F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Sadie
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Arcadia, FL
Re: From Arcadia [Re: Bev]
      #32560 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:07 AM

WINK reporter here in town says she has been out trying to acess damage, but can't tell what's from Charley and what's from Jeanne. Bev, are you surprised? This poor little town. Also WINK just had a phone call from a family here riding it out in a mobile home. They asked why he didn't seek shelter and he said he couldn't afford the gas to get to Manatee County. I think that's why so many people didn't evacuate around the state. We've all spent our vacation money long ago!!

--------------------
"...Grandmother the Earth. That power is here all the time. It is continuous, and nobody controls it." Wallace Black Elk, Lakota

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
Re: From East Orange County [Re: FireAng85]
      #32561 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:08 AM

Oh yeah, and my husband took my children from Northern Lake County to my dad's in Tampa. Please don't let them get hit over there. For those of you that are kind of expecting it to go more that way, what do you think the winds will be like in Lutz? It's like Jeanne saw them go there and is aiming at them.

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

Sadie
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Re: From Arcadia [Re: Sadie]
      #32562 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:16 AM

Gained some latitude I see. Too late to help us much. Hope it helps somebody.

--------------------
"...Grandmother the Earth. That power is here all the time. It is continuous, and nobody controls it." Wallace Black Elk, Lakota

Duncan
Unregistered

#32563 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:27 AM

After taking a jog north, it appears to be going due west again, if it is going to miss the GOM, it better start taking a NW or even a NNW turn very soon.

Cathy
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Florida Native - Bartow (Polk ...
      #32564 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:43 AM

Here in Bartow - out my window there are bright blue-green flashes in the sky. My Guess quite a fewfolks without power now. Constant wind with tremendous gusts.

Anybody know the time of sunrise??

Sadie
Weather Watcher

Reged:
      #32565 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:46 AM

From the NWS

DAMAGING WIND GUSTS FROM HURRICANE JEANNE ARE AFFECTING HIGHLANDS EASTERN POLK EASTERN DESOTO AND EASTERN HARDEE COUNTIES. DURING THE PAST HOUR WIND GUSTS HAVE RANGED FROM 94 MPH IN SEBRING TO 50 MPH AT THE SKYWAY BRIDGE. OTHER GUSTS AT MOST OBSERVATION SITES OVER SOUTHWEST AND WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA HAVE BEEN ABOVE 40 MPH DURING THE PAST HOUR. VERY HEAVY RAIN IS FALLING IN CENTRAL POLK AND HARDEE COUNTIES AND WILL CONTINUE DURING THE NEXT HOUR UNTIL 5:20AM EDT

The Center Of Jeanne... Just North Of Lake Okeechobee... Continues Moving West Northwest. As The Large Eye Of Jeanne Passes Through Highlands And Southern Polk Counties...The Winds Will Lighten Considerably But Then The Winds Will Rapidly Increase From The South On The Eastern Eyewall. It Is Important To Remain Inside During Passage Of The Eye As Winds Can Increase Rapidly And Darkness May Conceal Hidden Dangers Such As Downed Power Lines And Debris.

--------------------

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: From Arcadia [Re: Cathy]
      #32566 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:51 AM

Sunrise is around 7:30am.

TS Warnings have been extended all the way to Destin; the warning and track regime are very similar to Frances through 72hr with the 5am advisory. Hurricane warnings have been issued for the west coast from the Suwanee River south to Englewood. They expect the center to pass very near the Tampa Bay area later on in the day.

Good luck through the night, everyone, and here's to a long stretch of benign days ahead after this storm.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

tones321
Unregistered

Tampa area under hurricane warning - expected Cat 1 @ 2pm today [Re: Cathy]
      #32567 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:53 AM

Tampa 10 News just posted that the entire Tampa Bay area is under a hurricane warning. Center is expected in the area at 2pm today

Sadie
Weather Watcher

Reged:
      #32569 - Sun Sep 26 2004 08:58 AM

Outer bands starting to break up a little. Eye is having less definition. Every little bit helps at this point. But, for some reason known only to God, THE POWER IS STILL ON. According to WINK, it's off in town. I'm about 13 miles south. Have turned up the TV so I don't hear as much outside. So looking forward to dawn.

--------------------

SOUTHFLHAPPYGAL
Unregistered

Re: From Arcadia [Re: Clark]
      #32570 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:03 AM

Good luck through the night, everyone, and here's to a long stretch of benign days ahead after this storm.

I hope you are right about benign days ahead. Florida can't take anymore

Cathy
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Florida Native - Bartow (Polk ...
Re: From Arcadia [Re: SOUTHFLHAPPYGAL]
      #32571 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:08 AM

Just heard a large "crack" outside. One of my oaks' limbs? Wind and rain like crazy. Migraine headache that won't quit!

southflhappygal
Unregistered

#32572 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:13 AM

as long as you are inside....you will be ok...it came through here pretty strong earlier.....

Kruz
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
      #32573 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:17 AM

I am sleepless in Citrus county. It is VERY hard to get any information for my county...please can someone post for us?
What can I expect now that the path will be overhead????
I have come to Ocala to my parents but my husband stayed in the mobile home..I am so scared...thanks for all your great info...this web site is my life line.

--------------------
Dunnellon, FL

SOUTHFLHAPPYGAL
Unregistered

Re: From Arcadia [Re: Kruz]
      #32574 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:22 AM

I'm not sure what I can find out for you...but I will try

Interstate4Jamming

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, Florida
From North Lakeland [Re: Cathy]
      #32575 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:26 AM

Heavy rain and gusts my guess about 60 MPH. Fortunately still with electricity (my apartment complex grid is underground). Things have gotten stronger in the past hour.

--------------------
Visit my blog, Interstate4Jamming, a personal commentary on Polk County/Tampa Bay/Central Florida politics, life, and other issues of interest. Polk County is truly The Center Of It All, and there's never really a dull moment!

Kruz
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Re: From Arcadia [Re: SOUTHFLHAPPYGAL]
      #32576 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:31 AM

Thanks SouthFLhappygal!

--------------------
Dunnellon, FL

SOUTHFLAHAPPYGAL
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Deerfield Beach
      #32577 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:31 AM

Where is citrus county?

--------------------
Kathy
26.2N
80.1W

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: From Arcadia [Re: SOUTHFLAHAPPYGAL]
      #32578 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:36 AM

Okay, I'm back.
Here's a county map of FL. I had to look too.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/maps/florida_map.html

Kruz
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Re: From Arcadia [Re: SOUTHFLAHAPPYGAL]
      #32579 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:36 AM

Nice.....no one seems to know! Actually the nature coast. We are about 60 miles north of Tampa...the sort of pie wedge looking county.

--------------------
Dunnellon, FL

LongTimeLurker

Reged:
Loc: Crystal RIver, FL
      #32580 - Sun Sep 26 2004 09:39 AM

Just sent you a PT, I am in Citrus County if you want to check up on the weather just send me a PT

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 101273

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center