F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 240 (Idalia) , Major: 240 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 240 (Idalia) Major: 240 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Rain
      #916 - Sat Jun 29 2002 04:27 PM

Rad....I assume you are speaking of "IT" when you say he's still alive? I hear we are to receive a "message" from him this week.

I DARE HIM. I may be little, but I'm Irish. And I have a temper. And I'm patriotic. So, let him come within 10 ft of me and he'd be BEGGING for mercy. Of course, he won't get it. ;-)

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous (HF)
Unregistered

texas coast
      #917 - Sat Jun 29 2002 05:22 PM

if that complex on the texas coast was 500 miles southeast of where it is, they'd be scheduling a recon and putting out special tropical disturbance statements. as is it will just be a rainstorm. some thunderstorm activity with the trough splaying off the east coast.. when the advancing ridge leans over it maybe the shear will let up a little and give it a chance.. for now it's shredded.
HanKFranK aiken, SC 1713z29june

Anonymous
Unregistered

#918 - Sun Jun 30 2002 02:17 AM

No Colleen, I am talking about the great bow hunter Fred Bear .

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Re: texas coast
      #920 - Sun Jun 30 2002 02:39 PM

Hey HF, haven't responded to your posts in a while, but I agree with what you said about the Texas system. One of the TWO's yesterday said, "Thunderstorm activity associated with this system has already moved into Southern Texas." This tells me if it was over water, it might have sparked some more serious interest.

It's been pouring like crazy every afternoon here in C. Florida. Lots of not-so-great afternoons (weather wise), but we need the rain.

Okay, now. Why am I only rated as a 3-star user?! I know that whoever did this was only "messing around" with the rating stars on my personal profile.
Of course, it could just be a conspiracy of some type!

Maybe reading my 2002 hurricane season theory on the Storm Forum will change your mind!

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
      #922 - Sun Jun 30 2002 03:26 PM

Yo Kev,

You are wise beyond your years and earned a 5 from me. That averages you up to 4.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
      #923 - Sun Jun 30 2002 03:48 PM

Hey, Kevin! I just voted you a 5 star. You certainly have some good posts and deserve a 5 star rating. Steve, I think I was the first one to vote for you , and of course, I gave you a 5 star. The thing that puzzles me is how I'M still a 5 star rating. Then again, I only have 3 total rates so it is easier to keep that rating. You BOTH should be rated higher than me; there are alot of people on this site that should be rated higher than me, like Colleen, etc. The only exception is maybe John from South Florida......I think I may beat him out by a 1/2 star.....HA! HA! HA!

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #924 - Sun Jun 30 2002 03:50 PM

No sooner did I post this and suddenly my rating has slipped to a 4 Star. That is o.k. with me because I should actually be a 3 so I'm Still happy with the 4.

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
      #925 - Sun Jun 30 2002 04:31 PM

Thanks Steve!

Anonymous (HF)
Unregistered

july
      #926 - Sun Jun 30 2002 10:44 PM

alright, enough june already. there's a weak low in association with a decaying front off the southeast coast, sheared and unimpressive, and that's the only story in town. a couple models are keeping the disturbed weather around off the coast, but doing nothing special with it. slightly more interesting topic is the current westpac systems. they both sprang up the other day and are headed west and northwest, projected to get quite strong. on one hand this tells us that the quiet westpac may be coming to life, more in line with an el nino type situation. on the other a big ridge is driving this systems west, and it should teleconnect with the bermuda ridge being solid. or at least i think thats what bastardi has described several times. maybe he'll mention it on monday.
HanKFranK aiken, SC 2235z30june

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey Steve
      #927 - Sun Jun 30 2002 11:54 PM

With your next post you'll be the site's first "weather guru"... congratulations... hehe

Still not sure why you have only a 4-star rating... your posts are as good as most on the board... Colleen, Kevin and a few others are also rated to low IMO... go figure...

Well June has come and gone with little tropical to speak of... The GOM and BOC both had plenty of convection during the month but shear precluded anything from developing... July also is not a very active month for tropical development... but more so than June... Nothing immenent on the horizon but maybe one or so systems will develop during the month... time will tell... Still think it will be a slow month ..... waiting for the August rush when the regular season starts... June and July are basically our "preseason".... for tropical development....

Edited by Frank P (Sun Jun 30 2002 11:57 PM)

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Hey Steve
      #928 - Mon Jul 01 2002 12:02 AM

Well now I'm a three star in lieu of a five star.... got court-marshalled and didn't even know it... I always wondered how the star ratings work... My personal opinion is that it really doesn't add anything to the board...

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Hey Steve
      #929 - Mon Jul 01 2002 01:12 AM

Hey,Frank, I'm with you on these ratings. I can't believe you are only three stars. There must be someone out there goofing around and just putting a bunch of 1 stars on everyone. I got your back,though. You get 5 stars from me!

