Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995


Plenty of Fish in the Sea for Peter and Rose to date. Elsewhere, the remnants of Odette has a 30% redevelopment chance. 98L 70%.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 7 (Nicholas) , Major: 23 (Ida) Florida - Any: 1077 (Michael) Major: 1077 (Michael)
20.5N 65.0W
Wind: 35MPH
Pres: 1009mb
Moving:
Wnw at 8 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
22.5N 37.7W
Wind: 40MPH
Pres: 1008mb
Moving:
Nw at 10 mph
Click for Storm Spotlight
Invest 98LClick for Invest Information from CIMSS
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
 


Archives 2010s >> 2020 Forecast Lounge

cieldumortModerator
Moderator


Reged: Mon
Posts: 2103
Loc: Austin, Tx
Marco Forecast Lounge
      Tue Aug 18 2020 04:01 PM


Visible image of 97L at 1530z on Aug 18, 2020

Invest 97L is presently traveling through the as usual less-than-hospitable eastern Caribbean, but will soon be entering a more favorable region in the central to western Caribbean, and will likely have a much better chance for development in a few days, and interests from Nicaragua to the Yucatan, or even around Cuba, may be under the gun for an intensifying tropical cyclone at that time.

Later this week, models strongly suggest that locations within and along the Gulf of Mexico may be impacted, but all of this is predicated on the system not washing out and heading more west or even southwest.

At this time, the GFS develops 97L, but the ECMWF keeps it very weak.

Edited by MikeC (Fri Aug 21 2020 10:32 PM)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator


Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Marco Forecast Lounge cieldumortModerator Tue Aug 18 2020 04:01 PM
. * * Re: TD 14 Forecast Lounge cieldumortModerator   Fri Aug 21 2020 09:43 AM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge ftlaudbob   Tue Aug 18 2020 04:07 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge doug   Wed Aug 19 2020 10:04 AM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge ftlaudbob   Wed Aug 19 2020 10:54 AM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge cieldumortModerator   Wed Aug 19 2020 03:32 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge Prospero   Thu Aug 20 2020 10:32 AM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Thu Aug 20 2020 08:57 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge IsoFlame   Fri Aug 21 2020 11:17 AM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Sat Aug 22 2020 07:54 AM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge MikeCAdministrator   Sat Aug 22 2020 12:26 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Sat Aug 22 2020 03:33 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge Lamar-Plant City   Sat Aug 22 2020 04:40 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Sat Aug 22 2020 05:09 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge MichaelA   Sun Aug 23 2020 01:04 PM
. * * Re: Invest 97L Forecast Lounge IsoFlame   Sat Aug 22 2020 07:12 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., Atricks, danielw, Clark, Christine H, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort, Jackie M, Wigeon, Hank Buck 



Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 9298

Rate this thread

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center