F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Comedy Shop

Pages: 1
Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Florida
Smart College Students & the Smart Professor
      #35074 - Tue Mar 29 2005 07:26 PM

At Duke University, there were four sophomores taking Organic Chemistry. They were doing so well on all the quizzes, midterms and labs, etc., that each had an A so far for the semester.

These four friends were so confident, that the weekend before finals, they decided to go up to the University of Virginia and party with some friends there.

They had a great time, but after all the hearty partying, they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Duke until early Monday morning.

Rather than taking the final then, they decided to find their professor after the final and explain to him why they missed it.

They explained that they had gone to UVA for the weekend with the plan to come back in time to study, but, unfortunately, they had a flat tire on the way back, didn't have a spare, and couldn't get help for a long time. As a result, they missed the final.

The professor thought it over and then agreed they could make up the final the following day.

The guys were elated and relieved. They studied that night and went in the next day at the time the professor had told them.

He placed them in separate rooms and handed each of them a test booklet and told them to begin.

They looked at the first problem, worth five points. It was a fairly straight-forward question about free radical formation. Cool, they each thought!

All, at the same time, each one in his separate room, thought, this is going to be easy!

Each finished the free radical problem and then turned the page.

On the second page was written:
"For 95 points: Which tire?"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Smart College Students & the Smart Professor [Re: Jamiewx]
      #35080 - Wed Mar 30 2005 02:34 AM

Quite funny. I presume you were one of the students?

--------------------
cheers

Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: Smart College Students & the Smart Professor [Re: Lysis]
      #35082 - Wed Mar 30 2005 03:04 AM

No it wasn't me, but i could see one of my professors doing that though, so I avoid missing finals.

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: USA
Re: Smart College Students & the Smart Professor [Re: Jamiewx]
      #35125 - Sun Apr 03 2005 12:47 AM

that is funny

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
warning lables on alcohol containers [Re: hurricane_run]
      #35371 - Fri May 13 2005 04:49 PM

Liquor manufacturers have accepted the U.S. Goverment`s suggestion that the following warning lables be placed immediately on all varieties of alcohol containers.....Warning:The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when your not.......Warning: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in thinking you can really dance........Warning: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them......Warning: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think that you can really sing....Warning: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.....Warning: The consumtion of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex with out spitting....Warning: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher ,smarter,faster and better looking than most people.....Warning: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing with you.....Warning: The consumption of alcohol may cause pregnancy....Warning: The consumption of alcohol may be a major factor in getting your butt kicked........Weatherchef

Spike
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Central, Florida
Re: Smart College Students & the Smart Professor [Re: hurricane_run]
      #35992 - Wed Jun 01 2005 04:01 PM

Funny stuff.

--------------------
Patrick
God Bless America
Be proud of your Country!

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: United States
Re: warning lables on alcohol containers [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #36040 - Thu Jun 02 2005 10:21 AM

Very funny yes. But also how true...:)

--------------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them"

..........Albert Einstein

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Healthy Levels of Insanity [Re: LadyStorm]
      #36096 - Sat Jun 04 2005 06:52 PM

1. At lunch time, sit in your car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down....2. Page yourself over the intercom and don`t disguise your voice....3. Everytime someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.....4....Put a garbage can on your desk and lable it "IN"....5. Put decaf in the coffee maker at work for three weeks. Once everybody has gotten over their caffeine addiction, switch to expresso.....6. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For sexual favors "...7. Finish all your sentences with " In accordance with the prophecy "...8. Dontuseanypunctuation....9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk....10. Ask people what sex they are and laugh hysterically after they answer....11. Specify that your drive-through order is " To Go "...12. Sing along at the opera....13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don`t rhyme...14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day....15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can`t attend their party because your not in the mood...16. Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name " Rock Hard ".....17. When the money comes out of the ATM , Scream " I WON ! , I WON ! ".....18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling " Run for your lives, They`re loose ! "....19. Tell your children over dinner " Due to the economy , We are going to have to let one of you go "...........Enjoy.......Weatherchef

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Sebring, FL
Re: Healthy Levels of Insanity [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #36097 - Sat Jun 04 2005 07:24 PM

Quote:

1. At lunch time, sit in your car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down....2. Page yourself over the intercom and don`t disguise your voice....3. Everytime someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.....4....Put a garbage can on your desk and lable it "IN"....5. Put decaf in the coffee maker at work for three weeks. Once everybody has gotten over their caffeine addiction, switch to expresso.....6. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For sexual favors "...7. Finish all your sentences with " In accordance with the prophecy "...8. Dontuseanypunctuation....9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk....10. Ask people what sex they are and laugh hysterically after they answer....11. Specify that your drive-through order is " To Go "...12. Sing along at the opera....13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don`t rhyme...14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day....15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can`t attend their party because your not in the mood...16. Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name " Rock Hard ".....17. When the money comes out of the ATM , Scream " I WON ! , I WON ! ".....18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling " Run for your lives, They`re loose ! "....19. Tell your children over dinner " Due to the economy , We are going to have to let one of you go "...........Enjoy.......Weatherchef

OMG too funny!! I am going to have to try some of those at work-those people REALLY need to lighten up!!

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Healthy Levels of Insanity [Re: Heather]
      #36098 - Sat Jun 04 2005 08:10 PM

Two things I do best, cooking and making people smile. Be happy..Weatherchef

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
More Healthy Levels of Insanity [Re: Heather]
      #36155 - Tue Jun 07 2005 03:16 PM

1. Leave your turn signal on for 150 miles...2. Leave the copy machine set to reduce200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 98 copies....3.Reply to everything someone says with " thats what YOU think. "....4. Speak only in a " robot " voice....5. Make beeping sounds when a large person backsup....6. Holler random numbers while someone is counting....7. Staple papers in the middle of the page...8. Sew anti-theft detector strips into peoples backpacks....9. Write the surprise ending to a novel on its first page....10. Dress only in clothes colored Hunters Orange...11. Wear your pants backward....12. Buy a large quanitity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets...13. Tie jingle bells to all your clothes....14. Light road flares on a birthday cake....15. Leave tips in Bolivian currency.....16. Wear a cape when you go out that says " Magnificent One "...17. Drive half a block....18. While making presentations, occasionally bob your head like a parakeet.....19. Lie obviously about trivial things as the time of day....20. At a golf tournament, chant " swing- batabatabata-suhWING- batter! " 21. Ask the waitress for an extra seat for your " imaginary friend. "....22. Select the same song on the jukebox 50 times.....23. Make appointments for the 31st of September....24. Contruct elaborate " crop circles " on your front lawn....25. Construct your own pretend " tricorder, " and " scan " people with it, announcing the results. .......Enjoy....Weatherchef

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6444

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center