F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

2024's Atlantic name list reuses 2018s, with Milton replacing Michael, and Francine Replacing Florence.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 247 (Idalia) , Major: 247 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 247 (Idalia) Major: 247 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Matthew
Unregistered

Re: GOMEX.
      #1010 - Sun Jul 07 2002 03:12 PM

Big news if you look very close you will see kind if a LLC cloud of cirrus with the thunder storms this is looking like it will form fast like barry sorry texas

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Matthew
Unregistered

#1011 - Sun Jul 07 2002 03:17 PM

a long time ago I was talking that this season could get a mitch into the u.s.[polloption=will this have the chance to get that strong]
[polloption=yes]
[polloption=no]
[polloption=I'm still mad with you]
[polloption=hurricane ]
[pollstop]

Matthew
Unregistered

#1012 - Sun Jul 07 2002 03:19 PM

a long time ago I was talking that this season could get a mitch into the u.s.[

Votes accepted from (Sat May 04 2024 02:33 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Matthew
Unregistered

#1013 - Sun Jul 07 2002 03:45 PM

you guys are still mad I have clean up now. I'm trying to give the lates one are low I'm very sorry for earlyer

Are you guys geting mad because I'm righting so many reports
or is this still what I was wrighting earlyer
All do what you want on fixing it up on my forecast
more updates needed
less updates needed

Matthew
Unregistered

#1014 - Sun Jul 07 2002 03:49 PM

you guys are still mad I have clean up now. I'm trying to give the lates one are low I'm very sorry for earlyer

Matthew
Unregistered

#1015 - Sun Jul 07 2002 04:13 PM

it looks like the first rain band is 100 miles a way from texas this looks heavy and displaced from the center could move in land in texas and a few hours.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1016 - Sun Jul 07 2002 04:35 PM

I am a little mad matthew,1st of all your post are not very easy to read,I need a translator to figure out what you are trying to say,after typing it you should double check it & make sure the spellling is accurate,I mean nobodys perfect but common,2nd of all you have way to many polls,your next poll should be,do we want to see your post or not...

Rad
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St. Pete Fl. {27.8N 82.7W}
      #1017 - Sun Jul 07 2002 04:40 PM

LOL ! Thats a Good Idea

--------------------
RIDE 2 LIVE 2 RIDE

Matthew
Unregistered

#1018 - Sun Jul 07 2002 04:48 PM

I I'm not a good at may words. In this was the only site I could start I help to be a weather man some day I now what I side was low of me. Because this is weather watcher own site I came a month ago helping to try tropical forecasts. I'm 16 and a half and I'm crazy about the weather.

do you want to see my post
yes
no
all think about it

Matthew
Unregistered

#1019 - Sun Jul 07 2002 04:49 PM

I I'm not a good at may words. In this was the only site I could start I help to be a weather man some day I now what I side was low of me. Because this is weather watcher own site I came a month ago helping to try tropical forecasts. I'm 16 and a half and I'm crazy about the weather.

Greyman
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Miami,Fla.
This is why I dont visit this site anymore
      #1020 - Sun Jul 07 2002 04:56 PM

This was a great site full of intelligent people with alot of usefull information to share,but I agree this site needs a moderater to make sure that a..holes like this dont ruin it for everyone,I do have a sense of humor but this guy is ridiculous,I'll visit again in a week or so & hope that this idiot is banned.

Matthew
Unregistered

This is a sad day for me.
      #1021 - Sun Jul 07 2002 05:13 PM

That vote for no was the most painful thing thatcould of ever hit me. That was shot right at my heart with the weather no it is not the storm it me. I'm not dumb a learn alot over my years of forecasting not good with word so say what you want. Because I'm not going to quit forecasting in till I die so I might stay and make forecast for people that want them.

Anonymous
Unregistered

fyi from BabyCat
      #1022 - Sun Jul 07 2002 05:14 PM

WONT41 KNHC 071353
DSAAT
SPECIAL TROPICAL DISTURBANCE STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
945 AM EDT SUN JUL 7 2002

SATELLITE IMAGES AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS THIS MORNING INDICATE THE
AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE CENTRAL GULF OF MEXICO HAS BECOME A
LITTLE BETTER ORGANIZED. WHILE UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT FAVORABLE
FOR ANY RAPID STRENGTHENING...SOME ADDITIONAL DEVELOPMENT IS
POSSIBLE AND A TROPICAL DEPRESSION COULD FORM DURING THE NEXT DAY OR
SO. AN AIR FORCE RESERVE RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT WILL INVESTIGATE
THE SYSTEM LATER THIS AFTERNOON.

