F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
RevUp
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Liz L.]
      #32213 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:23 AM

According to MLB radar, it appears Jeanne is making a slight jog to the right as it interacts with land. Jupiter being hit hard now and Ft. Pierce about to get slammed in the next hour.
Eye should make a slight right turn at landfall and remain pretty close to NHC track. Latest surface pressure falls seem to favor the track across to the west coast, and water vapor doesn't indicate anything to stop Jeanne short of briefly entering GOM near Weeki Wachee.
Last GFDL output brings it closest to Tampa, but looks like a CAT 1, after quickly weakening inland. Obviously everyone is concerned about Lakeland and Polk Co. areas dealing with their third direct hit. God bless you all.

--------------------
"Let tomorrow worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Parrish Fl
Re: Sorry Lou [Re: jbmusic]
      #32214 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:24 AM

maybe when the eye comes ashore we will see that north turn. Hey Im concerned here! Im in your boat!

CatInOrlando

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL 28:24N 81:26W
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: Justin in Miami]
      #32215 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:24 AM

So far so good here in Orlando. We have everyone tucked in here at the house (friends from eastlying mobile homes, and dorm rooms), last ones in arrived about 8:30. Power still good, cable still good. Keeping an eye on everything though. Thanks for all the posted links and stuff all day...it has been a great help in keeping everying updated here.

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
      #32216 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:25 AM

I'm still here even with 70 plus mph winds. Do I have a generator I don't know about?

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

rugrats
Unregistered

#32217 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:25 AM

Godspeed to all of you in the path of this storm. Just went through Ivan and we were far east and for us it was a long night. The tornados were horrible then, I hope none of you have to deal with that. Good luck all...thoughts and prayers are with all.

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: WXMAN RICHIE]
      #32218 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:26 AM

LOL good to see you here....we are flickering down here...winds are up higher now too 30-40...gusting to 60-70 just a guess

StormHound
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Double Eyewall? [Re: Unregistered User]
      #32219 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:27 AM

Quote:

What about the gulfstream, or has it already hit it?

I can't remember exactly, but I think she's in it now.

--------------------
Storm Hound
Computer Geek

clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: RevUp]
      #32220 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:28 AM

Saw JB on Fox just a bit ago (he's on every half hour or so for those that want to see him). He too is harping on the idea of land interaction causing the storm to kick NNW. He thinks landfall may be around or north of Vero when all is said and done and then resuming the expected course. He was in the middle of an explanation why he thought this would occur when they lost transmission (fox w/ JB that is). I think he is looking at it like what we saw with Charley, where the land friction causes the storm to spin to the right, although the thinking would be in reverse in this case than with Charley.

I'm gonna go see what's up outside...

DeLandT
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Parrish, FL
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: CatInOrlando]
      #32221 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:29 AM

Here is some info from FPL on power restoration:
Florida Power and Light Co. said 12,000 of its customers were without electricity. The utility appealed nationwide for more linemen and tree-cutters to supplement the crews still repairing damage from the last hurricanes.
"Our resources are clearly stretched," FPL President Armando Olivera said. "In all candor we must tell our customers that they must be prepared for extended outages, perhaps three weeks or more."

Looks like even the aftermath will be hard to deal with, i.e. no working gas stations, ice, and food!!

RONJON
Unregistered

Re: CNN Turn [Re: Unregistered User]
      #32222 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:29 AM

hey, I agree...I think Port St Lucie at 11 PM. Pretty close to NHC. Maybe a tad south. My point was its not gonna veer sharply to the north and skip along the coast like CNN stated

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

Re: CNN Turn [Re: Unregistered User]
      #32223 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:29 AM

Surprisingly little rain so far on the north side... while south FL is getting drowned. Daytona needs no more (31 inches in the last 2 months) so that is a blessing for them. It appears to be the result of the dry air surrounding Jeanne to the north and east. Have no idea how long that luck will hold though...

Rasvar
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Re: North Central Florida [Re: Ocala]
      #32224 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:32 AM

I do not recall exactly what Frances did in Spring Hill. The bigger danger, in that area, is the flooding moreso then the wind. Rain could be very heavy. It is also possible that if it passes east of Spring Hill, there could be a lot of water blown on shore from the Gulf. That is a major issue in that area.

