F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Is It just me [Re: laxpimpj]
      #42180 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:20 PM

Hopefully no one believes everything they read on internet. Also the stuff is supposed to be biodegradeable unlike the hypodermic needles and beer cans one finds on the beaches now days.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BullitNutz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Re: Is It just me [Re: laxpimpj]
      #42181 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:20 PM

Because he's been able to push it as being biodegradable.

Chances are, it sinks (sucking up water + foam density = sinkage) and since nobody can find it, IT BIODEGRADED SO FAST! WE ARE ALL SAVED!! but in reality, it's killing flounder and stuff.

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: Move it to the left.. move it to the right.. down .. south.. up north [Re: Lake Toho - Kissimmee]
      #42182 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:21 PM

Lake Toho - That is very true about the growth being a factor. St. Lucie County was the fastest growing county in the US so,...when you think about it - more homes going up, bigger population and even more expensive homes going up - yeah the devistation is going to be higher. The cost to rebuild is going to be higher. I think you nailed that point exactly.

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: Is It just me [Re: Ryan]
      #42183 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:22 PM

Ryan - where on Hutchinson Island is your condo? We have two at the Atlantis I building. Fifth and Sixth Floor. No damage to either but the first floor looked like a sand dune after Jeanne and Frances.

Rubber Ducky
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Cocoa Beach, FL
Re: Move it to the left.. move it to the right.. down .. south.. up north [Re: damejune2]
      #42184 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:33 PM

I have a Davis Vantage Pro for two years now and find it to be superb. Is second Davis system I've had. First was wired and a bit messy to install etc. Vantage Pro is wireless, works perfectly. Only prob I had w/ it was in Frances last year, when the mast I had it on separated from the side of my house. The machine (sensors, solar pane, anemometer, & rain bucket) crashed to the ground. Broke the rain bucket, which was quickly replaced, but all else continued to work wonderfully (solid state really is) and I was able to track Jeanne after remounting the mast to my boat shed.

Great support from Davis, very helpful on phone, good parts support, etc. Solar panel & wireless work flawlessly. I heartily recommend both this model and Davis in general.

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: Move it to the left.. move it to the right.. down .. south.. up north [Re: Old Sailor]
      #42185 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:37 PM

Claudette is what I meant, not sure what the heck I was thinking w/ Albert. Thanks !!!

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

BullitNutz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Re: Move it to the left.. move it to the right.. down .. south.. up north [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42186 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:38 PM

Albert, Claudette, ehhhh, same thing...

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Israel
Latest Infrared [Re: BullitNutz]
      #42187 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:44 PM

On the latest infared, their is a blowup of deep convection on the left side of the storm. Is this the classic 8 look of the infared when a tropical storm is developing with the high cloud tops on either side of the center?

Edit: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

--------------------
Andrew 1992, Irene 1999, Katrina 2005, Wilma 2005

Edited by CaneTrackerInSoFl (Mon Jul 11 2005 08:45 PM)

HumanCookie
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Re: Tropical Depression Five Forms In Central Atlantic [Re: AgentB]
      #42188 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As far as TD#5/Emily's track is concerned, I'm not going outside the projected cone for right now. It does appear that it may make a trek across Haiti...which might just rip it to shreds, but other than that, I'm not forecasting any landfall points in the United States.

Reading that sparked my memory of last year. I remember thinking the same thing about one of the eventually named storms. Looking at the '04 tracks I think it might have been Frances. The location is pretty similar, though the weather patterns aren't setup exactly the same.

It was Hurricane Jeanne who had a fight with Haiti. Wobbled Northward who everyone thought is kaput but later regained her composure made a loop-de-loop and landfalled where Frances landfalled.