THE LOW PRESSURE AREA IS EXPECTED TO TRACK WESTWARD AT 5 TO 10 MPH.
THE LOW COULD BEGIN TO AFFECT COASTAL REGION OF LOWER TEXAS AND
NORTHEAST MEXICO AS EARLY AS LATE MONDAY NIGHT OR TUESDAY MORNING.
ALL INTERESTS IN THE CENTRAL AND WESTERN GULF OF MEXICO...THE TEXAS
COAST...AND NORTHEASTERN MEXICO COASTAL AREAS SHOULD CLOSELY MONITOR
THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM IN THE EVENT ANY WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE
REQUIRED.

FORECASTER STEWART

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Re: This is why I dont visit this site anymore
      #1023 - Sun Jul 07 2002 05:21 PM

I don't think the recon will find much when they reach the activity in the gulf. The storms are dying off and I don't see anything to indicate that they will classify it a depression. The storms are not holding on in a consistant manner. If anything were to happen I think it will take at least one more day, if not more. I'm not sure it has that much time, though. We may have another bust in our search for the first T.D. of the season. Only time will tell.

Anonymous (HF)
Unregistered

95L
      #1024 - Sun Jul 07 2002 05:25 PM

though there hasnt been a Dvorak rating issued (no clear SFC low apparent), this disturbance is getting attention. a disturbance statement even.. gulf systems are innately more important than fish spinners. anyhow SFC obs arent showing much, so it's still hours to days away from getting classified. some models dont track it.. NOGAPS, the one that does, takes it in south of brownsville.
all the stuff off the mid atlantic is absorbed or marginalized. 94L i will forever be convinced was a weak tropical storm, but oh well.
one other area to watch is around florida and the bahamas. nothing ominious there now, but i have a hunch there might be in a day or two.
matthew, a word or two.. i write big posts too, and probably too many of them.. but i make sure they are readable. i dont want to piss anybody off, id rather hear their ideas. why would you want to write tons of incoherent stuff nobody wants to read unless you are trying to annoy people? we did have a spammer on this site once.. he isnt with us anymore. people have been booted for obscenity or spam, so you might want to ease up and make some sense.
HanKFranK aiken SC 1711z07july

Anonymous
Unregistered

MATTHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #1025 - Sun Jul 07 2002 05:57 PM

Well if you want to be a weather man you better learn how to spell,you are 2 years away from college and you have 3rd grade spelling,don't tell me you are only 16 & thats why you cant spell because I know some 16 year olds that are smarter than alot of adults i know.

Matthew
Unregistered

gfdl
      #1026 - Sun Jul 07 2002 07:32 PM

I can spell a little so can't totally kill me yet but all of you but a few nice people have been doing a nice job at kicking me and the teeth so ya I was out of line I fixed and and thinks for a few nice people. I thank you alot. Sorry about poor texas and most if these post were try a no wind fight to stay a live and here so I did watch the GFDL that forming this system so I will watch this as it becomes are first tropical storm of the season.

Anonymous (HF)
Unregistered

95L
      #1027 - Sun Jul 07 2002 07:40 PM

i'm about 70% now on this thing developing. low level wind convergence, convection in the right place, shear not too bad.. yeah, this thing will probably go. 95L could be pretty bad if it A) stays over the gulf long enough to get strong or B) heads inland and puts another 10 inches of rain on the texas hill country.

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Re: This is why I dont visit this site anymore
      #1028 - Sun Jul 07 2002 07:41 PM

I just looked at the NHC site and they have scheduled recon flights for tomorrow and Tuesday. The other thing they have on there is that there will CONTINUE to be 6 hour fixes as long as the system is a threat. Does this mean that we already have our first depression or are they expecting it to form tomorrow?

BabyCat
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: New Orleans, La.
GOM
      #1029 - Sun Jul 07 2002 08:07 PM

I don't see this developing much.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 12111

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center