Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995


Plenty of Fish in the Sea for Peter and Rose to date. Elsewhere, the remnants of Odette has a 30% redevelopment chance. 98L 70%.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 7 (Nicholas) , Major: 22 (Ida) Florida - Any: 1076 (Michael) Major: 1076 (Michael)
19.6N 63.8W
Wind: 50MPH
Pres: 1007mb
Moving:
W at 12 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
21.0N 36.4W
Wind: 45MPH
Pres: 1006mb
Moving:
Nw at 20 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
Invest 98LClick for Invest Information from CIMSS
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
 


General Discussion >> Hurricane Ask/Tell

flnative
Registered User


Reged: Wed
Posts: 7
Loc: 27.8960° N, 82.8466° W
Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL
      Wed Aug 28 2019 01:56 PM

To: Colleen (Moderator):

I too have not posted in forever. Nice to see everyone is still here!

I would also suggest your son have a small first aid kit among his storm supplies. Also I don't know if his apartment complex has communal bbqs on site or even allows them on property but, if he has a small bbq (whether propane or charcoal) to make sure he has gas/charcoal/lighter fluid/matches.

I would also highly recommend he purchase dry ice (sold at most Publixs) and keep in his freezer until (if) power goes out. 2 coolers - One with nothing but ice (left in the bags) this can be used to put in drinks, used for compresses (god forbid) or drink if they run out of water and the other cooler put in the dry ice at the bottom and then a layer of aluminum foil then any perishable items on top.

Obvious but sometimes overlooked: Always eat everything from the fridge & freezers first (as they go bad first) before breaking into the dry/canned good supplies.

The fuller his fridge/freezer are the longer they'll stay cold. Fridge unfortunately will only keep temp about 4-5 hrs before it starts dropping however a full freezer will stay for approximately 48 hrs. If neither of these is full, pack all the food in both as close together as possible so it will stay colder longer.

He might want to have some plastic tarps & duct tape on hand. Could come in useful if say a window in his apartment or car gets broken.

Holly

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator


Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Dorian Prep ASK/TELL cieldumortModerator Wed Aug 28 2019 01:56 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Tazmanian93   Sat Aug 31 2019 08:25 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL cieldumortModerator   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:24 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Fri Aug 30 2019 11:01 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Tazmanian93   Fri Aug 30 2019 01:55 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Tazmanian93   Fri Aug 30 2019 04:07 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Prospero   Fri Aug 30 2019 05:44 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL SC Bill   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:14 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL cieldumortModerator   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:09 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL kspkap   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:56 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL RedingtonBeachGuyModerator   Thu Aug 29 2019 08:53 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL kspkap   Wed Aug 28 2019 03:21 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL lblan2001   Wed Aug 28 2019 03:10 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Wed Aug 28 2019 07:43 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL TheBeach   Thu Aug 29 2019 02:15 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL kspkap   Thu Aug 29 2019 06:22 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Thu Aug 29 2019 04:16 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Mike V   Wed Aug 28 2019 01:59 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL flnative   Wed Aug 28 2019 01:56 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Lautermilch   Wed Aug 28 2019 03:34 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL JMII   Wed Aug 28 2019 04:56 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Wed Aug 28 2019 02:32 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL gailwarning   Wed Aug 28 2019 04:25 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 



Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 18517

Rate this thread

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center