Edited by HumanCookie (Mon Jul 11 2005 08:52 PM)

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Latest Infrared [Re: CaneTrackerInSoFl]
      #42189 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:48 PM

5 PM AST MON JUL 11 2005 .POORLY ORGANIZED DEPRESSION CONTINUES WESTWARD. "GOOD LUCK FINDING A CENTER IN THE DEPRESSION THIS AFTERNOON. WHILE THERE IS CLEARLY A BROAD-SCALE CIRCULATION...THE DEPRESSION REMAINS
VERY POORLY ORGANIZED. THERE CONTINUES TO BE A FOCUS OF LOW-LEVEL TURNING TO THE NORTHEAST OF MY ESTIMATED POSITION...AS EVIDENCED BY
A MICROWAVE PASS AT 1737Z...BUT FOR THIS PACKAGE I WILL TRY TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE AND FOLLOW THE GEOMETRIC CENTER OF THE OVERALL DISTURBANCE. Dvorak INTENSITY ESTIMATES ARE 30 KT FROM TAFB...AND 35 KT FROM SAB AND AFWA. GIVEN THE CYCLONE'S DISHEVELED APPEARANCE...THE INITIAL INTENSITY WILL REMAIN 30 KT. " "THE DEPRESSION REMAINS SURROUNDED BY DRY AIR AND IS SOUTH OF AN
UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH. HOWEVER...OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS THE CYCLONE WILL BE MOVING INTO A MORE FAVORABLE UPPER-LEVEL ENVIRONMENT AND SLOW STEADY STRENGHENING IS ANTICIPATED...ROUGHLY
IN ACCORD WITH THE SHIPS MODEL GUIDANCE. THE GFDL CONTINUES TO MAKE THE CYCLONE A MAJOR HURRICANE IN THE CARIBBEAN"

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Edited by Tazmanian93 (Mon Jul 11 2005 08:50 PM)

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged:
TD #5 [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42190 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:52 PM

Models are a mixed bag as well..interesting to see how things pan out in the next few days..was nice to see the sun out today.

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: TD #5 [Re: twizted sizter]
      #42192 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:58 PM

Actually, with the exception of LBAR they are not that far off
http://weather.net-waves.com/model.php

--------------------

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
      #42193 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:02 PM

The convective blowup on the NE side of the midlevel circulation is closer to the surface center, a good sign for development, but it's still going to take a while before anything really gets going with TD 5.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Israel
Re: Latest Infrared [Re: Clark]
      #42195 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

The convective blowup on the NE side of the midlevel circulation is closer to the surface center, a good sign for development, but it's still going to take a while before anything really gets going with TD 5.

Thank you Clark for clarifying that for me.

--------------------
Andrew 1992, Irene 1999, Katrina 2005, Wilma 2005

WeatherNLU
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc: New Orleans, LA
      #42196 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:09 PM

I don't know, I've seen worse TD's than TD5. Looks decent to me. The wave at 35W doesn't look to shabby either.

--------------------
I survived Hurricane Katrina, but nothing I owned did!

drcrazibob
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Daytona Beach, Fl
Re: Latest Infrared [Re: WeatherNLU]
      #42197 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:14 PM

I think TD 5 (Emily) is tired of Hurricane season too... She just doesn't want to do much right now, which is cool with all of us, right?

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: TD #5 [Re: twizted sizter]
      #42199 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:16 PM

The track of TD #5/Emily will be of extreme interest in the next few days. I wouldn't mind at all if it simply recurved and is just a fish spinner. If it does follow the model guidance and is in the vicinity of Hispaniola in five days, then things could get a bit dicey for Florida and the Gulf once again.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

craigm
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Palm City, Florida
Re: TD #5 [Re: MichaelA]
      #42200 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:28 PM

I think it is great how improved the NHC track has become over the last five years, especially negating the winshield washer effect of the university models. Do they process their own data or do they interpolate the other models?

--------------------
Why I'm here:
Weather hobbyist

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: TD #5 [Re: craigm]
      #42202 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:35 PM

my FSUmm5 isnt working.

Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Polk City, FL
Re: TD #5 [Re: nl]
      #42203 - Mon Jul 11 2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

my FSUmm5 isnt working.

here's a nonanimated version.
http://moe.met.fsu.edu/mm5/FIVE.track.png

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 65402

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center