F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: doug]
      #38347 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:26 PM

question why is the pressure rising on those bouys in pr by Dennis?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: rmbjoe1954]
      #38348 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:26 PM

This a.m. on his video JB is still calling for a LA/MS hit.

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: parrish,fl
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: twizted sizter]
      #38349 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:29 PM

He is pretty bullish on that and that this storm will be so powerful as to create its own over ridding effects on the environment, which some of these things do...that is usually cat IV or higher though.

--------------------
doug

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
      #38350 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:34 PM

Yeah, if anyone sees that the pressure weakens in the next day or two...I'd like to be the first to know. Good grief. I woke up to see all of the models showing a hit for the MS/AL coast again only to here that there is that "chance" of the high pressure weakening. And because that cone reaches over us ... I don't like to hear those words.

Is there a chance that by Friday we will know better what is going on with Dennis?

Lake Toho - Kissimmee
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kissimmee, Florida on Lake Toh...
      #38351 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:36 PM

I watch JB and while he maybe right, he always seems to depend on the European Forecast Model too much. While anyone could be correct at this point, I am not convinced his track record or his over inflated ego are impressive. I watch Joe simply for entetainment value, and basically that is what he is.. an entertainer. Stick with the NHC Forecasts. Like I said he could be right and there are many models that agree with him, but once a storm moves into the Gulf of Mexico, the forecast paths usually get a little mirky.. A lot can happen, weak steering etc.

--------------------
Dream like you will live forever.. Live like there is no tommorow.. Darwin Rules !!

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Katie]
      #38352 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:36 PM

yeah i think they are jumping the gun too fast, didnt they learn from charlie last year its very misleading. that ridge will probally weaken. my question is what is cindy gonna do next if she gets out in the atl. and dont forget the africa coast and can sneak up on us like a black mamba.

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #38353 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:40 PM

The strength of this seems to get bumped up each time..Cat IV or higher wouldn't won't to think it but seems possible...plenty of feul in it's path.

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Katie]
      #38354 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:40 PM

Sure, by Friday, we'll know a bit more because Dennis will be near Western Cuba and of course we'll all know a lot more by then. As each hour goes by the dynamics change.
This is why I stay up with each forecast and do my own research as well.

My gut feeling is that the High Pressure ridge will back off just enough to allow Dennis to come up the Eastern Gulf possibly very close to the Florida West Coast.
That's not based on any more than past history and what I see happening here.

Its sure fun to track but after 2004, I'm gun shy for sure.

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
African coast [Re: nl]
      #38355 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:42 PM

The FSU model runs have been consistent with holding on to 2-3 areas coming off after Dennis...one crisis at a time please!

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #38356 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:44 PM

I totally agree with your post. At this time the only important thing to do is to make sure you have your hurricane kits ready and your plans in place. It may be Friday or even Saturday before anyone knows where Dennis could possibly end up......

--------------------
Stay Aware...Stay Alert....Stay Alive.....

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #38357 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Yesterday, have not checked today, the Canadian Models had that high backing off about 5-10 degrees

When you say backing off 5-10 degrees...to the east or the west?

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #38358 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:46 PM

At 72 hours, according to CMC Environment Canada, the FORECAST is showing the edge of the High no further west than the eastern tip of the Dom Rep, at which point the storm will be just SE of the Dry Tortugas. This is only as I see it, no pro here.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #38359 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:47 PM

Actually I form my own opinions...being only a layperson I have to rely on others in the know...take a little from here & little from there.

I do view him as mostly entertainment...especially his views on Big Brother...but he does make some valid points at times.

Being in Fl well hurricane season is just a fact of life for living in paradise...last year woke alot of us up...even this life-long native...who woulda' thunk so much destruction so far insland & 5 storms...6 if you count Ivan II.

Prepare for the worst & hope for the best...tomorrow is a new day & the picture will become much clearer.

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Wxwatcher2]
      #38360 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Sure, by Friday, we'll know a bit more because Dennis will be near Western Cuba and of course we'll all know a lot more by then. As each hour goes by the dynamics change.
This is why I stay up with each forecast and do my own research as well.

My gut feeling is that the High Pressure ridge will back off just enough to allow Dennis to come up the Eastern Gulf possibly very close to the Florida West Coast.
That's not based on any more than past history and what I see happening here.

Its sure fun to track but after 2004, I'm gun shy for sure.

I am not sure if I like seeing your post....I have been getting the same bad "gut" feeling since yesterday afternoon. IF that high backs out some...Dennis could ride up along the west coast...and like with Charlie last year I saw a couple of models showing that happening when I chacked them yesterday afternoon...this is not going to be a good year...

--------------------
Stay Aware...Stay Alert....Stay Alive.....

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #38361 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:50 PM

Okay...than I guess the question is: how far WEST does it need to be to keep Florida out of the woods!

I'm not sure if the CMC's "forecast" is good or bad news for Florida. DOH.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

MadDog
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: DeBary, Florida
      #38362 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:51 PM

My father (weather geek) always told me to watch what NASA does, especially with a shuttle out. That was a few years back, does anyone know how well NASA has been on the forecasting end lately, or do they watch this website for info?

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Cindy [Re: MadDog]
      #38363 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:52 PM

Max winds in Biloxi area as far as I know was around 48 mph... I think Grand Isle and NO probably got higher gusts... I expected a lot worse but you get what you get... not disappointed at all I might add... Dennis will be an entirely different story... hwy 90 flooded in low lying areas and a few power lines out but not much else reported thus far... I still have power but only because I now have a generator...hehe... I'm sure I would have lost power if I didn't have one.. I can't tell you where Dennis is going but I would pay real close to what the NHC is forecasting and make my decisions accordingly... good luck to all in the path of this one... but hey, I'm boarded up and ready for whatever comes... I just might leave my windows boared up till December...

Edited by Frank P (Wed Jul 06 2005 01:54 PM)

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Cindy [Re: Frank P]
      #38364 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:54 PM

well im glad to see you are safe and didnt have any damage...stay safe:)....

altho on another hand im saddened to think about the ones who got caught in this thinking it was just a "tropical storm"...according to Bastardi he said that they evacuated everyone for Ivan but not this one nad in his eyes it was worse than that...so my thoughts and prayers are with those who werent able to escape it

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Edited by FlaMommy (Wed Jul 06 2005 01:57 PM)

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Cindy [Re: Frank P]
      #38365 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:55 PM

does anyone have a site too see where the ridge is now?

Dreadlockz
Unregistered

Re: The High Pressure Ridge [Re: MadDog]
      #38366 - Wed Jul 06 2005 01:57 PM

Quote:

My father (weather geek) always told me to watch what NASA does, especially with a shuttle out. That was a few years back, does anyone know how well NASA has been on the forecasting end lately, or do they watch this website for info?

I just heard on a local Orlando area radio station that the Shuttle is still on the pad and there could be a possibility it could be moved but not just yet. They're looking at sometime tommorrow to see what happens with the patterns. You're right though, if the shuttle moves.. you better move with it as well.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 361 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 55017

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center