F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 242 (Idalia) , Major: 242 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 242 (Idalia) Major: 242 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: danielw]
      #32233 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:41 AM

FLASH FLOOD WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL
853 PM EDT SAT SEP 25 2004

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...
INDIAN RIVER COUNTY
MARTIN COUNTY
ST. LUCIE COUNTY
IN EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA

* UNTIL 100 AM EDT

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RevUp
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: clyde w.]
      #32234 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:41 AM

Here in Tampa, north wind at 11 G 31 mph. 29.71 and falling.

--------------------
"Let tomorrow worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

DeLandT
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Parrish, FL
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: Ocala]
      #32235 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:42 AM

Ocala,
Hopefully they were just heading out of the storms path and plan to return Monday. Otherwise this is going to be a long long storm, no matter how fast it is moving!!

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: DeLandT]
      #32236 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:44 AM

Here in Lakeland we just had a wind gust that appeared to be about 30 mph. Wind is pretty steady at 23 mph for the most part.
Just enough so far to knock down loose debris from any trees that were not pruned by the last storm.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

gailwarning
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Satellite Beach FL
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #32237 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:45 AM

Can we do a roll call? Who is still here that's located within 100 mi of projected landfall?

RevUp
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc:
Re: CNN Turn [Re: Unregistered User]
      #32238 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:46 AM

Quote:

yeah, they said skip up the east coast! I guess they don't believe NHC or their own eyes!

Consider the source -- in a broad, general sense, Jeanne will be moving up the east coast (of the U.S.).

--------------------
"Let tomorrow worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #32239 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:46 AM

Joe Scarbourgh just clocked a 120 mph gust in West PB on his anometer and reported live on MSNBC... he was getting one hell of a blow and was doing every thing he could just to stand up.... all it would take is a small piece of debris to nail his butt and it might send him into early retirement... amazing gusts just pummeling this dude....

PalmCoaster

Reged:
Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: gailwarning]
      #32240 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:47 AM

representing Palm Coast in Flagler County. breezy, rainy conditions right now

--------------------
Real Estate Agent "So that's why Palm Coast never sees hurricanes...you're protected!"

Liz L.
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: St Cloud, Florida
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: PalmCoaster]
      #32241 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:48 AM

osceola county here

clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Joe Bastardi [Re: StormHound]
      #32242 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:48 AM

Hey StormHound,

He was on Heartland?? on Fox News twice tonight. It was the usual fare..him trying to give an in-depth explanation for his forecast and the talking head chopping it all to hell and cutting him off. I think he was trying to explain that the north and eastern portion of the storm would draw energy from the gulf stream while the southern and western weakened from frictional effects over land, causing it to pull north along the coast. He also believed this could cause the eye to "wrap up" causing some additional increase in intensity as it came ashore.

Not sure I'm buying it as she looks to me to still be going almost due west, but I get the theory.

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: Frank P]
      #32243 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:49 AM

Stephanie-TWC, just reported the roof peeling of her motel location. I believe she's in West Palm Beach.

Floridacane
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: Liz L.]
      #32244 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:49 AM

Still here in Southern Brevard. Palm Bay

--------------------
What's brewin' everyone?
Lori

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
      #32245 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:49 AM

Ft. Lauderdale here still with power

Humanriff
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Davenport, FL
Re: Losing Folks Online In those Areas [Re: DeLandT]
      #32246 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:50 AM

Quote:

"Our resources are clearly stretched," FPL President Armando Olivera said. "In all candor we must tell our customers that they must be prepared for extended outages, perhaps three weeks or more."

One of the dots on the NHC track is right on top of our house, so I guess it's just a matter of time. My guess is they will cut the power before it gets bad, anyway. I don't think it will take three weeks to get the power back on here, though, because the Cracker Barrel where all the linemen eat is about 100 yards from my house (I-4 and US27)

DroopGB31
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Pensacola
      #32247 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:50 AM

I still dont have cable due to Ivan so I cant watch any coverage on tv. Can you guys please keep me updated with whats going on down there. All I have is this site and a radar lol Thanks

viking

Reged:
Loc: Miami
      #32248 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:50 AM

NE Miami-Dade.

Not much to report from here.

DeLandT
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Parrish, FL
      #32249 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:52 AM

Not in the 100 Mile projection but still online in western volusia county (Power and Cable here still holding up well but not expected to last much longer).

rule
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Ocala, Florida
      #32250 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:52 AM

Looks like Fort Pierce area is now getting nuked. I bet those that stayed are having second thoughts...

Land fall for eye pretty soon.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Update [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #32251 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:52 AM

First of all, CNN should stick to politics, not the weather. They've been saying "up the coast" for 4 days. They are clueless.
I have been watching the local mets here and I think they have a better idea...as a matter of fact, 3 mets in the last 15 minutes have been talking about having to shift the track a little further south, and JC just confirmed that with his report in which he stated that for every little W/NW jog it takes, it takes 4 more to the west, so I have to agree with the westward track.
Right now the latest winds in Lakeland - Lakeland Highlands to be exact -- are now to the NNW at 24 gusting to 32mph.
I can absolutely not even imagine what sustained winds of 50 mph will be like in a few hours, nevermind 90 with gusts over 100.
It also looks like Jeanne is getting her act together again. The eyewall appears to be closed again and the convection is firing back up. Is she now in the Gulfstream? or is that yet to come?
I do believe that they have issued Hurricane Watches/Tropical Storm Warnngs along the West Coast of Florida, because the track and the large area of the hurricane winds and tropical storm force winds.
The local EOC's (including Polk County) are practically BEGGING people in mobile homes to LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. They even went as far as to have a News Channel 8 reporter in Polk County go on live tv telling people this is no game, it's not Frances and to PLEASE GO TO EITHER A SHELTER OR FAMILY. Hillsborough County is offering to take in POLK county residents!

Steve Jerve from News Channel 8 is now interviewing Max Mayfield at 9:27pm: addressing the inland counties: expect very high winds; the west coast of Florida could experience a HIGHER storm surge than the EAST coast as it moves across the state because the waters are more shallow . Max Mayfield just stated that at 11pm the track may be shifted a little bit to the west. A "little bit to the west" is very disconcerting...as we saw with Ivan...a little jog to the right or left makes a huge difference right now, because that will affect the inland counties as far as where a lot of the damage will be. But with the wide area of hurricane force, then TS force winds I'm not sure that anyone in the inland path of this storm is going to be less affected than anyone else.

The lights are flickering here right now a little bit, I don't think we will be as lucky in not losing our power this time around.

Okay, that's my local update from Lakeland Highlands. We are also looking at 10" of rain or maybe more! Polk County is really in a bad spot for storms that go across the peninsula; we get socked from the east then socked from the west.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Cathy
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Florida Native - Bartow (Polk ...
Re: Jeanne Still Heading West [Re: MikeC]
      #32252 - Sun Sep 26 2004 01:52 AM

Bartow here - frequent wind gusts.

Husband ,a firefighter, was called in at 7pm to stand by through the storm.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 96697

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center