Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Hybrid Low could form and move inland N-NE Gulf Sun-Mon. Rain/Tstorms/Gusts likely either way from this complex already in Gulf.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 250 (Nicholas) , Major: 266 (Ida) Florida - Any: 1320 (Michael) Major: 1320 (Michael)

Archives 2010s >> 2016 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #97402 - Thu Oct 06 2016 01:22 PM

I knew it was coming once Pinellas called it

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Colleen A.

Reged: Sat
Loc: Florida
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #97404 - Thu Oct 06 2016 01:28 PM

This may seem like a stupid comment but it was one I was thinking about as I was thinking what I need to bring inside and realized tomorrow is trash pick-up/recycling for my area of Polk County. As we are expecting 40-60mph sustained winds here starting tonight and lasting through tomorrow so I called. They pushed back our pick-up until Saturday - weather permitting because they are worried about not only the safety of their workers but also because those types of winds could and I quote "flying projectiles of garbage all over the streets". If you have trash pick up tomorrow, you may want to check before putting out garbage cans/recycling bins tonight. As far as the weather here - it is very overcast & humid with a little wind/rain but not much more at this time.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

DJINFLA
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Sebastian, FL
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #97405 - Thu Oct 06 2016 01:33 PM

Not bad yet. A little windy and some sunshine earlier. Expecting the worst, but pray that the darned thing does not ramp up to a Cat 5. Live in Vero Lake Estates and it seems most have shuttered up and are going to hunker down. Have to admit, this one is making my stomach churn.

JMII
Weather Master

Loc: Margate, Florida
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: DJINFLA]
      #97407 - Thu Oct 06 2016 02:19 PM

Finally getting some feeder band style rain here in N Broward. Pressure has really dipped in the last 2 hours. Matt is a bit east of his projected spot, maybe off by only 20 miles or so. Radar shows an improving core with a secondary outer ring forming.

--------------------
South FL Native... experienced many tropical systems, but actually had to put up the panels for:
David ('79) - Floyd ('87) - Andrew ('92) - Georges ('98) - Frances ('04) - Wilma ('05) - Matthew ('16) - Irma ('17)

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: DJINFLA]
      #97408 - Thu Oct 06 2016 02:21 PM

Heavy line of rain developing down the middle of the state. Hoping it doesn't arrive when we are dismissing school, but lately it seem to wait for that. This seems to be energy from the outer bands of Matthew. Lots of heating ahead of it, so we could see something severe out of one of these....other than that, it is a bit blustery but warm and humid and the sun is peeking in and out regularly.

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2017 Season Prediction: 16/7/3

Colleen A.

Loc: Florida
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #97410 - Thu Oct 06 2016 02:52 PM

We got our first feeder band about 15-20 minutes ago; not too bad but now we are also getting thunder & lightning.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

IsoFlame
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
      #97411 - Thu Oct 06 2016 02:52 PM

2pm weather: 84F and partly sunny (scattered showers in bands to the SE), wind ENE 17 mph
Rainfall (sunrise to 2 pm): 0.08"
Surf conditions: breaking waves 4-6 feet and building, very choppy with a strong north to south current
Tide: outgoing, low 6:23 pm

Surprisingly we continue to be mostly clear-slotted by most of the fringe harbinger brands wrapping into Florida's east coast off the Atlantic Ocean with more sun than clouds so far today.
Other than a brief rain squall this morning, the weather continues to be deceptively pleasant ahead of approaching strong Category 4 Matthew, allowing neighborhood residents to finish up last day preparation for the destruction that with more certainty will come tomorrow.

The last high tide didn't run up to the foot of the dune in Daytona Beach Shores at the Demotte ramp. The lunar phase is working in our favor on tide height, but Matthew's eye will pass around the time of the mid-day high tide tomorrow and counter this some. Very glad to see that VCBS yesterday removed all of the items they had taken off the beach and stockpiled on the ramp.

One of my life ambitions as a young man living on a sailboat near Sebastian Inlet in the 80's was to experience a Category 4 or 5 hurricane safely moored in a honey hole. I experienced the eye of Hurricane David, the fringes of a half dozen or so Cat 1-3 hurricanes, and the center of circulation of numerous tropical storms (one at sea). Now land-based, I'm squarely in the path of a healthy example of the greatest storm on Earth. I accept this fateful placement, hoping that all who do the same have made every prudent preparation possible to be safe.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

vineyardsaker
Weather Guru

Loc: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #97413 - Thu Oct 06 2016 03:09 PM

I wonder what kind of damage Volusia county will experience. Will all of the Edgeater-Holly Hill area look like Punta Gorda come Saturday or can we hope that at least most of our homes will survive?
Does anybody have an opinions about this?

We evacuated from New Smyrna Beach to Port Orange and are now staying in a sturdy hotel. So far the weather here is deceptively calm.

--------------------
Charley(eyewall), Ivan, Jeanne, Dennis, Wilma, Irma

kespo

Reged: Tue
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: craigm]
      #97415 - Thu Oct 06 2016 03:17 PM

Outer rainbands reaching cape Coral.

DeLandT
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Parrish, FL
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #97416 - Thu Oct 06 2016 03:18 PM

Manatee County Schools are closed tomorrow.