Robert
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Southeast, FL
Wave
      #930 - Mon Jul 01 2002 01:16 AM

Hey whats up evryone ne one notice the wave east of the antillies it seems pretty impressive ive been tracking it for a while maby it might do something down the road??

Hey frank your at 4 stars now

garyb
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Hernando Beach,Fl
      #931 - Mon Jul 01 2002 12:51 PM

1200 UTC (8 a.m. edt) 7/1/2002 ATLANTIC OCEAN TROPICAL OUTLOOK
An area of convection has developed in the northwest Bahamas. While upper winds are becoming more favorable, there is little surface organization. Therefore, any development would be slow to occur.

Elsewhere, tropical cyclone formation is not expected within the next 36 hours.

Forecaster: Ortt

CaneMan
Unregistered

#932 - Mon Jul 01 2002 07:09 PM

Folks, I'm noticing some slight pressure falls off the Florida East Coast. Looks like shear isn't that bad either. Any opionins from our 5 star folks?

Anonymous (HF)
Unregistered

bahama/el nino
      #933 - Mon Jul 01 2002 07:33 PM

did a little more research on the mess east of florida. surface winds are sort of a scramble, but there is a general broad turning to the convection in the area.. this is part of a strung out upper feature and frontal remnant that is getting kinked off while a ridge amplifies some to the northwest... it has a good chance of stirring something at the surface, as it keeps refiring convection.
pretty much every model i found showed a convective mass sliding northeast, mrf/avn family wants to shunt it out into the trough forecast to dig in with the stalled upper system currently over the canadian maritimes. this is typical mrf--phase every bit of tropical energy northeast. but all have the same general idea, only less so. pretty much every model registers a weak low with it.. so with confidence that a low will organize, need to watch to see if the ball gets rolling and a system starts to organize.
throw a tropical storm off the east coast by mid week and things get a little more complicated than what forecast models are showing. area needs to be watched, say chances around 20% of something developing.
read bastardi today, he did mention the typhoons. the one in the east recurves, the one near the continent goes in, or so the philosophy goes. he tied it to the stalled upper system over texas, that old piece that retrograded by here ten days ago and gave us all of that rainy weather in the southeast. this could be the first little pulse of el nino trying to assert itself, kicking up the low latitude westerlies and playing against the trough splitting-retrograding pattern. i was sort of counting on the trough splitting to give us a landfall or two say before september 1.. should the global pattern start to warp into ENSO+ then there's more cause for a less active season with more shear and booted systems.. but a weak el nino in fits and starts could make for a very wishy washy sort of performance by this years hurricanes, when they show up... thats what i'm putting the poker chips on. either if things swing too far the el nino way then the east coast is probably out of the woods.
geez i just wrote war and peace... typing requires so little effort..
im not registered so i dont get those star ratings, and wouldnt put much stock into them if i did. might as well ask yall what you think of my incredibly long posts that have been appearing on this site for about two years now.. kind of wonder what you all make of them.

a'ite
HanKFranK aiken, SC 1921z01july

Votes accepted from (Fri Apr 26 2024 01:43 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Robert
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Southeast, FL
Re: bahama
      #934 - Mon Jul 01 2002 08:08 PM

Well the weather station on grand bahama island has east winds, the weather station at juno and ft.lauderdale have nnw winds what this means im not sure right now it could be just outflow from thunderstorms or there could be something trying to get going right over the warm gulf stream im tending to go with the gulf stream idea scence it has been raining non stop all day ill have to check later to see if winds reamain in the same direction. Preassure reamins high they are dropping ever so slightly after a consitent rising early this morning porbally from convection firing and dying. All in All its qiuet out there, just wait and see

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Yo HF...
      #935 - Mon Jul 01 2002 08:15 PM

I voted for, "rectory mean haunted house with coconut palms and judy garland."

You forgot to mention that July is the 7th month, and G is the seventh letter. Liza sing in G on my birthday. Hahahahahaha.

Actually, the longer the better. I'm off to SW NY State to hang with my mother-in-law for the next 6-7 days. I'll see ya'll next Monday or Tuesday.

Yours truly, The First Guru AKA the person who wastes the most amount of time at work,

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: HankFrank
      #936 - Mon Jul 01 2002 09:22 PM

I'm still laughing about that poll....I was one of I think two who voted "uh". LOLOL! ;-) I noticed that convection firing up this morning, but haven't checked it out since I got home from work. Yes, that's right! I have a job! I work at the church office where I go to church. Only temporary though. ;-)

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

CaneMan
Unregistered

Re: HankFrank
      #937 - Mon Jul 01 2002 09:29 PM

Just checked a couple 5:00 buoys in the East Caost FLorida area and pressures have dropped to their lowest in past couple days. Thoughts?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 18717

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center