F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 242 (Idalia) , Major: 242 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 242 (Idalia) Major: 242 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Models are clustered tight on Charley [Re: Frank P]
      #19164 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:09 AM

Has there been any official reports on the amount of moisture available from Charley? Is he considered to be a wet storm or a wind storm? Does anyone know? If it is going to be primarily a rain event, then those in our soggy low lying areas need to plan for transportation to and from their homes. We have some extreme conditions in some of our swampy real estate. IF it is going to be a primarily wind event, then those who have loose debris, signs, moveable furniture etc, need to be aware of storing these things before Friday night I guess. It is interesting to talk about winds blowing light lawn chairs over to the neighbors yard, but having a tree fall on you car with you in it is not fun nor safe.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rasvar
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Re: Models are clustered tight on Charley [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #19165 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:14 AM

Given the speed that it is currently forecast to traverse the area. I would say it will be a wind and rain event in Polk county. Possibly 50 MPH sustained withhigher gusts would be my current guess. 4-6" of rain for Friday. That is all made under current track assumptions, however.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Site Tip [Re: ]
      #19166 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:16 AM

Quote:

Note to Anonymous Users:

Registration only requires a valid E-mail address we ask of nothing else. Your E-Mail address will be kept confidential with CFHC unless YOU allow it out. Reason for email is so you can be sent your password automated after you register and also for security reasons.

Main Benefit of registering is that this system will keep track of the messages/posts you have read so you do not have to scroll through them all to find out where you have left off. You can jump to new posts since last read.

Thanks and please take time to register it will only make your visits to CFHC more enjoyable.

Sorry for being off topic but I see a lot of Anonymous users browsing the forums.

John Cornelius
CFHC

I tried to sign up but ran into some errors

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Models are clustered tight on Charley [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #19167 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:17 AM

I just called friends in Kingston Jamaica and they said about 3-6 inches of rain.

By the Lake Toho Kissimmee Florida (cant sign in cause I cant remember my password as I am at work)

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: USA
Bonnie Landfall [Re: Rasvar]
      #19168 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:18 AM

Does anybody have the latest ETA for bonnie?

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Bonnie Landfall [Re: hurricane_run]
      #19170 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:23 AM

According to TWC, should be sometime tomorrow between 7:00 (am) and 1:00 (pm) EDT

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

John C
Unregistered

Re: Site Tip [Re: Anonymous]
      #19171 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:24 AM

Quote:

tried to sign up but ran into some errors

If you get errors registering please email us and let us know your login name you created and we will try and fix you asap. cfhc@flhurricane.com

Thank You

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: LI Phil]
      #19172 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:26 AM

Dr Steve Lyons made an interesting observation earlier. Due to the tremendous amount of rain that has fallen in FL the last 7 days, he thinks that there will be an extra-ordinary amount of trees and powerlines down.
Got batteries, water, and gasoline?

Edited by danielw (Thu Aug 12 2004 02:46 AM)

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Re: Bonnie on KLIX radar [Re: LI Phil]
      #19173 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:30 AM

New Orleans long range radar link.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p20-r/si.klix.shtml

Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Parrish Fl
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: danielw]
      #19174 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:31 AM

good for tree trimmers! we always do the hurricane dance! lol.

ticka1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Southeast Texas
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: danielw]
      #19175 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:31 AM

Quote:

Dr Steve Lyons made an interesting observation earlier. Due to the tremendous amount of rain that has fallen in FL the last 7 days, he thinks that there will be an extra-ordinary amount of trees and powerlines down.
Got batteries?

And a chainsaw with plenty of gas to run it.

--------------------
Join www.wildonweather.com/forum Message Board

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Re: Vortex Messages [Re: danielw]
      #19176 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:34 AM

Bonnie Fix

URNT12 KNHC 120213
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 12/0213Z
B. 27 DEG 14 MIN N
88 DEG 32 MIN W
C. 850 MB 1497 M
D. NA
E. NA
F. 157 DEG 26 KT
G. 047 DEG 51 NM
H. 1010 MB
I. 17 C/ 1540 M
J. 19 C/ 1541 M
K. 13 C/ NA
L. NA
M. NA
N. 12345/8
O. 0.1/4 NM
P. AF963 0902A BONNIE OB 08
MAX FL WIND 39 KT E QUAD 0131Z.