--------------------
Jim

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: clyde w.]
      #32225 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:33 AM

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL
858 PM EDT SAT SEP 25 2004
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A
* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
MARTIN COUNTY, ST. LUCIE COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA

* UNTIL 1000 PM EDT
* AT 855 PM EDT...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A TORNADO WARNING FOR MARTIN AND ST LUCIE COUNTIES MAINLY FOR THE ONSET OF EXTREME HURRICANE WINDS AND EMBEDDED TORNADOES ASSOCIATED WITH THE INNER CORE OF HURRICANE JEANNE AS THE CENTER NEARS THE COAST. WINDS TO 100 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 120 MPH ARE EXPECTED...ALONG WITH TORNADOES.
* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE INDIAN RIVER ESTATES...SAINT LUCIE VILLAGE...JUPITER ISLAND...LAKEWOOD PARK...NORTH RIVER SHORES...QUEENS COVE...PORT SALERNO...PORT SAINT LUCIE RIVER PARK...SAINT LUCIE AIRPORT...SAINT LUCIE WEST...NETTLES ISLAND AND ROCKY POINT

THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE DURING A LANDFALLING MAJOR HURRICANE WITH EMBEDDED TORNADOES IS IN A STRONG BUILDING ON THE LOWEST FLOOR IN AN INTERIOR ROOM AWAY FROM WINDOWS. GET UNDER A WORKBENCH OR OTHER PIECE OF STURDY FURNITURE. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS TO COVER YOUR HEAD AND BODY.

Edited by danielw (Sun Sep 26 2004 01:39 AM)

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

Re: CNN Turn [Re: RONJON]
      #32226 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:34 AM

If CNN said Jeanne is going to skip up the coast, perhaps they meant the west coast... because if they meant the east coast, somebody needs to send them the link for the NHC....

Ocala
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Ocala, FL
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: DeLandT]
      #32227 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:36 AM

Quote:

Here is some info from FPL on power restoration:
Florida Power and Light Co. said 12,000 of its customers were without electricity. The utility appealed nationwide for more linemen and tree-cutters to supplement the crews still repairing damage from the last hurricanes.
"Our resources are clearly stretched," FPL President Armando Olivera said. "In all candor we must tell our customers that they must be prepared for extended outages, perhaps three weeks or more."

Looks like even the aftermath will be hard to deal with, i.e. no working gas stations, ice, and food!!

Was talking with someone today traveling home to JAX from Georgia. Said he saw a whole caravan of utility trucks heading north into Georgia. Wait, you're going the wrong way!

RONJON
Unregistered

Re: CNN Turn [Re: AdmittedHacker]
      #32228 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:37 AM

Admittedhacker,

yeah, they said skip up the east coast! I guess they don't believe NHC or their own eyes!

DeLandT
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Parrish, FL
Re: CNN Turn [Re: AdmittedHacker]
      #32229 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:39 AM

I am over here in DeLand and the last thing we need is more rain. We have had 36 inches in the last 10 weeks and everything is flooding.I lost three trees in Charlie (one landed on the backisde of my house) and two trees during Frances (both on my garage) I hope the dry air holds and the western path continues. I am tired of paying these outrageous deductibles!! At least my family was safe. Of course I dont wish the path on anyone! But we have had enough.............

StormHound
Weather Guru

Reged:
Joe Bastardi [Re: RONJON]
      #32230 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:40 AM

What time do we expect the next JB sighting?

--------------------
Storm Hound
Computer Geek

Ocala
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Ocala, FL
Watches/Warnings for North Central and North Florida and Georgia [Re: Ocala]
      #32231 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:40 AM

Watches/warnings. A hurricane warning is in effect from st Augustine southward. A tropical storm warning is in effect from north of st. Augustine to altamaha sound georgia, a tornado watch is in effect until midnight edt for st. Johns, flagler, putnam and marion counties in northeast Florida, a flood watch is in effect for southeast georgia and northeast florida, an inland hurricane wind warning is in effect for putnam and marion counties in northeast Florida, an inland tropical storm wind warning is in effect for alachua, baker, bradford, clay, columbia, gilchrist, suwannee, hamilton and union counties in northeast Florida, An inland tropical storm wind watch in now in effect for wayne. Brantley, charlton, appling, pierce, ware, jeff davis, bacon, coffee, atkinson, clinch and echols counties in southeast georgia, a hurricane watch remains in effect from north of st. Augustine florida to the altamaha sound in georgia,

alan
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Apopka, FL
Re: Double Eyewall? [Re: StormHound]
      #32232 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What about the gulfstream, or has it already hit it?

I can't remember exactly, but I think she's in it now.

the gulf stream is fairly close to the coast from Jupiter south, so it's in the middle of it until 10 to 15 miles offshore. Its further away from the coast the more north you get.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 96691

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center