Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995


Plenty of Fish in the Sea for Peter and Rose to date. Elsewhere, the remnants of Odette has a 30% redevelopment chance. 98L 70%.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 6 (Nicholas) , Major: 22 (Ida) Florida - Any: 1076 (Michael) Major: 1076 (Michael)
20.0N 61.8W
Wind: 50MPH
Pres: 1007mb
Moving:
Wnw at 14 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
18.4N 34.4W
Wind: 40MPH
Pres: 1007mb
Moving:
Nw at 16 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
Invest 98LClick for Invest Information from CIMSS
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
 


Archives 2000s >> 2005 News Talkbacks

HanKFranK
User


Reged: Mon
Posts: 1841
Loc: Graniteville, SC
looking out
      Tue Nov 08 2005 01:41 AM

in about a week a couple of the models are picking up on some potential activity in the caribbean. the strongly zonal pattern, with rather universal westerlies in the atlantic right now should kink up some, as a strong sharp trough passing off the east coast at the end of the week should modify the currently strong zonal flow.
cmc is showing a frontal-tail low near the ne caribbean around the weekend, while gfs sees an upper ridge with a slowed low level easterly jet in the western caribbean in a week to 10 days. at this point just watching for persistence in runs, as they're far out. pattern wouldn't support more than caribbean impact from either feature, as it would take one hell of an amplified pattern or a very anomalous and strong northward-displaced subtropical ridge to get a tropical cyclone to the united states this time of year.
by the way, it's been mentioned already... but the tornado deaths this year were at a very low 10 until sunday morning's F3 outside of evansville, IN. 23 people, one of which was 8 months pregnant, died in the tornado. there isn't much of a silver lining in 2005. just waiting for the inevitable blizzard.
HF 0641z08november

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator


Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean MikeCAdministrator Tue Nov 08 2005 01:41 AM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean Wingman51   Fri Nov 04 2005 08:35 AM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean Margie   Fri Nov 04 2005 12:32 PM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean danielwAdministrator   Sat Nov 05 2005 05:25 AM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean Margie   Sat Nov 05 2005 10:08 AM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean Storm Hunter   Sun Nov 06 2005 04:29 PM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean Beaumont, TX   Sun Nov 06 2005 06:43 PM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean Storm Hunter   Mon Nov 07 2005 01:22 AM
. * * Re: Wilam Article Lee-Delray   Mon Nov 07 2005 09:14 AM
. * * Re: Wilam Article ftlaudbob   Mon Nov 07 2005 09:31 AM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Lee-Delray   Mon Nov 07 2005 09:45 AM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Margie   Mon Nov 07 2005 12:34 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article HanKFranK   Mon Nov 07 2005 04:41 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Margie   Mon Nov 07 2005 05:54 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Lysis   Mon Nov 07 2005 06:45 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Margie   Mon Nov 07 2005 10:46 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article ftlaudbob   Tue Nov 08 2005 09:56 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Tropics Guy   Tue Nov 08 2005 10:14 PM
. * * Re: Wilma Article Random Chaos   Wed Nov 09 2005 07:14 AM
. * * looking out HanKFranK   Tue Nov 08 2005 01:41 AM
. * * Re: looking out Doombot!   Thu Nov 10 2005 02:29 AM
. * * Re: looking out Random Chaos   Thu Nov 10 2005 06:13 AM
. * * Re: looking out Clark   Thu Nov 10 2005 11:58 AM
. * * Re: looking out HanKFranK   Thu Nov 10 2005 01:20 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* damejune2   Thu Nov 10 2005 05:07 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* MapMaster   Thu Nov 10 2005 06:38 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* Random Chaos   Fri Nov 11 2005 06:48 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* Margie   Fri Nov 11 2005 08:56 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* HanKFranK   Sat Nov 12 2005 12:02 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* damejune2   Sat Nov 12 2005 06:42 PM
. * * 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? NONAME   Sat Nov 12 2005 10:20 PM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? Random Chaos   Sat Nov 12 2005 11:09 PM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? HanKFranK   Sun Nov 13 2005 12:20 AM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? Margie   Sun Nov 13 2005 12:57 AM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? Random Chaos   Sun Nov 13 2005 09:36 AM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? CaneTrackerInSoFl   Sun Nov 13 2005 01:18 PM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? NONAME   Sun Nov 13 2005 07:52 PM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? Old Sailor   Sun Nov 13 2005 08:07 PM
. * * Re: 93L and 94L Two invest Form in One day in November! Starting to go Active again?!? CaneTrackerInSoFl   Sun Nov 13 2005 09:16 PM
. * * TD 27 CaneTrackerInSoFl   Sun Nov 13 2005 09:52 PM
. * * Re: TD 27 Doombot!   Sun Nov 13 2005 11:03 PM
. * * Re: TD 27 Margie   Sun Nov 13 2005 10:16 PM
. * * Re: TD 27 Hurricane Dad   Sun Nov 13 2005 10:44 PM
. * * 93L Old Sailor   Sat Nov 12 2005 03:10 PM
. * * Re: 93L CoalCracker   Sat Nov 12 2005 04:51 PM
. * * Re: looking out Clark   Thu Nov 10 2005 06:10 PM
. * * Re: looking out *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* Lee-Delray   Thu Nov 10 2005 05:14 PM
. * * Re: looking out Random Chaos   Thu Nov 10 2005 05:50 PM
. * * Re: looking out Lee-Delray   Thu Nov 10 2005 05:37 PM
. * * Re: looking out Margie   Thu Nov 10 2005 06:11 PM
. * * Re: looking out Lee-Delray   Thu Nov 10 2005 07:54 AM
. * * Re: looking out Margie   Thu Nov 10 2005 11:32 AM
. * * Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean doug   Fri Nov 04 2005 12:32 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 



Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Thread views: 53169

Rate this thread

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center