F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Watching PTC EIGHT off the SE coast for a brief Tropical Storm. Trop Storm Warning in effect from Edisto Beach, SC to Ocracoke Inlet, NC
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 4 (Francine) , Major: 383 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 42 (Debby) Major: 383 (Idalia)
19.1N 48.1W
Wind: 35MPH
Pres: 1006mb
Moving:
W at 7 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
33.1N 78.3W
Wind: 40MPH
Pres: 1006mb
Moving:
Nnw at 5 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US

General Discussion >> 2024 Forecast Lounge

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
Re: Debby Lounge [Re: cieldumort]
      #115045 - Sun Aug 04 2024 04:57 AM

Quote:

Debby still has some work to do in order to fend off intrusions of abundant nearby dry air. Having been born from the interaction of a dry gyre and a second tropical disturbance, there are ongoing gaps in her structure needing to be filled. One way the cyclone is attempting to do this is by working on developing an inner core. For now, shear is supportive, and SSTs are more than supportive.

Other than a few isolated thunderstorms scattered along the northern rim, the rest of the Gulf (minus Debby) is remarkably devoid of low-level moisture for early August: GOMEX water vapor loop

Very moist to the east of Debby. A tighter core will be key to compensate for the current lopsided availability given the lack of shear and high- octane SST's.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JMII
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Margate, Florida
Re: Debby Lounge [Re: IsoFlame]
      #115047 - Sun Aug 04 2024 12:09 PM

My brother is actually visiting some friends this weekend in Palm Harbor and reports the surge is coming over the docks in the marina. High tide is is an hour away. The wind is only blowing 12-15 there right now. There is a radar indicated tornado embedded in a feeder band working its way thru Zolfo Springs / Wauchula area right now.

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Re: Debby Lounge [Re: JMII]
      #115049 - Sun Aug 04 2024 03:21 PM

Radar @ 3 pm suggests Debby's center has jogged to the NE- about 12 miles closer to Florida's west central coast than the 2pm coordinates: Tampa Bay radar

May be a brief wobble, however I believe it's significant enough that the cone may have to shift back east a bit with the 5pm advisory. Seems to me that lopsided east side an elongated TC's like Debbie re-curve earlier than intitially forecast and landfall further south on the Florida peninsula as they gain latitude in the eastern GOMEX.

Edited by IsoFlame (Sun Aug 04 2024 03:38 PM)

Owlguin
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Debby Lounge [Re: IsoFlame]
      #115050 - Sun Aug 04 2024 03:37 PM

I’ve noticed that NE jog. we’ll have to see if that continues. The SFWMD used to provide a center line of the projected path, which made unexpected turns a little easier to monitor, but they apparently got rid of that along with their hurricane model maps.

JMII
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Margate, Florida
Re: Debby Lounge [Re: Owlguin]
      #115054 - Sun Aug 04 2024 05:29 PM

Quote:

I’ve noticed that NE jog. we’ll have to see if that continues. The SFWMD used to provide a center line of the projected path, which made unexpected turns a little easier to monitor, but they apparently got rid of that along with their hurricane model maps.

I use the map at Weather Underground since it shows the NHC path along with a satellite and radar overlay: https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap just wish the radar was hi-def like the Radar Scope app.

If anyone has an app or site that provides the line plus hi-def radar let me know.

Debby is most definitely EAST of the forecast line but the last few radar frames show N movement vs the previous NE direction.

--------------------
South FL Native... experienced many tropical systems, put up the panels for:
David 79 - Floyd 87 - Andrew 92 - Georges 98 - Frances 04 - Wilma 05 - Matthew 16 - Irma 17
Lost our St James City rental property to Ian 22

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged:
      #115058 - Sun Aug 04 2024 08:15 PM

Very concerned for my 91-yr old dad who lives near the Little Satilla in SE Georgia...

RAINFALL: Debby is expected to produce rainfall totals of 6 to 12 inches, with maximum amounts of 18 inches, across portions of northern Florida and southeastern North Carolina through Friday morning. This rainfall will likely result in areas of considerable flash and urban flooding, with significant river flooding expected.

Across portions of southeast Georgia and South Carolina, 10 to 20 inches of rainfall, with local amounts to 30 inches, are expected through Friday morning. This potentially historic rainfall will likely result in areas of catastrophic flooding.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

cieldumort

Reged:
Loc: Austin, Tx
      #115061 - Sun Aug 04 2024 11:45 PM

Quote:

I use the map at Weather Underground since it shows the NHC path along with a satellite and radar overlay: https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap just wish the radar was hi-def like the Radar Scope app.

If anyone has an app or site that provides the line plus hi-def radar let me know.

Worth mentioning that OSPO Floaters are back up 04L Floater

I also use Wunderground myself. MyRadar (upgrade) is another viable app for tracking radar against the center line and cone.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12556

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center