Current Radar or Satellite Image - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Plenty of Fish in the Sea for Peter and Rose to date. Elsewhere, the remnants of Odette has a 30% redevelopment chance. 98L 70%.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 7 (Nicholas) , Major: 23 (Ida) Florida - Any: 1077 (Michael) Major: 1077 (Michael)
20.5N 65.0W
Wind: 35MPH
Pres: 1009mb
Wnw at 8 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
22.5N 37.7W
Wind: 40MPH
Pres: 1008mb
Nw at 10 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
Invest 98LClick for Invest Information from CIMSS

Archives 2000s >> 2005 Storm Forum


Reged: Mon
Posts: 1841
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: Dr. Gray's 2005 Summary and Forecast Verification
      Sat Nov 19 2005 09:20 PM

works fine here. everybody who's interested in tropical weather should read it.
they really ought to start issuing these 'after' the season, by which i mean after november 30th. gray and co. always play the odds against a november storm, and this year like several others it's burned them a little... what with gamma's undramatic but definite entry onto the stage. since the uptick in activity that began in 1995, we've had post-october atlantic storms in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004, and now this year. collectively the count is nine, with five being hurricanes, and one of those being major. more than half of these formed from mid-november on.
so anyhow, we're at 24 named atlantic storms. it's unlikely anything will form past gamma, aside from the outside shot at a deep layer low drifting in the central atlantic converting to the heretic barotropic faith.
but just in case additional names are needed... there are twenty-one more greek letters.
HF 0219z20november

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Dr. Gray's 2005 Summary and Forecast Verification Tak Sat Nov 19 2005 09:20 PM
. * * Re: Dr. Gray's 2005 Summary and Forecast Verification HanKFranK   Sat Nov 19 2005 09:20 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15094

Rate this thread

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center