to work (S. Ft Myers) on Monday! They already gave us yesterday & today off to prepare.... Hope it doesn't go any more North.. because Punta Gorda doesn't need any of this (not that an area needs it, but still have lots of folks living in FEMA trailers there).

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: komi]
      #60865 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:39 PM

i dunno...but it seems that he does...last year he was the one to forecast that Charley was gonna turn....so take it how you want...im not speculating anything

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: Rdietch]
      #60866 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:42 PM

Actually, it has moved from Marco Island (south of Naples) to Cape Coral (north of Naples). It was pretty much on Marco for a couple of days.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

Nutmeg

Reged:
Loc: New England
Re: Wilma Approaching the Yucatan Peninsula [Re: trinibaje]
      #60867 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:44 PM

Yes, it was Ivan who rolled right along the coast of Cuba...almost looked like the eye had "terraphobia" ... quite interesting to watch actually...scary, but interesting LOL

StPeteBill
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas County
      #60868 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

i dunno...but it seems that he does...last year he was the one to forecast that Charley was gonna turn....so take it how you want...im not speculating anything

I personally can not stand to watch Denis Phillips, so over dramatic, but he does seem to call it like it is. And yes last year he is the only one that kept saying that Charley was not a Tampa storm.

sara33
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #60869 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:45 PM

Dennis Phillips IMO will give you the facts as well as his own opinion.. He will be the first to say whether we are "out of the woods" and he has not indicated that yet! He also mentioned that he wants to see if this N. shift continues as a trend or if it is just temporary. I guess as far as the immediate TB area, the next 24hrs will be very crucial.All hopes on her just fallin' apart over the Yucitan
Christine
St. Pete

sara33
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #60870 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:47 PM

Exactly!Even though I did not believe him and I thought it was quite bold of him to say that...he was right on!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 61038

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center