Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995


Plenty of Fish in the Sea for Peter and Rose to date. Elsewhere, the remnants of Odette has a 30% redevelopment chance. 98L 70%.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 7 (Nicholas) , Major: 22 (Ida) Florida - Any: 1076 (Michael) Major: 1076 (Michael)
19.6N 63.8W
Wind: 50MPH
Pres: 1007mb
Moving:
W at 12 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
21.0N 36.4W
Wind: 45MPH
Pres: 1006mb
Moving:
Nw at 20 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
Invest 98LClick for Invest Information from CIMSS
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
 


General Discussion >> Hurricane Ask/Tell

RedingtonBeachGuyModerator
Moderator


Reged: Tue
Posts: 342
Loc: St. Cloud, FL
Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL
      Thu Aug 29 2019 08:53 PM

Heres a few tips from a local.

You don't need the green camping stove fuel. Hand held propane torches have the same thread.

Can't find water? How many of those plastic storage totes do you own? A small grey one is 18 gallons and Walmart has a full stock of them.

Have a small john boat? You have a spare fuel tank.

If you have kids, you have crayons. If you have crayons, you have candles.

If the water lines break, make sure you have bleach. 6 drops per gallon and let it sit for 30 mins. Now you have sanitary water. Might taste like hell, but you won't die from it.

If you have a plug in your vehicle, you have 120v if the power goes out.

Download PDANet+ and unlock it ($7.99) from the app store for internet if the cable goes down.

Almost every phone now has a flash...therefore, has a flashlight.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator


Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Dorian Prep ASK/TELL cieldumortModerator Thu Aug 29 2019 08:53 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Tazmanian93   Sat Aug 31 2019 08:25 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL cieldumortModerator   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:24 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Fri Aug 30 2019 11:01 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Tazmanian93   Fri Aug 30 2019 01:55 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Tazmanian93   Fri Aug 30 2019 04:07 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Prospero   Fri Aug 30 2019 05:44 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL SC Bill   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:14 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL cieldumortModerator   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:09 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL kspkap   Fri Aug 30 2019 02:56 AM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL RedingtonBeachGuyModerator   Thu Aug 29 2019 08:53 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL kspkap   Wed Aug 28 2019 03:21 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL lblan2001   Wed Aug 28 2019 03:10 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Wed Aug 28 2019 07:43 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL TheBeach   Thu Aug 29 2019 02:15 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL kspkap   Thu Aug 29 2019 06:22 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Thu Aug 29 2019 04:16 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Mike V   Wed Aug 28 2019 01:59 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL flnative   Wed Aug 28 2019 01:56 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Lautermilch   Wed Aug 28 2019 03:34 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL JMII   Wed Aug 28 2019 04:56 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL Colleen A.Moderator   Wed Aug 28 2019 02:32 PM
. * * Re: Dorian Prep ASK/TELL gailwarning   Wed Aug 28 2019 04:25 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 



Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 18518

Rate this thread

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center