F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Site Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Pages: 1
CoconutCandy
User

Reged:
Loc: Beautiful Honolulu Hawaii
CFHC Website is Truly a Cut Above ALL the Rest!
      #86976 - Sat Sep 26 2009 12:22 PM

I was just perusing the tropical forum over at wunderground.com this morning (I don't post there, as I much prefer CFHC for that! ) and came across this interesting tidbit ...

Quote:

... now that's the truth...at this point being banned means nothing here as people like that have caused this blog to become a joke for the most part. as I am sure you have noticed, most of the "regulars" are rarely here anymore.

It's becoming a sad truth though. I love this blog but have realized it's becoming worst everyday. The admins don't even seem to care anymore.

Huge Thanks to Ed and Mike and all the other Admins and Mods for their unceasing efforts to honor the site motto: "Hurricanes Without the Hype" and vigilance to keep the posts on topic and to the point.

Although it may not be perfect (just yet!) this site is, by far, the BEST Hurricane website on the Internet. I believe I speak for the vast majority of us who peruse and contribute to the site by saying a BIG 'Hats Off' to all you guys!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: CFHC Website is Truly a Cut Above ALL the Rest! [Re: CoconutCandy]
      #87036 - Mon Oct 26 2009 09:11 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. This site and its forums are the most informative around.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: CFHC Website is Truly a Cut Above ALL the Rest! [Re: MichaelA]
      #87039 - Tue Oct 27 2009 12:57 PM

Site activity this year was slow, but so was the season. There wasn't much to talk about this year, and there wasn't much to hype up. July in particular I got hammered for not hyping a few things enough, but the setup this year just didn't warrant anything.

Next year likely will be different.

Site wise next year we'll have more focused efforts on things for mobile phones, mainly geared to low hype, just the facts, with maybe some useful links and data if an event gets close to an area.

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: CFHC Website is Truly a Cut Above ALL the Rest! [Re: MikeC]
      #87040 - Wed Oct 28 2009 01:14 AM

As long as we can continue to come here and rationally discuss storms and their potential threats, I'll be satisfied. The knowledgeable analysis and discussions are always a welcome alternative to the general media hype.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4973

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center