F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
lynn

Reged:
worried english couplel!
      #40554 - Sat Jul 09 2005 10:28 AM

Hi all, we are coming to florida in 3 weeks, do you think it will all have calmed down by then? We never been to florida and dont know what to expect, any tips? Thanks all
lynn and jay

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lagetawaay

Reged:
Re: worried english couplel! [Re: lynn]
      #40559 - Sat Jul 09 2005 10:35 AM

yea it has been a unusal actice season so early come on over you never know what it is going to happen in the future

lagetawaay

Reged:
Re: worried english couplel! [Re: lagetawaay]
      #40561 - Sat Jul 09 2005 10:48 AM

so come on over and enjoy fla odds are you should be allright

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: worried english couplel! [Re: lagetawaay]
      #40602 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:39 PM

There is an impressive wave organizing off of Africa, and we are still in the time where we have a lot of home grown trouble, but there is really no way to forecast such a thing this far out in advance. What part of Florida are you coming to, and how long are you staying, if I may ask?

--------------------
cheers

Edited by Lysis (Sat Jul 09 2005 12:40 PM)

lynn

Reged:
Re: worried english couplel! [Re: Lysis]
      #40607 - Sat Jul 09 2005 12:48 PM

Yea, we thorght that it would be impossible to predict that far. We are coming to orlando and staying near disney. My two teenagers are coming so we are not visiting disney but going to universal. I really fancy seeing the wild side of florida too, looks like i'll be seeing the wild side alrite! but i didnt have a hurricane in mind!

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
      #40617 - Sat Jul 09 2005 01:10 PM

Wild side, eh? I think you will be fine. While Florida is the most hurricane prone state in the country, any hurricane that hits either coast will be somewhat weakened by the time it gets to Orlando. While it certainly is possible, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think hurricanes hitting the immediate coast that far north (around Daytona) are somewhat rare. On the other hand, backdoor hurricanes affect the city as well. Charley maintained hurricane status all the way through the state, and Orlando suffered light damage (my uncle lives there).
I think hurricanes will be the least of your worries. Just a ”fun” fact, but Central Florida is the most lightning prone place in North America (some place in Africa stole the #1 world slot from us). If you want to use our beaches, I have generally noticed that the waves are much bigger on the east coast. Just watch out for sharks. Florida has been dubbed the “shark bite capital of the world”. I don’t know if you have heard about the tragic fatality last week, but a girl was killed by a bull shark. Also, you will have to deal with the Florida humidity. I recently went to Texas where the heat indices were up to 110 degrees. However, the moment I got off the plane back home I felt the wave rush over me. 90F here just plain sucks.

Lol… I suppose that would make a horrible television add showcasing our great state. In all honesty, this is my favorite place in the world, and I am sure that you will have a great time with Mickey.

--------------------
cheers

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: worried english couplel! [Re: Lysis]
      #40631 - Sat Jul 09 2005 01:32 PM

Lysis, you could`nt have said it better. I also love this state and its weather. I wouldn`t trade it for nothing.......Got your cameras ready, its going to be a long summer. If you want to do some filmimg over here on the East coast this season let me know, I have plenty of room and two blocks from the ocean. Hopefully nothing will come my way.....Weatherchef

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
      #40644 - Sat Jul 09 2005 01:49 PM

To Lynn and others ref coming to Florida.
Things to keep in mind. Hurricanes and tropical weather systems as bad as they are, do not affect the entire state of Florida.
For instance, today, as Dennis moves toward the NW it will pass a couple of hundred miles West of Central Florida. I-95 will be fine. We always experience rain and thunderstorms during the summer months so you can expect that but the affects from the hurricane in Central and East Florida will be negligable.
Hurricanes can change direction and that is why we keep a wary eye on them but all indications seem to point to a Mobile/Pensacola landfall and the weather in Central Florida should be ok.
Restaurants and all services should be normal.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4731

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center