F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
Kristin

Reged:
Re: Jeanne Landfalls Near Stuart, FL [Re: MikeC]
      #32360 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:44 AM

How far from the eyewall do the 115mph winds go? My house is in Hobe Sound, between Stuart and Jupiter...
P.S. I'm NOT there right now!!! Actually, I'm in Tampa... looks like I can run, but I can't hide!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: recmod]
      #32361 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:44 AM

Lou,

As one of the founding fathers of CFHC, (sort of)= you not me, nothing I may have recently PMed others was a direct attack...believe me, it IS frustrating trying to sypher thru posts when a thread goes off topic...everyone in the entire state is so shell-shocked I made the executive decision to let everything thru (basically). I'd love to read a cliff notes in the morning, ya know

Lets dispense with the chit-chat...we're all in this together, or why the hell would we be here?

This IS and continues to be "THE SEASON FROM HELL" but I think it's almost over...one more hurdle that goes by the name of Jeanne.

For the next 24-48, I decree this is now "LOVE ONE ANOTHER" time and let's all pitch in to help answer/find/espouse info for the greater good.

If we face another, we'll deal with that too.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that the Rabbit never showed up to even try the voodoo hex...

Ah, the power of cheese...

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Edited by LI Phil (Sun Sep 26 2004 03:46 AM)

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #32362 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:45 AM

sure looks like the eye is trying to tighten up a tad as it makes landfall, at least that's the impression I get looking at the radar loops....

BillD
User

Reged:
Loc: Miami
      #32363 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:47 AM

Lou, I am with you on this. I made a similar statement, thiis has nothing to do with Phil. However I dio think that the rules around here are not enforced equitably. But such is life.

Bill

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Jeanne Landfalls Near Stuart, FL [Re: danielw]
      #32364 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:48 AM

Thanks, Daniel...I took 2 Tylenol instead...but man are my ears popping. It sounds like Jiffy Popcorn going off in my head.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Jshoo
Unregistered

Re: Jeanne Landfalls Near Stuart, FL [Re: MikeC]
      #32365 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:48 AM

Amateur radio operator KA4WJA is on a sailboat anchored near Stuart, FL and is operating on 3.760mhz ssb giving running account of Jeanne's crossing. He is currently in the eye.
ARS N4KIM, Jim

Steve-unplugged
Unregistered

Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: LI Phil]
      #32366 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:48 AM

>>As one of the founding fathers of CFHC

Were you mostly lurker status back then? It seems you emerged out the last 2 years or so. Also, how did you get 1000 more posts than I have? Lol. I was the first to the 600 category, and that was earlier this summer or late last year. /punk

LMAO

Vicious storm #4 for Florida. Let's hope this one's a rap for the Floridians.

Steve

alan
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Apopka, FL
Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: BillD]
      #32367 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:49 AM

COme on everyone. Can we please drop it an talk about the hurricane.

Doesn't it seem as if the edge of the eye hit the florida coast and then the eye started shrinking with the edge staying right on the coast.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: alan]
      #32368 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:53 AM

Yes, let's drop it and stay on topic now. I mentioned to Frank P. that it did indeed look like the eye shrank, also. Don't know what the heck that means.

Pressure here is 29.56"
Winds At N 23 with Gusts to 35

Seems a lot higher than THAT. God what are we in for here????
Not to mention the rain hasn't even started.....

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

tenavilla
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Tampa Area
11pm Forecast Map [Re: alan]
      #32369 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:53 AM

Did the NHC decide not to do an 11pm map? It's now nearly 12am and still no map on their site.

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
Thoughs on Jeanne [Re: BillD]
      #32370 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:54 AM

Live in Fla but watching Jeanne from Geogia tonight.

Looking at the radar loops, I'm noting that Jean is a dryer storm than Frances was. Not raining much North of Cape Canaveral at this point.
Heavier wind in the eye wall. The immediate coast where the eye is landfalling is getting pounded. Reports of roofs being blown off and cars being blown off a bridge over the intercoastal. Let's hope the car report was false.

NOt sure what all the remarks were about earlier. LI Phil,
you are part of what makes this board rock..

Hang in there everyone. Jeanne is gonna be mean as she cuts across the state tonight.

Be kind to one another.

RickInRockledge
Unregistered

Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: alan]
      #32371 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:55 AM

Melbourne radar shows the eye moving on shore fairly consistently. Maybe a fifth of the way in by my reckoning.

RONJON
Unregistered

Re: Storm slowing down? [Re: MikeC]
      #32372 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:55 AM

Is it my bleary eyes watching now seemingly infinite loops, or is Jeanne slowing down? The latest NHC track has slowed her down with about 20+ hours to go from Stuart to Crystal River. Great if it verifies - alot less wind on the left coast. Not so good for FW flooding though.

recmod
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Weather In Seminole County [Re: alan]
      #32373 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:55 AM

The weather here in Seminole County (20 miles N of Orlando) is going downhill rapidly. Winds have gotten much stronger in the past 30 minutes. I just looked outside and a tree is already down on my nextdoor neighbor's yard. Looking at the Melbourne radar, I see what appears to be the first really severe rainband getting ready to enter our area. It is just nudging into Eastern Orange County (for those unfamiliar with Florida, that is the county Orlando is located). It is racing west very qucikly and will likely move through my area in the next half hour or so. Beyond that, is the solid bulk of the truly nasty stuff that Jeanne has to offer. This looks like a Loooooooong night.

--Lou

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: Steve-unplugged]
      #32374 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:57 AM

Quote:

>>As one of the founding fathers of CFHC

Were you mostly lurker status back then? It seems you emerged out the last 2 years or so. Also, how did you get 1000 more posts than I have? Lol. I was the first to the 600 category, and that was earlier this summer or late last year. /punk

LMAO

Vicious storm #4 for Florida. Let's hope this one's a rap for the Floridians.

Steve

Steve, I went back and corrected it about 30 seconds after I posted it...I meant LOU was one of the founding fathers, not me...I lurked for maybe 5 years...

How's the hurricane partay?

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Colleen A.

Reged:
Re: 11pm Forecast Map [Re: tenavilla]
      #32375 - Sun Sep 26 2004 03:58 AM

TWC has the new map up...and it still looks like that NW turn will occur, only later on. Which is not a good thing right now.

--------------------

RickInRockledge
Unregistered

Re: Weather In Seminole County [Re: recmod]
      #32376 - Sun Sep 26 2004 04:00 AM

Lou, that nasty band you're talking about just came through here in the last 15 minutes. It was a doozie! Hang on! A little lull now but the radar shows we'll be getting hit pretty steady now for the next hour.

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Weather In Seminole County [Re: recmod]
      #32377 - Sun Sep 26 2004 04:00 AM

Yep that band looks real rough. I was watching it too. Hang on she's not through yet.
Would the warm water in the Gulf Stream have anything to do with the eye shrinking?

Steve-up
Unregistered

Re: Let's Try This Again [Re: LI Phil]
      #32378 - Sun Sep 26 2004 04:01 AM

>>How's the hurricane partay?

Taking it easy tonight with some extra crispy tater tots to go along with my extra crispy brain. Word.

Steve

AmoryBl
Unregistered

Re: Weather In Seminole County [Re: danielw]
      #32379 - Sun Sep 26 2004 04:02 AM

They are showing winds of 100+ in Osceola County in a band right now...anyone over there able to let us know what to expect in Polk?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 101295

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center