F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
Hootowl
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: New Port Richey, Fl
Hello and Thank You
      #45424 - Tue Jul 26 2005 12:37 PM

You all deserve an award. I found your site a couple of weeks ago ad registered last weekend. I took some time this morning to read posts from last years canes. I sure do wish I had known about your site then!!! I will be watching your site a lot now. You really provide a great deal of useful info. I ferreted out a lot of info for myself last year and learned a great deal. Hope I can be of help or at least provide info from my area to you in the future.

Dotty
New Port Richey

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: Hello and Thank You [Re: Hootowl]
      #45539 - Wed Jul 27 2005 02:38 AM

Welcome

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

sooby

Reged:
Loc: Yorkshire England
Re: Hello and Thank You [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #45611 - Wed Jul 27 2005 07:30 PM

Welcome Hootowl
Im quite new myself here, and i've found the people here are friendly and helpful. We dont get too many hurricanes in the U.K. but i still like to keep an eye on the weather in Florida especially, as i holiday there quite a bit ! Anyway, nice to meet you.

--------------------
Sooby

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
Re: Hello and Thank You [Re: sooby]
      #45657 - Thu Jul 28 2005 02:21 AM

im new too, i love this place im on here at least 3 times a day..i mean LI does get hit, but even if its a florida or GOM or carolina's i still try to help out and research because i think its interesting but also becuase i wanna no what to do if on comes up here you know?

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Saint Marys Georgia
      #45696 - Thu Jul 28 2005 03:49 AM

Hi and welcome. I have only been coming here since the hurricanes last year. I found this site by chance and I am so glad I did. I have learned alot and really enjoy reading the posts. Great site and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

TAZMAN
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Clermont, Fl
Re: Hello and Thank You [Re: DebbiePSL]
      #45713 - Thu Jul 28 2005 10:59 AM

I agree with all of you !!! I have been a background lurker for almost a year now. I was new to Fl when the storms started last year, and this was by far the most helpful (addicting) site I found... even as Charley was overhead, I was online seeing what you all were saying.

All I can say is Thanks to all that put soooo much of their time into this site !

Liz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
      #45725 - Thu Jul 28 2005 12:58 PM

Welcome! I have to also agree with what everyone else has said. I found this site last year right before Charlie and have been a lurker, but finally registered. I have learned so much about storms. This is a very helpful site and most of the people are very nice and will answer newbie questions.

Hats off to all that make this a wonderful and informative site.

Liz

sooby

Reged:
Loc: Yorkshire England
Re: Hello and Thank You [Re: Liz]
      #46105 - Sat Jul 30 2005 12:47 PM Attachment (209 downloads)

Well, that will teach me! As soon as i said "we dont get too many hurricanes in the U.K." What happens? We get a tornado!! You may have seen it on the news or in the papers, about 115 miles or so south of here in Birmingham they had a tornado with 135mph winds...did a fair amount of damage as you can see from the picture. Also, i didnt know that the U.K. has more freaky weather per square mile than anywhere else in the world!! Unbelievable!

--------------------
Sooby

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Hello and Thank You [Re: sooby]
      #46106 - Sat Jul 30 2005 01:10 PM

well i wasnt so lucky to find this site last year although i was too worried about the hurricanes to look for it...i found it this year and im glad i did...ive learned alot about hurricanes and how they form and everything...THANKS TO YOU ALL...AND KEEP US UPDATED;)

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Edited by FlaMommy (Sat Jul 30 2005 01:11 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4792

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center