Charley Fix
URNT12 KNHC 120212
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 12/0212Z
B. 17 DEG 39 MIN N
78 DEG 37 MIN W
C. 850 MB 1344 M
D. NA
E. NA
F. 166 DEG 76 KT
G. 068 DEG 07 NM
H. 993 MB
I. 16 C/ 1509 M
J. 20 C/ 1510 M-up 1C
K. 18 C/ NA-down 1C over ?cooler water/land?
L. CLOSED WALL
M. C8
N. 12345/8
O. 1/1 NM
P. AF968 0403A Charley OB 12
MAX FL WIND 76 KT NE QUAD 0209Z.

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: 52255225]
      #19177 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:34 AM

Can anyone tell me what they think the impact will be for Southern Brevard County? I have a lot of yard furniture and things that would be considered "storm missiles" that would need to be put away.

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: ticka1]
      #19178 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:36 AM

Here in EC Florida, we are starting to get ready. We got some batteries and bottled water tonight in case the power were to go out. We haven't seen a spectacular amount of rainfall in our locale lately, but we do have a decent amount of leaning trees in our neighboorhood. You know how it is-you lose one line and a large area goes without power.

Charley looks to be following the NHC track fairly nicely, with what is perhaps a more NW component in the past couple of hours. No matter where it makes landfall on the Florida West Coast, we should all be ready for some effects from this storm.

Interesting times ahead...

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: Floridacane]
      #19179 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:38 AM

Hey Floridacane: Have a pool? Dump as much of your lawn furniture as you possibly can in it. I'd wait just a little while before doing that though...maybe late tomorrow morning.

You certainly don't want lawn furniture flying around!

EDIT: Check out the zone forecast for Brevard County that is issued by the Melbourne NWS. You all could still see some noticeable TS conditions, but you may just escape the hurricane force windgusts.

Edited by Kevin (Thu Aug 12 2004 02:40 AM)

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
nearing 11pm.... [Re: danielw]
      #19180 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:38 AM

recon's reports from bonnie suggest that it has weakened once again.. significantly this time. i'm really not sure what's wrong with the system.. other than the fact that it's bound for the united states. storms of that category tend to weaken significantly before hitting land, extremely warm water/favorable development conditons or not. in this case westerly shear may be infringing after all.. and since it isn't alex headed out into the open atlantic, it's on a weakening binge.
charley: not strengthening much. i can only guess that jamaica is the cause.. outflow is good and the CDO is solid. i'm wondering if the intensity guidance keeping Charley on a very slow, almost abnormal development pace for a recurving hurricane with excellent conditons and very warm waters.. is suggesting something subtly wrong with the storm that i can't detect. regardless.. it's headed for florida.. so those of you who believe in the supernatural power of mouse ears may have more evidence for your case.
so anyway.. expect a drop in intensity and the end of official forecasts for bonnie to be a hurricane at 11, and am waiting to see if Charley means to do what is entirely possible for a storm on its course.
HF 0238z12august

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: Kevin]
      #19181 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:42 AM

Hey Kevin, With all the rain that we've had, my pool was about an inch away from overflowing, so I let some of that out tonight (about 6 inches or 2 below normal)
Thanks for the advice!

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: nearing 11pm.... [Re: HanKFranK]
      #19182 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:46 AM

The Charley track has just been updated on NRL..same forecasted intensities and little change to the track.

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/04_ATL_03L.CHARLEY_ssmi_gif_full.html

Bruce
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Charley Winds and Trees [Re: Floridacane]
      #19183 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:46 AM

Hey Floridacane, I heard on NWS Radio 60mph winds for us in melbourne, That was around 2pm today.

javlin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Biloxi,MS
Re: models [Re: BillD]
      #19184 - Thu Aug 12 2004 02:46 AM

The ULL out front still not out of the way of Charley.This providing some of the shear I believe on the NW side of Charley.This ULL will 1)slow Charley down? 2) push Charley N over Cuba sonner than I thought? I take door #2.The advancement of the front is extremely impressive.It is really moving along at good rate.Bonnie will but be a pebble(sm.one)in a pond to it.I do not think that alot of intensification will occur with Charley this evening.The enviroment around Charley is not under Charley's control right now.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 95324

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center