F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Hey meato...
      #5299 - Wed Sep 25 2002 12:25 PM

AT 7 AM CDT...1200Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM ISIDORE WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 25.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 90.0 WEST OR ABOUT 305
MILES SOUTH OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA.

?????

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey meto
      #5300 - Wed Sep 25 2002 12:33 PM

If it's not near 90, where is it then. I guess the NOAA recon has no idea what they are talking about. You haven't been close with anything you've posted. Run along and play little boy.

RickinMobile
Unregistered

center of circulation
      #5301 - Wed Sep 25 2002 12:43 PM

they show the center at 90...and yeah, maybe...but somehow I think it is close to the edge of the east side bands...

here's a thought....not much movement today....and the thing get's it act together....whatchyall think?

wonder why Neil Frank thought it'd be a 3...
gotta go to work..later

Rick
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Models sucking...
      #5302 - Wed Sep 25 2002 12:44 PM

"Okay, so yeah - they suck. But do they all, all the time? No way. European (ECMWF) has been predicting landfall in SE/SC LA for a week. NOGAPS has been on it since Friday at 12Z. Timing was off, but they caught the landfall assuming it does hit LA."

So... what would be the best way to rate the models as to efficiency? Landfall position,intensity, and timing? Distance from plotted course... deviation from forecast strength? Any thoughts?

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Center shows up nice on vis
      #5303 - Wed Sep 25 2002 01:32 PM

Quite evident where the center of this thing is .... 25.77N and 90.06W

and yes it has cross 90W degrees in my opinion....

I predicted New Orleans three days ago when Izzy was drifting south on the YP, also said it would go north when is was basically stationary onland. Initally stated it would hit Pensacola last Thursday prior to the big diversion off to the west last weekend... Miss on intensity as I really though he had a chance to get to a Cat 2, probably lost any chance of that with the increased forward speed at 13.... win some lose some... had to eat a little crow with the first prediction but the second one looking pretty solid right now... and we on the MS coast should get some winds in the 40-50 mph range with tides approaching 4 feet above normal... no big deal... just worry about tornadoes some.... and rain for the flood prone areas of the coast....

did notice some convection developing just east of the center, not much still something to watch as Izzy roars towards SE LA

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
I don't know Rick...
      #5304 - Wed Sep 25 2002 01:38 PM

Tools (in more ways than one). But check this out. I came to work at the Bank this morning and there's a freaking roof leak in my office with powdered tiles all over my equipment! BAH!

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
Re: Center shows up nice on vis
      #5305 - Wed Sep 25 2002 01:48 PM

90.06W? What? Not going past 90W was the only thing I had gotten right! Now your going to say he's at 90.06? Man.... this is not fair....

Rick
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: I don't know Rick...
      #5306 - Wed Sep 25 2002 01:48 PM

It's a diversion! Quick! Check the vault!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I don't know Rick...
      #5307 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:06 PM

Ha HA ,
sounds like a very secure bank.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually it is..
      #5308 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:29 PM

On the first Goes 8 visible of the day, I zoomed in and got the center at 25.95 and 90.23.

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

As to the Bank...
      #5309 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:31 PM

My office is at the interesection of 2 buildings, so there must be a crack.

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Actually it is..
      #5310 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:46 PM

Also finally looks to be wrapping a little convection nearer to the center. Convection is getting much closer on the NW, N, NE, and E side. Just a little while longer, and Izzy will strengthen though not to the level I once thought, will still be a hurricane at landfall. 80-90mph.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Lili and Isidore and the Future
      #5311 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:48 PM

Can someone explain to me what a baroclinic system is exactly and explain why Isidore is not being listed as one.

Thank YOU

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Does look a little better
      #5312 - Wed Sep 25 2002 02:56 PM

Izzy right now is looking about as good as it has since leaving the YP... Still on track to go inland in SE LA west of NO and then just west of Lake Pontchartrain.... still lacking a CDO... and struggling to get one... but...

I still think it has a shot at getting to min Cat 1 prior to landfall... should get to 65 mph winds at 27N and then reach min hurricane status at around 28N... best guess....

Anonymous
Unregistered

NNW or just West of Due North confirmed by 11am discussion...
      #5313 - Wed Sep 25 2002 03:05 PM

90.2 is the official position, and 355 is the official track. That puts the city with a better chance to be on the eastern side of the storm and hence, more rainfall. It's pouring right now, but we still don't have tropical storm conditions - just gusting in the low 20's. It also means that MS and AL should have the bulk of the feed and run the highest damage for localized flooding.

Steve

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
three tropical storms
      #5314 - Wed Sep 25 2002 03:09 PM

izzy moving north, not changing. remains the possiblity of a threat.. but set to be a rainmaker/day off from school or work. maybe will hit near houma.. be nice to get something right. lili slowed down but sheared and disorganized.. maybe open. hurricane graveyard, go figure. if it doesnt find some way to die, could become a lingering threat for early next week. kyle wandering around, perhaps for a while, perhaps to die as globals suggest, in a few days.
another year of bountiful but underachieving tropical cyclones, so far. the 3 season no u.s. hurricane streak only has 3 more weeks to go. come october 15-16, three years after irene crossed south florida.. it's made.
HF 1510z25september

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
Re: Lili and Isidore and the Future
      #5315 - Wed Sep 25 2002 03:10 PM

Just a quick look at what's happening.

Izzy looks more sup-tropical then anything else. Looks like he'll stay a little wind, some waves, but the 'tail' he's dragging along to SE,E,NE will end up the story as far as the US goes.
Up to landfall, and a day or so afterwards, from MS east should get a pretty steady diet of rain,rain,rain. We set a record here in JAX with 4.5 in. yesterday, much drier today up to this point. I think we still got one more good soaking to come before he goes to hurricane heaven.

Lili, IMHO, remains to large to write off as a wave. If that's a trop. wave, it's a big one. The models, for what their worth, really slow her down in a day or so. Even if the NHC drops her as a TS, you might want to keep an eye on her coming back, poss. in the lower GOM. or Bahama's.

Kyle is out there, going nowhere very slowly.

Joe in JAX

Anonymous
Unregistered

Lili
      #5316 - Wed Sep 25 2002 03:12 PM

Hmmmmm..... Does anybody notice the striking similarities between Izzy and Lili? Both were supposed to become Hurricanes in the eastern Carrib. and move NW. Now, just like Izzy, an ULL just to the west of Lili has weakened her and she is staying on a more westerly course. Looks like she may even open up to a wave ala Izzy. I look for regeneration near Jamaica again. Then things could get interestin. This time for FL west coast. Just a hunch, but keep an eye out.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey another jog to the west
      #5317 - Wed Sep 25 2002 03:52 PM

Last vis pic shows the center of Izzy at 26.2N and 90.5W.... took a little more jog to the NW....

cappycat
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Raceland, LA
From near Houma, LA
      #5318 - Wed Sep 25 2002 03:55 PM

We have battened down the hatches, but not overly worried about izzy. We boarded up, got our bottled water, but planon staying inour house. We are expecting some rain (lots) and some wind (not so much). Right now, the wind is really gusting and the rain is sporadic, occassionally heavy, as the bands pass over. Most of Raceland lost electricity last night for a little bit. Not sure if it was directly or indirectly related to the storm.

Folks east of us are gonna get some serious rain out of this. Be safe, folks.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 29855

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center