F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: Cindy [Re: nl]
      #38430 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:38 PM

Try these:::

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/model_forecast/global_e.html

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cyclonephase/

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
javlin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Biloxi,MS
Re: East shift????? [Re: Unregistered User]
      #38431 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:38 PM

Watch and see if Dennis goes S of Jamaica.If you use the Lat/Lon lines on the Goes2 it looks almost due W now.Might be a trick on the eyes by the sat.but we all use them like that in here.We will have a good fix this afternoon after recon.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float2-vis-loop.html

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
Re: East shift????? [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #38432 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

All you have to do is go to this site and click on the map,Sure looks like all of Florida to me. http://www.nbc6.net/weather/4687760/detail.html

Here's the 11am 5-day forecast cone per the NHC(the one I stated in my post). It does not include all of Florida.

5 Day Cone

--------------------
Check the Surf

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
      #38433 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:39 PM

So now the models are NOT in agreement,not surprised.I think we are getting to the point were all bets are off.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: East shift????? [Re: AgentB]
      #38434 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:41 PM

Okay, you win...it doesn't have part of the East Coast of Florida in it.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

dumbo
Unregistered

#38435 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:41 PM

the maps you keep showing are not the official maps. The official maps do not include all of FL (Albiet almost all is included)...also, the official NHC map had Pensacola landfall at 5AM and 11Am.

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
      #38436 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:41 PM

I think that we have been at that point for the past two days.
Guys, don't forget that we are still atleast four days out. People comming here for information are going to be seriously confused.

Edited by Lysis (Wed Jul 06 2005 04:43 PM)

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: East shift????? [Re: AgentB]
      #38437 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:41 PM

I saw that,they have not updated there graphics as of yet.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

VandyBrad
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Bryan, TX
Re: Effect on Oil and Gas??? [Re: AgentB]
      #38438 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:43 PM

Thanks for the links. Interesting stuff.

--------------------
Brad Shumbera

VandyBrad
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Bryan, TX
      #38439 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:44 PM

I've found links to the UKMET, GFS, and NOGAPS, but can't seem to find the NAM. Any help?

--------------------
Brad Shumbera

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Effect on Oil and Gas??? [Re: VandyBrad]
      #38440 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:46 PM

Danny can help you with the oil rig information, but he won't be back until later tonight.

Model runs really are vascillating all over the place, while the NHC track is sticking to the east side of most of the guidance. Last night's 00Z FSU MM5 took to storm into Tallahassee, quite a bit of an eastward shift. The 06Z GFDL was in the same area as well. The 12Z Canadian is even further east, taking the storm up the west side of Florida (very fast, I might add), which cannot completely be discounted as the model has done well this year to date. By contrast, the 12Z GFS and UKMET are both presenting a doomsday scenario for New Orleans. The 00Z NOGAPS -- and most of the other models -- are somewhere in between.

What does it all mean? We really don't know where the storm is going to go, but we can likely pin it down away from Texas now. Other than that, anywhere from Louisiana to the Keys is still very much under the gun, and we won't know a lot more until the storm get closer to land and the surveillance aircraft gets out there to give us some extra data for ingestion into the models.

Full update soon...

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

schmee
Unregistered

#38441 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:46 PM

no wishcasting here...
keep Dennis away from New Orleans
we had higher than expected winds with Cindy and we really couldn't handle a monster storm.
of course I don't wish him on anyone --maybe we'll get lucky and he'll die out somehow (this is the true wishcast)

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Effect on Oil and Gas??? [Re: VandyBrad]
      #38442 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:47 PM

The NAM can be found at http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/, but I would not trust it (yet alone use it) for any tropical event, particularly one that is not currently within the model domain. The model only covers North America, leaving much of the Caribbean out. Further, it does not keep a closed surface low -- something that is not going to occur with this storm. The model is slowly being phased out in favor of the WRF and is best used for continental weather only.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
Dennis The Menace [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #38443 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:55 PM

i believe, Dennis soon to be a hurricane will make first landfall on eastern Jamaica as a cat. 2 hurricane then bump up to a cat. 3 where it will make a second landfall in western Cuba. After that it will make it's dash toward the Gulf Coast. A day or so away from landfall, Dennis will turn northward and make its final landfall(third landfall) somewhere between Panama City and Pensacola, FL. Even though some models show a more northward turn toward the south western florida coast, I believe this will be a Panhandle hurricane. After making its final cat 3 landfall it will dash off through Alabama, then north western Georgia, then Tennesse, then Virgina/West Virginia, Pennsylvania/Maryland, New York, and Upper Vermont possibly. It will stay at hurricane force up through Alabama where it will weaken ino a strong TS and then up into the Virginia's it will be a TD. This is a pretty long range forecast but basically, anywhere from Panama City to Mobile. I'd Be hitting up Home Depot about now. And also, east coaster's, wath fopr some localized flooding. Well what do people think about this?

Thanks, Ryan.

Votes accepted from (Sun Apr 28 2024 06:40 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Thanks, Clark [Re: Clark]
      #38444 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:56 PM

Thanks for the great post, Clark. I think it clears up some of the confusion. I think once Recon gets out there we will have a much better idea and the models may start to be more reliable with some real information being fed into them.

I really don't want to keep squabbling over a tiny veer to the right; what part of Florida is/is not in cone, etc. We have enough time to worry about in the very near future. But I also understand the frustration of NOT KNOWING exactly what it's gonna do. We want answers, and we want them NOW!

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Steve hirschb.
Unregistered

#38445 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:56 PM

Now that I said the models shifted west, I look at the most updated visible loops and it seems Dennis is into his northward jog again. Its hrd to determine the exact center, but you have to look beneath some of the dense overcast. Looks like a 300 degree heading again. Cheers (Steve H.)

rmbjoe1954
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA
Wait and See [Re: Steve hirschb.]
      #38446 - Wed Jul 06 2005 04:59 PM

Jogs are commonplace in large systems; do you see the beginning of an 'eye'?

--------------------
________2023 Forecast: 20/10/5________

There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends. ~Arnot Sheppard

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: East shift????? [Re: Steve hirschb.]
      #38447 - Wed Jul 06 2005 05:02 PM

Lysis, as you said the media likes to jump on things like this (being storms) but, last night with exception of TWC and local 11 p.m. news casts, I couldn't find any live coverage of Cindy. I guess it isn't "big" enough news for them or what? I mean, had it been a CAT III or more, you know that idiots from every station in the US would be at the place of landfall waiting for a tree to come flying through the air, only to knock them out for that video coverage of how strong the winds are. What's the deal? IMHO, I think every storm regardless of Catagory deserves recognition. People need to be aware that even a TS can pack a punch.

jth
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Wait and See [Re: rmbjoe1954]
      #38448 - Wed Jul 06 2005 05:03 PM

I was just about to say that what Steve may be seeing is not necessarily a northward jog, but may be the sats playing tricks as the eye appears to be forming.

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
Mother Nature [Re: Colleen A.]
      #38449 - Wed Jul 06 2005 05:06 PM

Amen...the best models, forecasters, etc...can do their best to try to pin it...some come pretty dang close...bottom line though is Mother Nature will do her own thing..

Best thing to do is be prepared & not panic...imagine the days before radar & mets...minding your own business & thinking "oh some rains coming"...then WHAM.

Time to go play in the pool for a bit & enjoy the sunshine.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 55017

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center