F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)
Anonymousnickd
Unregistered

LLC??
      #3332 - Sun Sep 15 2002 02:47 PM

the visible at 13:15UTC..11.3N,66.5W. is this the center of circulation?...if it is, it's now over water.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: LLC??
      #3333 - Sun Sep 15 2002 02:56 PM

i think it has survived south america.

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
The center has now emerged over water.
      #3334 - Sun Sep 15 2002 03:01 PM

Here is a color-enhanced IR sat. picture. Look to where the storm is, and you can clearly see the center indicated by the large "circle". Most of the convection on the north side, but I see this thing getting better organized today. Hey, I think I found the center and this is IR imagery.
http://cimss.ssec.wis.edu/tropic/real-time/atlantic/images/xxirg8n.GIF

Kevin

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Link not working...here's how you get there.
      #3335 - Sun Sep 15 2002 03:05 PM

Go to NHC, click on satellite imagery, go to the GOES-EAST western atlantic and caribbean, and finally click on IR (colored enhanced).

Kevin

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Tropical Depression 10 Forms Near Venezuela
      #3336 - Sun Sep 15 2002 03:13 PM

i see this think moving fast it looks like a gulf storm more and more but then could cross over to the east coast all locals are talking alot about this one could be the big one 2 days this thing will be in the north ciab if it dont slow going to be a long week

Rad
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St. Pete Fl. {27.8N 82.7W}
      #3337 - Sun Sep 15 2002 03:47 PM

Well It Looks as if Frank and Steve will get there storm !!!! LOL NO, this could be a serious situation in the next 120hrs........> AAHH I like the PACKERS OVER THE SAINTS 24- 21 ..... >>>> Luckily our friends in the panhandle dodged a Diamond bullet, Dont wish that on anybody. Finally sunny and warm here in St Pete my yard is still a swamp though C- YA!!!!!!

--------------------
RIDE 2 LIVE 2 RIDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3338 - Sun Sep 15 2002 03:47 PM

hey everyone im from pensacola an everyone said that hanna was weak storm i dont think so we had winds sustained at about 50 mph an gust to about 70 for about 3 hours in the morning yesterday. It was awesome but left a big mess to clean uo though. haha an now another storm possibly much stronger could be headed into the gulf. i'll be ready an i'll be watching an waiting

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Probably not an East Coast storm...
      #3339 - Sun Sep 15 2002 03:49 PM

Okay, I'm going to do what I don't like to do. Speculate. I feel the NHC track is right on target through 72 hours. After that (here comes the speculation) I believe we will see a northward curve across western Cuba. Now, given the time of year we are in, a high-amplitude trough is bound to grab this storm, sending it northeast eventually. That would equal a Florida West Coast strike. What gets me is the possibility of the storm barely inching northward within 100 miles of the Florida West Coast until the flow back southwest and turns it northeast across the peninsula. Add in the possibility of a category 2 or 3 hurricane and we could get a very ugly late week here. *JUST MY SPECULATION*. Thing could totally change, but if the NHC track continues to verify well through 72 hours, I'll be concerned.

If on Wednesday night or Thursday morning we have a storm moving north over western Cuba with an amplification occuring just north and west of the storm, we are going to have some nerve-wrecking times ahead.

Any long term *speculation* welcome. Please make it at least halfway reasonable.

*OFF TOPIC*: Here are my NFC South picks for week two.
Bucs vs. Ravens: Bucs 24, Ravens 16
Packers vs. Saints: Packers 27, Saints 24 (yes, I see Packers wining by three again.)
Lions vs. Panthers: Panthers 16, Lions 7
Bears vs. Falcons: Bears 24, Falcons 17

We'll see how these do by the end of the day.

Kevin

Mary
Unregistered

Re: Probably not an East Coast storm...
      #3340 - Sun Sep 15 2002 04:12 PM

Well, the little storm seems to have made it through Venezuela. Now contrary to the models and the previous speculations my take on this storm is that it will become a minimal tropical storm and will have every one scratching their heads as to why it is not stronger. I think the wind shear that has plagued all the storms in the upper levels will probably get to this one too. The forward speed on this storm is awfully fast for it to be able to intensify at this time. As to which area of the state it is likely to land on, I think that this one will probably go west and end up some where between Brownsville Texas and Galveston. The one thing I have noticed about weather patterns is that if you get the steering currents from one direction overtime they tend to go the other direction after a major event such as a tropical storm. The weather like all living things inhales and exhales. Sometimes this is the east/west phenomenon and sometimes the west/east/( I know it may all sound like balony right now but hey, in my day baloney was a feast at a nickel a pound!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Probably not an East Coast storm...
      #3341 - Sun Sep 15 2002 04:17 PM

sorry kevin, I live in tampa too. Bucs have no offense. Ravens 27 Buc 13. Scottsvb hurricaneupdatecenter. I wont post anything on the next TS-hurricane that will be till later tonight. Though my forcast on Hanna was right on for a 1 week perdiction on strength at landfall and timing. I was a bust on where landfall was even though the worst weather was in my pocker. Ill take the landfall as the most important part so Im calling hanna a semi bust forcast for me. If it was a hurricane where it really did matter where it landfalled then it would be a total bust. Otherwise only bust i had was the 1 st storm of the season. I cant wait to get more info and things on our carribean which i will forcast late tonight.

