F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

2024's Atlantic name list reuses 2018s, with Milton replacing Michael, and Francine Replacing Florence.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 247 (Idalia) , Major: 247 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 247 (Idalia) Major: 247 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
meto
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Tropical Bloom. Isidore, Kyle, TD#13
      #4688 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:44 AM

mike anderson says ridge over fla. is weakining tonight, i said this the other day.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
moving west
      #4689 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:46 AM

latest IR had it going due west... I have it at approximately 22.31N and 86.87W

during the past 90 minutes Izzy has gone due west .27 degrees... quite evident on the GOES IR...

there has been NO northerly component in its track in the past 90 minutes

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
Re: My SWAG.... on center locations
      #4690 - Sun Sep 22 2002 01:48 AM

It looks like the eye wall is getting it's act back together, appearing much more defined in the last couple of frames, with a slight lean to wnw. He's in no hurry.

On another note, BAMD,BAMM,A98E and LBAR seem to be trying to set up Kyle and Lile on a blind date in the near future, bringing them close enough to each other to prob. interact in some way. Gee, I don't think that sounded quite right, but you know what I mean.

That didn't sound right either. I'll give up on that line for awhile.

Joe in JAX

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Cancun Radar
      #4691 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:02 AM

I put together a 3 frame animation from the frames I have from the cancun radar.

I'll add more as I get them (one about every 15 minutes or so)

Cancun Loop made by MikeC

BillD
User

Reged:
Loc: Miami
      #4692 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:06 AM

Frank there isn't one that I know of. I was capturing the still images and comparing them side by side. I've figured out how to animate them, but it doesn't look like there's any way to post a graphic on the board.

Bill

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
      #4693 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:12 AM

Bill email me it and I'll post it mike@flhurricane.com

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4694 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:12 AM

thanks anyway Bill

Looks like Mike's got a link to a loop he pulled together... after reviewing Mike's loop I still say the system is drifting off to the west or just north of west..

thanks Mike for the link

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4695 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:15 AM

mike said on his report that the high to the north was going away that had blocking north move as we done his report and izzy was going to move north tonight the weater channel mr stuw said h moving in will block it from gulf coast so is there a open slot to move north like mike said look at his update please respond looks like izzy moving west again

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4696 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:42 AM

look at w/v loop another pulse coming could this do anything

Londovir
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
      #4697 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:45 AM

Mike:

I took (borrowed, stole, whichever ) your radar loop, trimmed the frames will they are lined up over each other, added in the most recent 2 images, and posted it to my home website. This makes it easier to see that the storm is shooting almost straight west right now.

Cancun Radar Loop
(I notice when I tried to click to this link to test it in preview, it throws a 403 Forbidden error, but if you hit refresh, it loads fine. Bizarre anti-referral link at Roadrunner? Dunno, sorry....)

Dunno how much I'll be updating this, or how frequently, but figured I'd toss it on the list to help everyone out.

Jay

--------------------
Londovir

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4698 - Sun Sep 22 2002 02:51 AM

I have Issy at 22.25 N and 87.0 W... that's basically due west from the past hour or so... I estimate it has gone only approximately 30 miles in the past 4.5 hours ...

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
      #4699 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:00 AM

Thanks for the fix. Looks like the cancun radar was overloaded, it's not updating anymore. So I'm going to bed. Thanks all!

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
      #4700 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:01 AM

NHC puts it at 22.2N,86.7W

Your getting pretty good at this!

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4701 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:02 AM

Per the 11:00 discussion from the NHC

<<IF THE HURRICANE MOVES TOO FAR SOUTH INTO THE BAY OF CAMPECHE...I DOUBT IT WILL EVER MOVE NORTHWARD. IT IS NECESSARY TO HAVE VERY STRONG STEERING FLOW FROM THE SOUTH TO PULL HURRICANES OUT OF THAT AREA. >>

Hopefully this will be the scenario... last IR loop actually showed a wobble to the wsw... lets get it to the BOC and keep it there... bad for Mexico, good for the Gulf Coast..

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #4702 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:08 AM

Thanks Joe, but I think its a little farther west than what they are posting but they are the experts.. unless the GOES lat and long system is off, but I alway validate it with my own location in Biloxi, so if thats right it should be right everywhere else..

I guess it will continue to slowly drift west with maybe a wobble to the south and then north every now and then...

I think even the NHC is questioning whether or not this thing will ever get pulled north... I certainly am...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4703 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:12 AM

cnn had the guy from hurr center on they think west till tuesday then n/w turn maybe thret to east of miss dont seem to br one now grwet news looks more like north mex

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Ominous post from Bastardi tonight...
      #4704 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:12 AM

Kind of ecohes what I said on Page 1 or 2 about the European. When in doubt, he almost always goes with the European in tropical matters. I don't know. Some of the low lying areas and bayous could be in for some serious trouble. People look at a map of the US and think they see Louisiana. But it looks nothing like it used to. We lose 3 football fields every day. If I can find a link to a map of what the state really looks like, I'll post it. You don't really notice it until you're flying overhead, but little by little, we're sinking away. There's a fairly good chance that the southern levee protection on the West Bank will be prime beachfront property in another 60 years.

>>After looking things over, I dont have any changes. Option 2 is re-enforced by the European tonight, and that is a major hurricane hit then a rapid northeast moving storm with heavy rains. Pressures with the storm on Saturday are still near 20.00 over Pennsylvania, after the landfall late Thursday in southeast Louisiana. Basically no changes. The UKMET holds on to its west path, but now has a landfall much closer to Brownsville. I continue to favor what was option 2, back on Thursday, which is basically what the European has.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
knots to mph conversion
      #4705 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:12 AM

http://www.disastercenter.com/convert.htm

a cool conversion chart

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
too tired to think ... So Steve
      #4706 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:19 AM

Tha's your prediction? that this thing is going to end up in SE LA coast... Morgan City?

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Re: Ominous post from Bastardi tonight...
      #4707 - Sun Sep 22 2002 03:23 AM

http://www.lwrri.lsu.edu/cia/html/sefall.html

That's the link to what the state actually looks like now. Below are just some links of lost land since 1950. It's pretty sad because as a state, I don't think there is another one with the unique culture that we have. We used to be the only state gaining land, but now we're losing it faster than anywhere else on the planet.

http://www.lacoast.gov/maps/LandLoss/pontchartrain.htm

http://www.lacoast.gov/maps/LandLoss/Breton.htm

http://www.lacoast.gov/maps/LandLoss/mississippi.htm

http://www.lacoast.gov/maps/LandLoss/Terrebonne.htm

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: **
Topic views: 34539

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center