F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
Rasvar
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Re: Ho hum [Re: Frank P]
      #28752 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:32 PM

I will gladly take a tear apart at this point. This storm is a fighter though. Seems like the storms are defiant this year.

--------------------
Jim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Mets [Re: Clark]
      #28753 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:33 PM

Sorry about the political remark...once again I open a can of worms...that stuff doesn't belong on the boards...my bad.

As far as Miss Steele's resume, I would agree she certainly didn't take the classical path to meterology...which only shows to go ya that it's never too late.

She's about the only reason to watch TWC in the morning.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Ho hum [Re: Clark]
      #28754 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:38 PM

Wasn't the GFDL making Jeanne do a flip, I think it thinks that Ivan is going to interact with Jeanne and then form an orbit around each other, then Johannes Kepler will discover that the orbits are not circular and then make crazy velocity, and Mean Anomaly equations, then they will make me write a report on them. Been doing this report too long, time to take a break!!

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

Rasvar
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: Keith234]
      #28755 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:39 PM

Well, if there is organization in this system, it is hidden from my eye. Looks like it was hit by a martian disentigrator ray [or some mountain. ]

--------------------
Jim

Justin in Miami
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: Rasvar]
      #28756 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:43 PM

Is it possible for her to re-organize herself since the center is leaving the island (assuming the center is leaving the island)? If that happens, I imagine all the models currently out are worthless. Or, maybe it is too early to tell.

MO Stormspotter
Unregistered

#28757 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:44 PM

I think that jeanne is done after looking at the infrared sat loop.

Bloodstar

Reged:
Loc: Tucson, AZ
      #28758 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Well, if there is organization in this system, it is hidden from my eye. Looks like it was hit by a martian disentigrator ray [or some mountain. ]

Actually it looks like the LLC is located just north of the border of the DR and Haiti. There's no convection associated with it, so one of three things could happen (?)
1) it reforms convection and keeps chugging to the wnw
2) another LLC reforms where the midlevel stuff is
3) it's fallen and can't get up!

I think the next 6 hours should tell the tale...

storm chaser
Unregistered

Re: Ho hum [Re: Keith234]
      #28759 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:45 PM

I do not remember what model I saw last night on Fox 35 here in Deltona, but it was really crazy. It had her go NW, do a loop, go back west over CF, out to the gulf, do another loop, go back E and go right up the center of Florida. Did anyone see that?

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: Justin in Miami]
      #28760 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:50 PM

might not be done just yet... check out the latest vis loop, LLC off the island an appears to be moving to the wnw... circulation very evident on this last couple of frames, convection weak but might be trying to reform... still has major stacking problems with midlevel circulation and has to overcome this issue to continue to develope....

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/post-goes

AdmittedHacker
Unregistered

#28761 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:50 PM

All rotation has now ceased, with the exception of one small area NE of Santiago, right on the coastline. The original area of the eye has completely opened and disintegrated. There is no evident organization remaining. Outflows are increasingly being ripped NE and SW, pulling Jeanne apart diagonally. Overall motion now seems to be reversing, drifting back in an easterly direction.

DMFischer
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay
Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: AdmittedHacker]
      #28762 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:58 PM Attachment (225 downloads)

Okay, two hours ago I would have thought Jeanne looked to be falling apart. I didn't really see any rotation. I go work on some projects for school and when I come back I see this. Is this not rotation?

--------------------
Survived: Mitch '98-Charley's crossing'04-Frances '04-Jeanne'04 Survived near fatal fear from Floyd's threat.
Nearly grew gills with Fay'08

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #28763 - Fri Sep 17 2004 04:59 PM

than one small LLC located at 20.0 and 71.4 might be just enough to get this thing cranking again.... lets see what happens... I'm not sure if I'm ready to write her off right now... next 6 hours or so will tell the story... right now I'm leaning that, even though she's beaten up pretty bad, she might just get it back together... LLC over water is certainly a start for her survival...

MO Stormspotter
Unregistered

Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: DMFischer]
      #28764 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:00 PM

Looks like she is kinda hitting reverse, Like I do when I hang up my four wheeler

Steve Hirschb.
Unregistered

#28765 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:01 PM

Nah, she'll e fine. The convective flow from the SW has been cutof due to the mountains over the islands, but there is still a nice circulation. Once she moves far enuf away from the island, the convection will build fairly quickly and the pressure will begin to drop again. Any shear ahead will pull out to the SW. Sorry to say it folks, but Jeanne has passed the test, and stayed away from direct impacts from the mountainous regions. She will refire convection and, as Frank said, this is becoming evident in the last few pix. I'm afraid we'll be looking at a hurricane in 24 hours again.

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
      #28766 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:02 PM

Ok, after straining my eyes to try and figure out what Jeanne was doing I see what Frank is talking about. Looks like the former "eye" has emerged and is just about parallel with the Haiti/D.R. border. Seems she's left her t-storms back on the island, and they're currently blowing back to the east. Also appears that what's left of Jeanne is heading just about due west right now which, if she continued that course, would bring her right into Cuba. Right now she appears to have lost much of her punch, and I'm interested in reading what the intermediate update has to say about it at 2.

--------------------
Check the Surf

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Um... [Re: AgentB]
      #28767 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:03 PM

DMFisher.

You do indeed see rotation...but that's Karl, not Jeanne

They just moved the floaters. Floater 1 is now on Jeanne & Floater 2 is on Karl.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
      #28768 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:03 PM

DMFischer -- that's Karl. They switched the second hi-res satellite to Karl a couple hours ago and moved the first one from Ivan to Jeanne.

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Park, FL
      #28769 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:04 PM

Quote:

Okay, two hours ago I would have thought Jeanne looked to be falling apart. I didn't really see any rotation. I go work on some projects for school and when I come back I see this. Is this not rotation?

DM that's the current loop for Karl. They've switched Jeanne to floater 1 and put Karl on floater 2

--------------------
Check the Surf

MO Stormspotter
Unregistered

Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: Steve Hirschb.]
      #28770 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:06 PM

an some one give me a good link for sat views of Jeanne?

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Ding Dong the witch is dead? [Re: MO Stormspotter]
      #28771 - Fri Sep 17 2004 05:07 PM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/trop-atl.html

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 54070

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center