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
ten
      #3342 - Sun Sep 15 2002 04:29 PM

recon will be telling us in the next couple of hours if the center is in or to the south of that burst off the venezuela coast.. i'm tempted to believe it is. a'ite.. if the center isnt under the convection we are looking at a weak, westward moving, probably not closed system. if it is under.. the intensification process is now under way. shouldnt go quickly until the storm moves away from the south american coast.. but after it reaches the 72nd meridian or so.. should become a steady intensifier. mary as for shear.. possible, but the upper trough in the w carib is retrograding and not really generating a whole lot.
models: a couple of the globals still bullish on turning it up near eastern cuba, but the consensus has shifted to west of jamaica now. on the other hand GFDL is all the way over across the yucatan now. years past we've watched one major caribbean hurricane after another just keep going west and never turn up and hit us.. so that possibility does resonate.. but i'm going against it this time. think that by friday the storm will be clearing western cuba or the yucatan channel and entering the gulf.. turning northward and slowing down.
intensity.. the big scary question. globals not deepening the storm much, statistical models are. GFDL does its usual major hurricane. think the NHC intensity is slightly conservative after 36hrs. i'm going to call for major hurricane.. something i dont usually do unless a system is well on its way there. partially gut feeling, partially because so many other people have.. that if i'm wrong i'm just another bandwagon wreck victim. but i do see a very mean hurricane out of this. primary concerns southern and western florida (i know, friday to sunday is a long way off).
elsewhere in the tropics.. nothing is closer than probably 48hrs from development. new african wave is in a good environment, but not quite ready. wave at 35w is shorn. some disturbed weather southeast and east of bermuda that isnt very organized. hanna tracking NE towards the atlanta area.. all the weather is south and east of there. looking less tropical today. western gulf still has me suspicious, but nothing there right now.
earlier post about hurricane parties: need a hurricane for that. hanna was just a breeze and many hours of light to moderate rain. will try again with isidore next weekend.
HF 1624z15september
HF 1623z

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
TAMPA DISCUSSION
      #3344 - Sun Sep 15 2002 06:31 PM

WEDNESDAY AND BEYOND...A LOT DEPENDS ON THE EVENTUAL TRACK OF WHAT IS NOW TD 10. I DO NOT WANT TO JUMP ALL OVER A DOOM AND GLOOM FORECAST. AT THE SAME TIME I THINK WE NEED TO RESPECT THE FACT THAT BASED ON NHC AND MODEL FORECASTS WE COULD HAVE A HURRICANE CLOSE
ENOUGH TO US TO EFFECT OUR FORECAST.

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Saints .......
      #3345 - Sun Sep 15 2002 07:07 PM

Saints putting a whipping on the Packers right now.... Unbelievable 28-10

If this trend continues the Saints could possibly win their first two games... based on this event, I am now forecasting that TD10 will develop into a Cat 5 and hit New Orleans... on Saturday... and destroy the Superdome... hehe (sorry Rick)

Just kidding Steve.... hey, but somethings up if the Saints go 2-0... then again maybe old Bret and the Pack have them right where they want em....

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
ten again
      #3346 - Sun Sep 15 2002 07:23 PM

might have it downgraded at five pm. recon hasnt closed off a center as far as i can tell.. even though the system is looking ok at this time. thoughts remain the same for now.
hmm... couple of models resolving lows out of the reorganizing TUTT feature. one just NE of puerto rico, one nearly 1000 east of bermuda. fish spinner country, but interesting. can see an exposed low level swirl with the one near 34/48.
HF 1909z15september

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3347 - Sun Sep 15 2002 07:25 PM

Can anyone recommend atracking software for a palm pilot ?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3348 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:13 PM

saits 2-0 bad news for the superdome and they just got the roof fixed just playing i hope not

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Hold on...TD10 isn't dead.
      #3349 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:29 PM

The newest T-numbers have been issued. A 1.5 from both agencies, and the center is at 12.4 north! The center has relocated. Also, I was watching a loop of it on the weather channel and I would swear I saw some ciruclation closer to the deep convection further north. Why is the convection dying further south? The low has relocated further north, thus, giving that convection no support. Recon needs to look further north.
Anyone else see this?

Kevin

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
      #3350 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:35 PM

Kevin

will those T numbers and the new center be what the NHC uses at the 5pm update? still learning here...
also does recon provide the T numbers? My guess is is so they have and will continue to focus futhur north in regards to recon obs

Edited by troy2 (Sun Sep 15 2002 08:38 PM)

Anonymousnickd
Unregistered

TD#10...no more. it's a wave
      #3351 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:47 PM

according to NHC...it's a wave.

Jeanine
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Hollywood, FL
Re: TD#10...no more. it's a wave
      #3352 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:56 PM

Amazing

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24359

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center