F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 241 (Idalia) , Major: 241 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 241 (Idalia) Major: 241 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)
trinibaje
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: Colleen A.]
      #55153 - Mon Sep 19 2005 05:53 PM

Colleen yes i agree with you... right now if i was not prepared i would be gone.... even if they fired me.... but thank goodnesss the only thing i have left to do is get some batteries and fill up on Gas.. everything in the house is in order since yesterday.

--------------------
-----------MY 2005 PREDICTION--------
15/10/5

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lee-Delray
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: Colleen A.]
      #55154 - Mon Sep 19 2005 05:56 PM

We checked on the law and there is none in Boca Raton. Again, don't blame the building; blame your boss.

When we got hit twice last year I was the first out of here for Francis. Our office is 1/2 mile from a barrier island so I son't beleive in taking chances.

Our firm was lucky, literally as soon as the roads opened people came to work without being called. If someone didn't have power after 3 days the owners offered to pay for hotel rooms.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: hurricane warning miami-dade [Re: trinibaje]
      #55155 - Mon Sep 19 2005 05:57 PM

Sounds like this may be something you have to decide on your own. The way this storm is wrapping up it could explode at any given moment. If you are in a watch/warning area, you could always print out a copy of the local Hurricane statements for your area where they say you should begin to prepare immediately and hand it to your boss/bosses and tell them you're going to take their advice. The cone is just that: a general idea of where they THINK it might go. If you're worried about getting fired, I don't blame you. But think of it this way: if you don't have enough time to prepare your home and it gets destroyed, you won't be all that worried about your job.

Glad to hear you're prepared...unfortunately, there are probably many people who are not.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Edited by Colleen A. (Mon Sep 19 2005 06:00 PM)

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: pensacola/gulf breeze
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: Lee-Delray]
      #55156 - Mon Sep 19 2005 05:59 PM

Models (bam and GFDL) shifting south again late in the forecast. Lots of uncertainty 72 hours out. and for what it's worth, temperatures here in the panhandle approaching 100! Ridiculous

--------------------
Erin 95 , Opal 95, Ivan 04, Dennis 05, and that's enough!!!!

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: pcola]
      #55158 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:02 PM

2 pm...still a storm but speed up to 14 mph to wnw

--------------------

trinibaje
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Re: I Wonder...... *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: pcola]
      #55159 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:08 PM

This post was sent to the Hurricane Graveyard

--------------------
-----------MY 2005 PREDICTION--------
15/10/5

Colleen A.

Reged:
Hurricane Watches/Warnings [Re: pcola]
      #55160 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:08 PM

FNC just said that Hurricane Watches/Warnings have gone up for some parts of the SE Florida Peninsula. I couldn't get all the info written down but no doubt it's in the advisory.
I am wondering what changes in the track the 5pm advisory will/will not bring. Like Terra said, communication is difficult. I hope Mayor Nagin and Kathleen Blanco are paying attention.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: trinibaje]
      #55161 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:11 PM

Go to the main page where they have links to special weather statements...there are a couple there that will give you some insight.

--------------------

Ed in Va
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc:
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: pcola]
      #55162 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:12 PM

Do you have a link to those models...all of my sites haven't been updated from this am.

--------------------
Survived Carol and Edna '54 in Maine. Guess this kind of dates me!

The Force 2005
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Philadelphia
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: trinibaje]
      #55163 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:12 PM

Check the main page for the 2PM update.

RECON DATA AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE THE SIZE OF THE STORMIS INCREASING...ESPECIALLY TO THE NORTH OF THE CENTER. THE FORECAST WIND RADII ARE EXPANDED BASED ON THESE DATA...WIND RADII CLIPER GUIDANCE...AND GLOBAL MODELS DEPICTING AN EXPANDING SYSTEM.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT Rita COULD AFFECT A LARGE AREA AND ONE SHOULD NOT FOCUS ON THE EXACT TRACK.

Edited by The Force 2005 (Mon Sep 19 2005 06:17 PM)

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Hurricane Watches/Warnings [Re: Colleen A.]
      #55164 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:14 PM

It's Golden Beach south, including all the keys for the Warning. Golden beach is north of Miami and south of Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale. So Miami-Dade county is under the hurricane warning, Broward is just under a watch/Tropical Storm warning.

Rita hasn't formed an eye yet, and is pretty steady, it's not doing any reforming right now and seems to be on track. I don't expect it to landfall in southern florida, but some of the winds will get close. The keys, however, will likely get socked some.

SEFL

Reged:
Re: hurricane warning miami-dade [Re: Colleen A.]
      #55166 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:16 PM

Quote:

Sounds like this may be something you have to decide on your own. The way this storm is wrapping up it could explode at any given moment. If you are in a watch/warning area, you could always print out a copy of the local Hurricane statements for your area where they say you should begin to prepare immediately and hand it to your boss/bosses and tell them you're going to take their advice. The cone is just that: a general idea of where they THINK it might go. If you're worried about getting fired, I don't blame you. But think of it this way: if you don't have enough time to prepare your home and it gets destroyed, you won't be all that worried about your job.

Glad to hear you're prepared...unfortunately, there are probably many people who are not.

I have been an employer in south Florida for almost 20 years. We keep our office open or close it based on the official hurricane statements. When Tropical storm warnings/hurricane watches go up we start preparing the business for the storm. When hurricane warnings go up the office is closed within two hours. Since the 100+ employees come from north, south and west, they have always been told to make the preparations they need to make, when they need to make them. I remind them but I don't go around and make sure they are getting their own preparations done. I never fired anyone for going home to prepare for a hurricane.

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: I Wonder...... [Re: Ed in Va]
      #55167 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:16 PM

Ed, the quikest way is to go to wunderground.com...they sem to have the spaghetti models posted first, but most of them are looking at houston

--------------------

Lee-Delray
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Hurricane Watches/Warnings *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard* [Re: MikeC]
      #55168 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:17 PM

This post was sent to the Hurricane Graveyard

The Force 2005
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Hurricane Watches/Warnings [Re: MikeC]
      #55169 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:18 PM

Mike,

That's not what the RECON is reporting. As i posted the previous post.

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Hurricane Watches/Warnings [Re: The Force 2005]
      #55171 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Mike,

That's not what the RECON is reporting. As i posted the previous post.

It has a circulation center, but it is not a full on visible eye as of yet.

Colleen A.

Reged:
      #55172 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:21 PM

Mike...they have issued inland hurricane warnings for Miami and a couple of other cities.

SEFL: Please don't take my comments personally. I wasn't trying to say that ALL employers would fire people, but some will threaten. My husband's boss is one of them.

--------------------

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Hurricane Watches/Warnings [Re: Lee-Delray]
      #55173 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:22 PM

Lets let the blow hards at FOX and CNN handle the blame game...I have a question, it seems forward speed is up to 14 mph, faster than anticipated..will this make the storm have a better chance of getting picked up by the approaching trough from the NW later in the forecast, or worst? Any met thoughts?

--------------------

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Mobile,AL
Re: Hurricane Watches/Warnings [Re: pcola]
      #55174 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:24 PM

Experts how sure are you that high pressure will remain strong enough so that this storm doesn't strike N.O - Mobile ?

--------------------
Over 4,000 members and now on a new server

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

The Force 2005
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #55175 - Mon Sep 19 2005 06:24 PM

I would be surprised if we don't have a "Cane" at the 5PM update by the way the system is developing now. Very warm waters, CDO is ominous, and the winds increasing as well as the lowering of the pressure. Tel tale signs that a "cane" is coming.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 62357

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center