Owlguin
Weather Hobbyist

Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: DeLandT]
      #97417 - Thu Oct 06 2016 03:24 PM

Boca Raton 3:20PM, occasional gusts, squalls and rain bands. Really not bad at all so far. Matthew is tracking probably 20-30 miles east of where they thought it might be 12 hours ago, and that makes a big difference for us.

JMII
Weather Master

Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: Owlguin]
      #97421 - Thu Oct 06 2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Boca Raton 3:20PM, occasional gusts, squalls and rain bands. Really not bad at all so far. Matthew is tracking probably 20-30 miles east of where they thought it might be 12 hours ago, and that makes a big difference for us.

For sure, plus he has gotten weaker on the western side. Seems to be encountering shear to the N as well. Satellite presentation isn't nearly as good as before, but radar shows an eyewall that appears to be building.

--------------------
South FL Native... experienced many tropical systems, but actually had to put up the panels for:
David ('79) - Floyd ('87) - Andrew ('92) - Georges ('98) - Frances ('04) - Wilma ('05) - Matthew ('16) - Irma ('17)

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: JMII]
      #97432 - Thu Oct 06 2016 05:31 PM

My place in Orlando, band came through with a 30mph gust.

Myles
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: SW FL
      #97437 - Thu Oct 06 2016 06:24 PM

Also went through an outer band here in Sarasota. Surprisingly, the power went out for around an hour but I doubt it was related.

IsoFlame
Weather Guru

Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
      #97440 - Thu Oct 06 2016 06:40 PM

6:30 pm weather: 80F and cloudy (multiple layer deck of cumulus, stratus and cirrostratus) with light showers in the vicinity, wind ENE 18 mph, gusting to 25 mph
Rainfall (noon to 6 pm): 0.02"
Surf conditions: breaking waves 5-8 feet, very choppy with a strong north to south current
Tide: dead low, next high tide 12:20 am Friday

After a fairly sunny and humid afternoon with moderate winds off the Atlantic, a band of showers just to the south produced wind gusts approaching 30-35 mph along with a peppering of rain with only 0.02" accumulation. Surf is now breaking well past the end of the pier as it continues to build. If wave heights reach the forecast of 10-15' on top of a hurricane surge forecast of 7'+ around the time of high tide early Friday afternoon, the Sunglow Pier and possibly the Main Street pier in Daytona may not survive.

Expecting conditions to go rapidly down hill starting around sunrise, with wind maxing out mid-day, continuing until Matthew pulls away to the north later in the afternoon. From the local weather station's hi-res future radar loops (which I find are very good at illustrating local weather out 24 hours), it appears that my location will either be hit dead-on by the eye or be in the west eye wall as the center achieves 29N latitude. Hoping for the later as it will spare us the 180 100+ mph wind-shift and freaky calm inside the eye.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

JArsenal

Reged: Fri
Loc: Greenacres, Florida
      #97446 - Thu Oct 06 2016 07:45 PM

I'm in Greenacres, FL about 10 miles south of West Palm Beach and 6.6 Miles from the coast. Right now we're getting rain and gusts of wind, Seems to have picked up a lot in the last 30 minutes. It got really dark out in the last 30 minutes, we can't even see the trees it got so dark.

JMII
Weather Master

Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: JArsenal]
      #97449 - Thu Oct 06 2016 07:59 PM

Finally getting "tropical" here in NW Broward too. Winds are pushing 30 mph while rain fall is heavy and steady. Pressure still falling so I expect conditions to continue downward. By midnight the worst should be over? Hard to tell as Matt has slowed down (at least on radar) and is moving away to the NW. However this motion will drag more of the overall system on top of us. Wind is still NE so the circulation isn't moving off just yet.

--------------------

Prospero
Storm Tracker

Loc: Gulfport, FL
      #97451 - Thu Oct 06 2016 08:12 PM

Here in Gulfport (Pinellas County - Tampa Bay area) we've had a 26 mph gust at Clam Bayou, and we are a very long ways from the center of the storm and many hours from when we are supposed to really feel it. On the Sunshine Skyway Fishing Pier a gust of 38 mph was recorded a little while ago. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Here on the West Coast of Florida, we are fortunate to not be so close to Matthew as everybody on the East Coast, but I think we all will share memories of this storm for quite some time to come.

Hurricane Matthew will be historic, so be safe, and hold on tight!

--------------------
Gulfport, Florida USA - Personal Weather Station:
KFLGULFP5

Watch the best Clearwater Beach Cams:
Clearwater Beach Cams

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: Longwood, FL
      #97452 - Thu Oct 06 2016 08:13 PM

In southwest Seminole county. Getting a big band. Heavy, heavy rain.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

Personal Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLONGW67

FullerFinds

Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #97453 - Thu Oct 06 2016 08:20 PM

In Longwood, lots of rain currently. Staring at the pool outside and it was a little low earlier. Now it is closer to the top of the edge.
A little thunder, lightning and winds picking up a little.

--------------------
Native Floridian 4th generation.
Love everything about storms, well except for the destruction. I have been through too many hurricanes to name. They seem to chase me to many states on vacations.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 93502

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center