F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

2024's Atlantic name list reuses 2018s, with Milton replacing Michael, and Francine Replacing Florence.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 245 (Idalia) , Major: 245 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 245 (Idalia) Major: 245 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: USA
Re: Hurricane Warning's up for el salvador [Re: Lysis]
      #35780 - Thu May 19 2005 11:12 PM

yep

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cycloneye11
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: San Juan,Puerto Rico
      #35781 - Thu May 19 2005 11:18 PM

Yes Adrian last gas for the next 12 hours as shear is increasing as it gets closer to the coast.Also part of the circulation is already in the high terrain being very affected by those big mountains there.

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Hurricane Warning's up for el salvador [Re: hurricane_run]
      #35782 - Thu May 19 2005 11:19 PM

if the center is in the northern part of the storm it will be making landfall soon.
the reason I think it is in the northern part is looking at these:
vis
pic
ir

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Sebring, FL
      #35783 - Thu May 19 2005 11:32 PM

Obviously concerned for the people being affected, I can't imagine that they are as prepared as we become when a storm is on the way.

Hoping the storm will dissipate soon and definitely not make it's way to the Bahamas. They have been through so much last season.

If the storm were to survive and regroup and follow the projected path into the Atlantic, is it possible it would end up entangled in this Bermuda High and have no way to go except back at us? I of course am not sure of what's prevailing/path of least resistance out there.

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Hurricane Warning's up for el salvador [Re: Heather]
      #35784 - Thu May 19 2005 11:44 PM

Unless by some miracle of God, I don't think we in Florida have to worry about this, buddy.

--------------------
cheers

Edited by Lysis (Thu May 19 2005 11:45 PM)

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #35785 - Thu May 19 2005 11:49 PM

i really wouldn't call it a miracle.

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
      #35786 - Thu May 19 2005 11:51 PM

i think i have to agree with hurricane run on this one...

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: maybes [Re: Clark]
      #35787 - Thu May 19 2005 11:58 PM

the GFDL isn't calling that much of a come back. GFDL But hey its the tropics we'll have to wait and see

Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
Re: maybes [Re: hurricane_run]
      #35788 - Fri May 20 2005 01:19 AM

looking at the GFDL 2005051918 run .....at the end of the run...hints that maybe the extropical low my turn back to the north or even northwest, near or towards bermuda?...... just some long range looks...... still would have to survive the cntrl amer. mountains first, which looks like its not going to....

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

ftlaudbob
Unregistered

Re: maybes [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #35790 - Fri May 20 2005 02:13 AM

Take a look at the last frame of the water vapor image,she seems to pull herself together.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
arlene may have to wait [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #35791 - Fri May 20 2005 04:32 AM

me thinks land may spell doom for adrian, although there is always the chance he survives his trek across the mountains and makes it to the other side....

i just can't forsee conditions being perfect enough for proper regeneration, though i 'spose it can't be completely ruled out...

i just hope he doesn't dump 20+ inches in the mountains on his way across...that could be very very bad for whomever happens to be in the path of the runoff...

guess we'll know more by morning's light...

till then...

ya'll have a g'nite

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

HF gone home
Unregistered

Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: LI Phil]
      #35792 - Fri May 20 2005 05:59 AM

adrian is moving inland now, as per the intermediate advisory. the stats were adjusted to very minimal hurricane strength, so adrian's feet-dry survival chances are slimmer yet. the convection will probably shear off overnight and leave a flaring, exposed LLC. since the NHC has been discussing the idea for days, i reckon they'll continue to track whatever comes off even if it's really pathetic as far as tropical cyclones go. even odds they'll call it t.d. adrian or t.d. 1A. the chances of it ever getting back to t.s. strength aren't too great, but if so, it'll be one of those interesting decision-making processes to see what the NHC does. they probably just want adrian to go away, rather than have to listen to half the folks who think differently than their application of naming conventions bicker about them. i've done that often enough that... well, i feel a little guilty. the discussions issued so far have done much to explain their philosophy and i applaud them for that. makes it easier to ignore that opinionated historical database nazi in me that wants to see congruencies and consistent application of the rules throughout. what can i say, climo is my thing...
unless adrian pulls something else miraculous (aside from being the only hurricane to landfall in el salvador on record).. that's probably our may system right there. in retrospect, am a little surprised that the major media hasn't picked up on this odd little storm. i guess if it isn't threatening new orleans or miami it isn't news. but then, if it doesn't make the news now it will be because it didn't hurt el salvador/honduras too bad. so say a prayer that adrian doesn't get a headline, for the welfare of our neighbors to the south.
HF 0658z20may

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: United States
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: HF gone home]
      #35793 - Fri May 20 2005 09:43 AM

I agree. Adrien has a poor change of survival through the mountains and the upcoming wind shear.

This year is starting off on the strange side. Looks to be an interesting season.

MaryAnn

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: LadyStorm]
      #35794 - Fri May 20 2005 10:13 AM

the mountains are just tearing it apart.

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: hurricane_run]
      #35795 - Fri May 20 2005 10:37 AM

hey peeps! well looks like adrian is a goner. so what's next anything coming off of africa. the carribeans look active but everything is still going east for now. what's up with that low shooting straight southeast and causing tropical storm force winds last nigh in kentucky? so when do we think the first named atlantic storm will be and do u see any thing in june? the waters are pretty warm. ive been checking the bouies some are at 83.

javlin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Biloxi,MS
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: nl]
      #35796 - Fri May 20 2005 11:43 AM

Yep Arlene will have to wait.CMC as late as yesterday morning still prog her to develop now absolutly nothing.NOGAPS basically 1008mb low,UKMET alittle more mybe a TD still can't see that.GFS sees nothing.I think we might have to wait till late June or early July for Arlene.The sub-tropical jet needs to move out with it's shear.

Cycloneye11
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: San Juan,Puerto Rico
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: javlin]
      #35797 - Fri May 20 2005 12:14 PM

Agree with that javlin.Here in Puerto Rico I would like to see the normal trade winds that blow from the east return because in all May those winds haved been absent.Until that jet lifts northward I guess that the trades wont be around.

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: Cycloneye11]
      #35798 - Fri May 20 2005 12:46 PM

Adios Adrien. South west shear will probably inhibit any developement of whats left of the system when it hits the Caribbean. Pray for the people around Puerto La Libertad. Lots of rain and flooding for them today.......Weatherchef

Liz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Re: arlene may have to wait [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #35799 - Fri May 20 2005 01:08 PM

Adrien is completely torn apart. This there a place where we can look at a radar of CA?

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Adrian/Arlene [Re: Katie]
      #35800 - Fri May 20 2005 01:38 PM

It was on the other night, but maybe you can go to their website and get some more information about it.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 324 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 39467

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center